{'en': 'Tobacco and type 1 diabetes', 'es': 'Tabaco y Diabetes Tipo 1'} Image

Tobacco and type 1 diabetes

Urquis's profile photo   11/07/2010 5:08 a.m.

Hello, I have type 1 diabetes and I am a smoker for a year.I would like to know if it is true that tobacco affects diabetics much more about circulation and heart, since I have been able to read that affects 14 times more, but I don't know whether to believe it at all.

Is this true?How does tobacco affect diabetes?

Urquis's profile photo
Urquis
11/07/2010 5:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Uquis!
Well, what is true is that tobacco and diabetes are a bad combination, I don't know if the proportion is 14, 10 or 3.
Look, the main risk factors to suffer from cardiovascular diseases SN five: smoking, obesity, hypercholesterolemia, hypertension, and diabetes.Therefore, if you smoke and have diabetes, you already have two united risk factors that will accelerate the appearance of cardiovascular problems.
It also keeps in mind that tobacco favors accumulation in the arteries of the `` bad cholesterol '' and increases tension.Therefore ... I would recommend you quit smoking.Also because of the theme of the mouth, since we have more ease to develop ulcers and dental problems, and tobacco also facilitates this.

greetings!

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
11/07/2010 7:33 a.m.

Here are a good number of articles and reasons:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/09/2010 3:47 p.m.

I am a smoker and I have diabetes.My doctor is determined to leave tobacco.He even caught me smoking one day down the street, and when I went to the consultation he told me! I have seen you smoking, it's fine e!
And I said: how I take away my anxiety, in tobacco I encourage me, what do I do? Do I take tranquilizer pills?And he didn't want to send them.The pills are also addictive.
The truth is that I prefer to smoke.What I would like is to reduce the dose, but I see it impossible.Does anyone know how?
To quit smoking, in my case, it would be if my life were, or it would have been different, you already understand me.:-/
Two years with type 1 diabetes I am 52 years old, and a hem of 8.9.
Greetings.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
11/14/2010 2:22 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

I have been a smoker of almost two packages for 20 years.Suddenly they force you to leave everything and my problem is the same as yours (more some things).I managed to plant in 6 (the typical of after eating and coffee) did not understand eating and not smoking (cursed nicotine).I am doing tests and I have an advance, I no longer associate tobacco with food (I'm going 3), and the other day I got not smoking anything (I know you can) now I also tell you that there were no those who were next to my side of theBad milk I had.The next day I fell and at the three openwork I turned off, `but I had already committed sin.
But I have cut by article 27 and on Thursday I have an appointment with the pneumologist (I have asked for it) for smoking consultation and leave this shit forever, I am more stubborn than a mule but this is being able to with me, something that diabetes does notcan.
Try it by drinking liquids when you feelEnter desire)
I will say how the consultation with the tabaquero

puri's profile photo
puri
11/15/2010 1:52 p.m.

When I stop smoking (two years ago), apart from being very hard, focus my struggle to delay the first cigarette day, until you get delay until today.

antoni's profile photo
antoni
11/16/2010 3:26 a.m.

Hello, I am new in this forum and I have entered because it seems that I can not continue this time only and without answers.
Two weeks of smoking suddenly after 11 years smoking.
First I felt good, the first day I had acceptable controls.And from that day you go down an hour without going back, I do not sleep, after the low opposite effect and 350 sudden, until I got the ten units.
And now no matter what clicks me for three days 400 all the time ... I don't know what to do.
If someone can help me or have gone through something similar I would thank you for your opinion.

Alberto Chillon Marinas's profile photo
Alberto Chillon Marinas
02/12/2017 1:13 p.m.

Hi @"Alberto Chillon Marinas"

I am diabetic since the 19 (I have 42).When I stopped smoking, the first thing you notice is that nicotine is a substance that (I don't know how) makes you need more insulin, so as you say as soon as I quit smoking I had to go down the dose of slow and quicklyuntil you adjust it.

Now that it does not matter what you click on me, if it happened to me that when you do not smoke you are much more hungry and it is more difficult to adjust to the same diet than before smoking, it is an anxiety issue.

I would recommend you go up the slow now that you are upper all day.

On the other hand (I do not know if it is the case) the first year without smoking I cold as never in my life, and when you have flu or colds it is very difficult to maintain low levels of glucose.

I hope I have helped you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/13/2017 8:45 a.m.

@"Alberto Chillon Marinas" @"Kraken" I share the link to a topic on smoking.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
02/13/2017 9:51 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@"Alberto Chillon Marinas", good day.I spent two years without smoking, exercising and diet I climbed 6 kilos.I went back to vice!Although now they are 3-5 cigarettes.I do not want to make vice apology but so far I am fine from everything after 37 years smoking.It will take me toll, I deserve it, not like diabetes.You say you have insomnia ... I, the night I sleep badly spend the fatal day with crazy glycemia.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/13/2017 10:29 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.