{'en': 'I see yellow stain', 'es': 'Veo mancha amarilla'} Image

I see yellow stain

ajd's profile photo   02/01/2014 6:45 a.m.

Hello everyone;I wanted to comment that when I watch the computer or television screen I see in my vision, more or less on the left side a practically semicircular yellowish spot.It usually happens more or less when I have been in front of the computer for an hour and the truth is a little worried.

I have not yet commented to any doctor and I don't know if I should do it or not matter;They told me a year ago that I have "incipient" retinopathy but I am well controlled with a hemo in December 5.9 and previously 6.4 that has been the highest I have ever had.

What could they do, as anyway as you comment in the forum the microaneurisms if you control yourself well, you can correct alone, or not to advance?

ajd's profile photo
ajd
02/01/2014 6:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It happens to me when I am with hypoglycemia.But nobody has known why.The last review of the eyes was all perfect.

Bikerator's profile photo
Bikerator
02/01/2014 2:56 p.m.

Hello AJD.I comment from my mother's experience that if I had diabetic retinopathy (fortunately I am fine).She saw spots (without color) and what caused them mainly was the decompensations of glucose the ups and downs.That is why it is so important to try to maintain stability in sugar.To alleviate its effects, he underwent laser ray treatments in the hospital that helped him recover some of the view he previously lost.I speak of the 30 -year treatment so that surely today there will be better techniques.
My advice is that no. You let it be and tell your medical and if it is nothing better.Take care of yourself.A hug

nina45's profile photo
nina45
02/02/2014 4:49 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

With those we have so good, you should not be worried.It may be precisely a problem of descents.But as Nina tells you, try to make an appointment with the ophthalmologist, better to make sure.
A hug.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/03/2014 2:55 a.m.

Thank you all for the comments;The truth is that I do not think it is because of the decompensation since I have a fairMany times throughout the day) and hypos, if I have any are usually rather night.
I think it is rather some bloody vessel that I don't know why it appears in my field of vision;I don't know, I'll look at it.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
02/04/2014 11:04 a.m.

AJD keep us informed.We are aware of you.A hug and a kiss

nina45's profile photo
nina45
02/04/2014 4:37 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Hello, because I also notice the hypos in the view, when I wake up at night if when I turn on the bulb I get recorded in the hiccut retina safe, greetings.

Pedro37's profile photo
Pedro37
02/09/2014 2:42 p.m.

@Ajd Three years ago I got a letter that every time I remember puts my hair on end.He told me that I was diagnosed with a non -proliferating retinopathy type I.
The case that first of all chop was the total choff and then put the shout in the sky, how can it be that something like that tells me by letter?

I went immediately to my endocrine and told me that they were going to follow up, that I would test me every three months in the background and see how everything followed.Then I had uncontrolled a little, stress, work, many hours stuck to the computer ... come on my highest figure in Hemo and thus had more than a year 7.8, so I worry.

The fact is that after that letter, my eyes are perfect.He did not appear again or stain or anything and after two years in a row looking at me every three months already consider that there is no reason to blame everything to diabetes.
As they told me it could be a mistake, or simply that can happen to anyone with or without diabetes, due to certain efforts, by stress ... etc and that the body had probably eliminated that small spill without more.

Do not worry in excess, but as they tell you, comment with your endocrine to send you to the ophthalmologist and discard anything.With the controls you tell us, I would think it is difficult for it to be for bad control.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/18/2015 1:51 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Good afternoon I am very sad since I have galucoma and I can only see through the center of the eye, I no longer see reflections and although I am judicious with the treatment of the drops that have formulated me I have noticed that this disease is moving forward to me in an accelerated way.I don't know what to do, I appreciate any opinion or advice before this situation.

claudiagalinei's profile photo
claudiagalinei
10/04/2016 9:43 p.m.

I do not understand much, but I think that glaucoma can be controlled well if the treatment is adequate.
Let's see if he answers ophthalmologist.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/04/2016 11:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good morning.I step up to the extent of my possibilities, always taking into account that the diagnostic data with which I count are clearly insufficient, so what I do is simply venture.

@Ajd, the stain that you see, if it is always in the same place, it could be a focal edema of the retina in posterior pole, which somehow affects the perimacular area, but without affecting it fully, so, inIn case of needing treatment with laser, it would be completely feasible.

What you say that they diagnosed you with incipient retinopathy, supports this theory.You have to keep in mind that the lesions that occur in the retina are irreversible, that is, they will not disappear, although their progression and conversion in more serious forms, are directly related to glycosylated HB.

