Choose between two pumps.

Ana82's profile photo   11/14/2010 7:23 a.m.

Hello!
They give me choose between 2 insulin bombs;
- I see her from Medtronic
- Roche's combo
I have read about them and I have informed myself, but I would also like to know of the 1st hand as you work (those who use them) and that they have good and bad .....
To be able to choose better.
Thank you so much!!!!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/14/2010 7:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The two are very good, but according to I have heard, the technical service of Medtronic is the best.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/14/2010 8:18 a.m.

I have been with the ACCU-CHECK COMBO for almost two weeks.I do not know exactly what the Medtronic offers, but it has me in love, Ana. The Bluetooth system of the meter/bomb is brutal, to be able to pass the data via the Internet the doctor and that answers you on your mobile is simply a wonderful one and I ofI have no problems, although of course, I've been a short time.The Roche coach who has installed it is a love, and although I have not tried the technical service, there is a phone with 24/7 medical care for the pump and another for the meter.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/15/2010 11:20 a.m.

They must be the two very similar in benefits, I take her from Medtronic, you also give you a glucose meter the contour link that passes the data to the pump through Bluetooth.They also give you a USB to download all the pump data to a Medtronic software that seems very interesting in the short time I have been using it, it is on the Medtronic website and your doctor can have access.
Another advantage of the see is the continuous meter, Minilink, which does not cover social security for now but if you want you have the possibility paying clear ......

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/15/2010 11:47 a.m.

Hahahaha, let's go, you've stayed as you were !!Well, since the 2 bombs are good ... Well, to throw it to the Chinese !!or Pinto Pinto Gorgorito .... hehehe
And since we are ... which is simpler?The menus and the handling?Since it is the mobile with the simplest menus, at least they are and in the case of the pump, what would it be?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/16/2010 5:52 a.m.

Hahaha!!!!
I stay almost the same: P but I thank you very much !!!!
I already have 2 columns where I am putting the pros and cons (although it is a long time I want to be as informed as possible).
Thank you very much !!!!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/16/2010 5:56 a.m.

But Ana, at the hospital, has you let you choose between the 2 brands?I thought they gave you the one they wanted, without giving you the option to choose ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/16/2010 6:18 a.m.

Well, in principle, I think if: shock: .... or at least that has told me the educator !!!!!
I have an appointment in December with my endocrine so I will ask you to say it fixed.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/16/2010 6:53 a.m.

My mother, I have the appointment in February, and how to choose me ... I'm like you !!!I would not know which one to opt ....: Shock ::?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/16/2010 6:57 a.m.

Here they do not give you choice, they only put that of Medtronic and it does not seem very logical that they leave the patient the choice because if you do not know the two pumps it is a bit complicated, no?Both must be equally simple in handling, at least mine has no complication.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/16/2010 7:11 a.m.

Well, in the end they have not given me choice: I will put the I see the Medtronic, and for what I have seen and taught me, it is very good

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/18/2010 5:34 a.m.

I'm very happy to hear it!!!!!
You'll tell us ..... :)

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/19/2010 5:07 a.m.

I think the progressive implementation of glucose measurement in these pumps, either with a sensor of continuous measurement or with wireless communication-pump so that it has the information of the glycemia.But in the case of continuous meters of the same company as the bomb ... Uff ... are prohibitive.In my opinion, it is taking too long to lower the price of these devices.And if you don't go down, people don't buy them.And if you don't buy them, the company does not sell.And if you don't sell, you can't lower the price ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/19/2010 5:40 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Ana, in the end, which one have you decided?: D

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/19/2010 5:55 a.m.

I have not decided !!!
Because maybe I understood the educator badly, I am waiting for the consultation with my endo (it is in a couple of weeks) so that she tells me if they will put me the one I touch or I can choose.
Anyway, I still have to spend such a great waiting list that I have time to continue thinking which one seems more appropriate to me !!!
But as soon as they tell me something I tell you;)

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/22/2010 5:51 a.m.

Hehehe, ok. Well look, for when they put it on you, maybe I already have mine, and so you have one more opinion !!!: D
All the best

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/22/2010 6:24 a.m.

Perfect!!!
Thank you so much!!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/22/2010 7:02 a.m.

Hello: here in my area they put two bombs a month (in my reference hospital), and what they do is that they alternate, one month that of Roche and the other that of Medtronic.I have a month and a half with Roche's, and the truth is that I am very happy ..... greetings.

xiquillo71's profile photo
xiquillo71
11/22/2010 8:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.