{'en': '8 years with diabetes', 'es': '8 años con la diabetes'} Image

8 years with diabetes

paudiamandis's profile photo   03/30/2014 10:06 a.m.

Hello everything, my name is Paula and I am 16 years old (17 in a month) and the truth that I never thought I was going to register in a forum on diabetes but I have reached a point of my life that I think is the best for me.

I have been with diabetes for 8 years and the truth that at first had it very well controlled until I arrived in adolescence and from 14/15 I started having it very uncontrolled.Uncontrolled to have 11 and my mother's hemoglobins without knowing it.I currently have a 7.5 hemoglobin and my endocrine is very happy with it but the truth, that my problem was always chocolate.My father always brings chocolate samples at home and how you will understand there is no worse thing for a diabetic to put thousands of things with chocolate at home.

Today I still sinTo myself because I know that inside I am annoying myself, although that when I take something skewed me insulin even if I know it is not good.

Currently, I use the Lantus at night with 30 units and Humalog at meals.I would like someone of my age or who has gone through something similar to take a cable because I would like to start taking care of my diabetes well and that in the future I do not affect so much how bad I have done in these last 2 years.

Thank you very much in advance:-D

paudiamandis's profile photo
paudiamandis
03/30/2014 10:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Chocolate is not that it is bad for diabetes, the much sugar that usually carries is bad.

I like it too and what I do is eat it only for dessert, after a plate of vegetables and a second dish, if then I do something sweet does not produce the effect so negative that if I like it (in fact I haveMeasured the sugar several times and a lower climb is produced than if I am very rice or pasta).

Thus the sugar does not go so fast to the blood and controlling the amount a bit and putting you more insulin, because it would be.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/30/2014 10:29 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hi Paula, I'm glad you have decided to register here.I am 19 years old and diabetes since 15 and I can also say that lately my control has not been the one.Obviously, that of having things at home that they tempt is dangerous, but to be able to overcome it you have to be clear that what you want is to be well, and if it costs you a lot, there are sugarless chocolates, such as the value brand value and asThey tell you, you can take it at another meal when you enter the bug.
A kiss.

Nadia94's profile photo
Nadia94
03/30/2014 10:46 a.m.

Thank you very much for your girl advice, the truth is that I do not usually let me take things with a lot of sugar after meals, my problem is when it comes to it when the bug enters ... hahahahaha.I think everything is a matter of getting better :-)

paudiamandis's profile photo
paudiamandis
03/30/2014 11:26 a.m.

@paudiamandis being type 1 diabetic, adjusting insulin you are not prohibited.You have to eat healthy, but you also have to be caprices from time to time!If you feel like a donuts, a piece of cake, a cao tail with cookies ... do not stay with the desire, you put insulin and point.In this way, you will also avoid the anxiety of eating chocolate because you know if you want, you can eat it.Of course, you also have to save the line ... you will not eat of that every day!;)

I also, also as a chocolate one day ... I calculate the hydrates, and enjoy!

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
03/30/2014 2:38 p.m.

Hello...
Chocolate is one of the great temptations of diabetics.We can rarely avoid it.
I think you have to sincere with your parents and ask you not to bring home chocolate with sugar home.Like chocolate without sugar, there are already many brands in stores.
And don't forget to keep your guard high.You are young, if you do not, in the future as you know, you will have complications.
Greetings and encouragement

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/30/2014 2:47 p.m.

I totally agree with @mimbek, if you want to take any extra, be it chocolate or whatever, calculate the portions or click ... or a good trick is to leave it for dessert at meals like this you will not have to click more times ...My daughter has a bomb and when you feel like something you take it and put on a bolus.Of course, we already know that abusing is not good for anyone, so you have to do things with knowledge of cause;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/31/2014 7:31 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello!!My name is Bethlehem.
I am new here, although not with diabetes.They diagnosed me with 23 years, and now I have 40. I have an insulin bomb since 2009 and not even so I have not managed to lower the gyrose to less than 7.2, now it has come out to 8.5, (I hope to improve this soon), and I thinkThat it is to carry a diet to try to lose weight since I have a little overweight and I no longer know how to remove it, I exercise (9 hours a week) I try to take care of myself in the food, and I no longer know how to do it.
It will be like that and there is 8- |
Greetings to all

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
05/09/2014 12:35 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Well, I have discovered chocolate without sugar in the Super (day).The Wednesday I felt like two ounces of this chocolate (which is black of more than 70% cocoa) with a small piece of bread and 3/4 of glass of milk (that was my whole dinner) and the next day I looked at meThe sugar to see what I believed "a devastating effect" and a curious thing was 100. If that is repeated I will allow me luxury occasionally because enjoying as a dwarf !!!Ha ha ha.I am also the opinion that rice or paste uploads much more (especially rice).A kiss for everyone

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/10/2014 2 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

But I don't understand what is the problem with chocolate.You can't eat half a tablet, but abusing cannot be abused.I take from time to time some ounce (or two) of the sugar -free, pure or milk value.Savorramás is not bad, and cheaper.
In Lidl they had the best chocolate ... pity that without sugar they do not sell there.

You have to be more careful with the greasuza than with the sugar itself!

I like a little wine after food, and sometimes with some ounce.What a mix! But it gives me a little pleasure, heh, heh!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/10/2014 2:21 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Apology.I am new.When are you talking about ounces, you want to say 28 grams?

cesc's profile photo
cesc
06/21/2015 5:42 p.m.

Ok.I already saw it.1 ounce = 1 square

cesc's profile photo
cesc
06/21/2015 6:06 p.m.

I am almost 60 years old and I have type 2 diabetes. Paudiamandis talks about the problem of chopping and not being able to contain, particularly with sugary chocolate.The sugar is addictive.You can eat sweet things from other sources and not have the compulsion to eat it as much as it happens specifically.I really like sugary chocolate, but if I grab pure cocoa, it knows me horrible!I have compulsion for eating -with compulsion I mean that I cannot stop even if it is full, as if the brain never warned that it was enough.Already knowing that I had diabetes, I still couldn't avoid eating a cake, ice cream, a chocolate bar, etc.I have been doing seriously, for example, I took a university course on the brain and addictions.I tried to be 21 days in a row without ingesting something with sugar because they say that a new habit is formed in 3 weeks, but I never achieved the 21 days in a row - until I began to take a green juice on an empty stomach, which took away my desires (cravings).My levels are 110-120 on an empty stomach and less than 140 post-trandial.

I have suffered from these compulsive anxious for eating all my life.I clarify that I am not and have never been Obesa - although I had any overweight for the 40 when I did not exercise.

When I was a young lady, I discovered that if I ate a fruit dish in the morning I did not want to eat sugars (cookies, ice cream, etc.).Maybe you find something that serves you.

I have read some of the comments here that say: "Go ahead, eat whatever you want and simply put insulin!"Well, I have read a lot about diabetes.I have seen many explanatory videos and I have been in diabetes conferences for reasons of my work.I have also seen/meaning in myself a countless symptoms that fit the descriptions and explanations that such diabetes literature says.I have not read about diabetes 1, so I don't know.

You are very young and it would be good if you can avoid the hateful complications of diabetes.I am sure that you can get other pleasures in life, apart from sugars, or in particular, sugary chocolate, if the amount of sugar it contains is very high.

Take care of yourself.That means: love yourself, and you're fine.

zumo123's profile photo
zumo123
06/22/2015 12:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.