Hello everyone!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/25/2014 3:58 p.m.

Hello, my name is Sonia, I am 45 years old and I am from Zaragoza.
I will explain my story a little, 3 years ago I went to a doctor, endocrine and nutritionist, to lose weight, since I have morbid obesity.I lost 22 kilos in about 7-8 months, but due to circumstances I left the diet and the weight returned (at supersonic speed).He already told me in his day that at my age we had to monitor the weight because with my background - Diabetic mother - and my obesity, I had enough numbers to be diabetic.
My mother died a year and a half ago and that also contributed to lacking my eating habits quite a lot, since when cooking for me alone, although I like to cook, stew for one as a laziness and ended up resorting to the easy, sandwiches, precooked, fried, fried... I decided to put a brake and re -ask for time with the doctor.I warm away, as soon as I am in a closed place, but I blamed him for my age to start with pre-menopause, when I told the doctor he told me no, he got up, took a glucometer and punctured my finger.I started crying to see the result: 250.I could only remember at that moment of my mother, what happened the poor because of diabetes, amputations ...
Obviously, apart from the regime to lose weight, I started to take metformin, although seeing that it does not finish lowering the glucose, Forxiga added to the medication.And the thing is going well, slowly, but we are all happy, I do not discourage me at all, I know that I have to take care of myself, that I have to be strong because the temptations are around - I work in a super and I see parade rich and prohibited things allThe days in front of me -but I also have people around that encourages me and helps.
Forgive for the brick.A kiss for everyone.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/25/2014 3:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Much encouragement Sonia, and to continue taking care of you;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
03/25/2014 5:24 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Sonia, if you cook the microwave, everything becomes very fast and you avoid the oil.I almost cook everything like that.Even the eggs, the helmet on the plate or on top of the food you want and put them less than a minute to the micro, and are already.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/25/2014 9:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Now you have to start a path that will not be easy, but nothing you cannot get.As for weight, it is a matter of changing habits and acquiring new ones.Forget that cooking "easy" is doing fried, there are other things that are healthy and also easy - fast to do.

We all have moments of downturn, tiredness, that we cannot with everything and then we look for an excuse unconsciously, which makes us not comply with what we had pre -established without feeling guilty.Before throwing in the towel, think that what you have found is an excuse that has convinced you.

Much encouragement Sonia!

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
03/26/2014 5:49 a.m.

Hi Sonia Guapisima.My name is Balby and I am from Barcelona (of Galician origin).I am 46 years old and I am type II diabetics.As I also had a diabetic mother with amputations and other complications and I also cry the thing by remembering her when discovering my diabetes.I am also obsa (although not morbid).Hahaha we have a lot of similarities eh !!!I also take metformin that caused me some terrible diarrhea the first month and a half (but with persistence and patience it is overcome).Here we are already a torque or three with excess weight, so encourage us to tell us your efforts and your achievements to lower those kilos of more.If you need anything you can send me a private.Many kisses and animals that must be said that our parents' diabetes is not the same as ours (the disease was unknown, treatments were less effective and food without sugar were almost non -existent -now there is almost practically everything -).A hug and for those kilos.Can!!!.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
03/26/2014 5:56 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Ah!And metformin (next to the diet and daily exercise) will lose weight.I just weigh myself and have lost another kilo.Oeee, oeee, oeee, oeeeeee !!!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
03/26/2014 6:03 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Hi Sonia

Welcome!

A cordial greeting

DiabetesForo
03/26/2014 9:55 a.m.

Thank you very much for your warm welcome: d.
I already want to see that on the scale 3 figures stop being seen before the decimal, but come on, that I have already lowered 10, of 114 that weighed in the consultation when I returned.

DiabetesForo
03/26/2014 noon

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.