One more that binds to the club

caravoz's profile photo   11/18/2010 10:19 a.m.

Hi, I'm Silvia, I'm 36 years old, almost 37 and I was diagnosed with type II diabetes 4 years ago.So far I have done it very well with the diet, but in the last analytical I have left a glycosylated hemoglobin of 6.5, when I have never passed 5. I have made a glucose curve of 2 h.and at 120 m.It had 265 glucose.They have not sent me treatment, to continue with the diet and exercise.How do you see it?

They have also told me that the Montignac diet is very good for the control of carbohydrates, does anyone know anything about the subject?I have a lot of mess with exchange of units and those things, someone who helps me please.

Greetings and I am very happy to have found this forum.

caravoz's profile photo
caravoz
11/18/2010 10:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The Montignac diet includes Coñac, isn't it?: Mrgreen :: Mrgreen:

Basically it is about consuming food (carbohydrates) of low glycemic index ... that is, those that cost them to raise blood glucose, which does not force the body to an insulin overexertion and therefore preserves insulin production ...

265 glycemia after 2 hours is quite high, perhaps an oral antidiabetic would need ... normally Dianben.
Although according to the case you could see some meglitinide (Novonorm or Prandin) ... I say this because the glyd is acceptable, although touching the limit in type 2 patients, perhaps controlling postpandracial glycemia peaks you would have glying below 6.

Check with the doctor or ask for a second opinion with a different doctor

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/18/2010 10:49 a.m.

I agree with Owash, except in the cognac :)) :)) :))

Welcome home, Silvia

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/18/2010 12:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.