Microaneurisms are nothing more than the first step of retinal disease, and the important thing is not that they disappear, but that they do not give way to other more serious injuries.Consult an ophthalmologist specialized in medical retina, who makes you an angiography;This will know exactly what is happening.

@claudiagalinei, glaucoma is not a consequence of diabetes.The fact that you perceive that you only see the center, indicates that much of the peripheral visual field has been affected, and that it is an ancient process.The central vision will remain but you have to be careful, especially when driving, since you only perceive things when they are in front of you.

In principle, if the medication manages to stabilize the eye voltage at levels not harmful to the optical nerve, perfect.If not, we would have to resort to surgery.

As I always say, it is not easy to talk about these issues to incur technicalities.If any point, it is not too clear, you tell me and I will try to do better

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
11/19/2016 7:57 a.m.

Wooow!@Oftalmologo Thanks for the explanation, it is really complete, to see what @Ajd and @claudiagalinei.;)

Thank you so much!!!

fer's profile photo
fer
11/19/2016 8:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

ophthalmologo said:
good morning.I step up to the extent of my possibilities, always taking into account that the diagnostic data with which I count are clearly insufficient, so what I do is simply venture.

@Ajd, the stain that you see, if it is always in the same place, it could be a focal edema of the retina in posterior pole, which somehow affects the perimacular area, but without affecting it fully, so, inIn case of needing treatment with laser, it would be completely feasible.

What you say that they diagnosed you with incipient retinopathy, supports this theory.You have to keep in mind that the lesions that occur in the retina are irreversible, that is, they will not disappear, although their progression and conversion in more serious forms, are directly related to glycosylated HB.

Microaneurisms are nothing more than the first step of retinal disease, and the important thing is not that they disappear, but that they do not give way to other more serious injuries.Consult an ophthalmologist specialized in medical retina, who makes you an angiography;This will know exactly what is happening.

@claudiagalinei, glaucoma is not a consequence of diabetes.The fact that you perceive that you only see the center, indicates that much of the peripheral visual field has been affected, and that it is an ancient process.The central vision will remain but you have to be careful, especially when driving, since you only perceive things when they are in front of you.

In principle, if the medication manages to stabilize the eye voltage at levels not harmful to the optical nerve, perfect.If not, we would have to resort to surgery.

As I always say, it is not easy to talk about these issues to incur technicalities.If any point, it is not too clear, you tell me and try to do better

The fact is that it seems that with the passing of the months I have stopped seeing it and about 8 months ago they made me an eye and left that everything was fine;Of course, the ophthalmologist threw my anger because I had not seen the background.
I don't know what it would be but they didn't see me a microaneurism or anything "worth highlighting" as they say.
Thanks for the explanation.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/19/2016 12:21 p.m.

Hello AJD, the glaucoma I do not know I think it comes by nerve involvement if it is not treated in time you are losing the black vision of the parts that are in contact with aqueous.I suffered non -proliferative diabetic retinopathy in both eyes 4 years ago on the left if you see you sometimes yellow points depending on the type of lighting and so on.I currently wear slight right eye and use glasses for far.The test that cleared all doubts was a machine review through the intravenous administration of fluoriscicein.For almost two months I lost vision in both eyes, 60% told me that with a hemoglobin of 6 I would improve the thing and thorough control and I have done so.It is easy for you to tell you but very difficult to get it.I even remember that I started putting a small braille course just in case.Ajad the difference between not proliferating and proliferates is that when the body is proliferated, the blood vessel is lost and begins to manufacture another a real problem.Those who have it are diabetes mellitus 2 that as it takes so much diagnosis negatively affects the sight.Courage and see your annual review greetings.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/14/2021 6:18 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Excuse Mr. Arriaga, I ask him a question.The retinopathy that you say that has that is not that of high blood pressure no, the stain can be due to accumulation of lipids clear is done to see what the cotton was like and then I no longer remember.The lipids were attached to the retina, the blood spill that the macula has said becomes half good, they become a lot.And that is the fluid in the vitrea zone.It seems that the lesson has asked me and the greeting, Mr. Arriaga.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/17/2021 1:33 p.m.

K5288pn25.

AJD: Any alteration in view is not normal, especially we who have this condition.I suggest you go directly to an ophthalmologist specializing in diabetic retinopathy, when you take your last laboratory examination so that the ophthalmologist sees how its glycemia is, it is more if it has HBA1C your ophthalmologist needs it to diagnose it, do not expect it does not trust.Alfredo from Venezuela.Take care of them a lot.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
01/17/2021 5:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.