How Contais HC of Polialcohols

HanSolo's profile photo   03/13/2014 4 p.m.

Simple question: When you calculate the HC of a pastry pastry dessert or some product of the Dayelet range (which are the ones I use), do you tell the total HC that Maltitol has?I say it because the polyalcohols are absorbed a bit "halfway" when they pass to the intestine, and I understood that you can absorb approx.50% of HC.So, do you count the HC of dessert taking into account that the polyalcohols are approx 95% HC?Or do you count less?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/13/2014 4 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I see that I can't erase it.The moderator can erase it.

Fer has published a post explaining the matter, so perhaps we better discuss it in the other thread, although this is older in time ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/14/2014 6:15 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hi @Grondullo,

Do not worry about erasing the subject, here I leave you a couple of links that explain in detail how to count HC of the polysocohols or polyles.;-)

Educorants and Diabetes Type 1
Link
The Poialcohols and Diabetes (how to count their HC)
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
03/14/2014 6:24 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.