The nonsense of the patient of the sick patient

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/11/2010 12:19 p.m.

Diagnostic tests in hospital centers convert patient disease into hopelessness and a slow walk and wait in rooms and corridors without sometimes receiving the explanations relevant to each test.Therefore, it would be necessary for the doctors to receive training and information to put in the patient's place, accompany him during the tests and reduce the emotional tension.

Albert Jovell.President of the Spanish Patient Forum - Thursday, November 11, 2010 - Updated at 00: 00h.

The feeling of misunderstanding becomes visible from the first moment they tell him that they will do one more test.The time between the indication and the realization usually vary.In the last year that variation has been between a week and eight months.In spite of this, the politically correct is to affirm that the health system is excellent (although perhaps we should omit the entity).The patient Josef K says that he has decided not to present himself to any of the tests.Sometimes, he tried to reason the administrators that that long wait was not normal but, apart from some growl, he only managed to increase his guilt for being sick.He doesn't know he is sick! They told him.Faced with misunderstanding, better abandon.The nonsense of the nonsense continues when Josef K is left the summons for the test in the answering machine of his house, limiting him the right to decide who should know the details about his illness.There is also much interest in knowing if the day and time of the test are compatible with their professional life and their family life.Social Security wants to work and health wants to be sick.What Josef K wants only has space in his prayers.

The days of the tests are arriving and, upon entering the hospital, their feeling of restlessness increases.Submit to a diagnostic test These days is an adventure.The waiting times are lengthened, the waiting rooms are uncomfortable, the machines spoil, the periods of fasting are exhausted, the results will be known and the different technologies configure a space closer to terror than to health.Josef K insisted, before my perplexity, that he does not exaggerate, that the Nobel Prize for Literature of the year 2002, Imre Kerstész, wrote in his memoirs that happened worse in a waiting room of a CT that when he was a prisoner in Auschwitz.These appreciations seem a little out of place, but Josef K is not expressed from resentment.It does not even seem angry, but rather it looks desperate and exhausted.And it is that the disease produces such considerable emotional wear that such psychological faint escapes any modern diagnostic technology.Special sensitivity is needed and knowing how to be next to the other to be able to appreciate it.That sensitivity used to be called a vocation.Without it the profession is meaningless.

Josef K has discovered that the plate always stops millimeters from the nose, although he believes that someone would have explained it before
I try to remove iron from the matter and I am wrong.Or maybe not, because with this attitude I force you to download the enormous accumulated tension with such proof even more.They have been made almost all.He tells me with the faint voice and a slow speech.The CT is fast, but there are professionals who write that radiates a lot, which generates doubts.Resonance is claustrophobic and noise inside the device is torturing, although they might do something to relieve it.The PET is complex and that is why they offer you a valium before the test.And the gammacámara is horrible! Josef K tells me vehemently.The first time they made me a spect they did not explain how I was and I found myself tied in a stretcher with a square iron of iron that was direct to my head andA machine that began to make a disturbing noise.I looked at the window where a person was supposed to watching me and there was no one.At that time I thought - ironies of life - that I was not going to die of cancer but of a cranial crushing.Fortunately, a professional entered and told me that you had to make a machine's reset.Everything seems to be fixed with valiums and resets, says Josef K with the irony of the desperate.After so many tests, Josef K has discovered that the plate always stops a few millimeters from the nose, although he believes that it would be better for someone to have explained it before and, perhaps, that the test began by the feet to gain confidence.Do you know what happened to me in the last test?Once I was on the stretcher under the iron plate, the professional who attended me came out through the door and told one of the technicians: "You already have it."That is the same as I tell my son when I put an egg to fry in the pan, says Josef K.

Given so much dejection, I can't think of anything to tell you that I triedproblematic patientIt is a process that has to be avoided, he tells me.For Josef K, everything is simpler and summarizes in an easy question to ask but very difficult to answer: Are professionals aware that they can go through a situation like mine?In such a matter I try to answer with an invaluable eye movement.If they are not, they insist, they should integrate into their training and training process the same circuit as patients.Only when they understand the emotional wear that supposes the itinerary of misunderstanding can feel truly proud of the work they do.After listening to his regrets, nothing has occurred to me to narrate it.His personal history was never part of the official speeches.

Medical Journal

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/11/2010 12:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Very good and very true.

Of course, the late is a bit exaggerated.They puncture me in March and a week ago they have already given me the result.Come on, they haven't taken more than 8 months to tell me that "the amount extracted for analysis is insufficient to be able to value ...": Mrgreen:

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/11/2010 12:42 p.m.

And to say it, Dana was made a resonance and it also took about 8 months to give the result: shock: ... my emotional tension was also somewhat high, I always had the comfort that if they had not told anything before it would be beforeBecause everything was fine, but I see no, Alea.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/12/2010 4:12 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Half of my life I spent without stepping on a hospital, I just remember once to see one of my newborn brothers.In the other half I have compensated the balance.I have gone in the two ways, for private and public, and from both sides, as a patient and as a visitor, and the only thing I can say is that in all cases ... no, I do not envy any of theprofessionals of this branch.Imagine the next time you go by subway, or enter a bar, or buy a newspaper ... that that person who is at your side that same day has to communicate to someone that his father dies, or who has to open the stomach toA teenager, or who has to take a radiograph to 40 elders who look at him scared, click 50 children who cry inconsolably ... look at him well, look at him with what tranquility is he drink coffee and read the newspaper before entering the curro ..day yes and day too ... no, I do not envy them.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
11/12/2010 5:55 a.m.

Social security is saturated, that's why there are so many waiting.We would already like things to be otherwise ... but it can't be.I am a future health, and I love this profession (nurse).But you have to be worth ...

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
11/20/2010 2:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.