Debut at 9 years

serjupman's profile photo   11/25/2010 5:21 a.m.

Hello everyone, my parents want to speak with people like me, and that is why they have registered me in this forum, I have 10 years recently, and a month ago I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, I hope to share with you the doubts and questions, whichMy family and I have diabetes, chao ..

serjupman's profile photo
serjupman
11/25/2010 5:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!Welcome to the forum!How are you?It's okay that you get in the forum, you sure learn a lot of things: D say your parents who also get a thread of parents where they can chat and share experiences with more parents, there are a lot of parents hereof diabetic children who can guide you and solve all doubts.You will see how in a few months you and your parents have it dominated :)

ciao!

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/25/2010 5:35 a.m.

Well, I also welcome you to the club.
I don't know if you are a boy or girl.I have a diabetic daughter, who is now 16 years old and that debuted almost at the same age as you, at 8 years, so we already have enough filming with this.
Tell your parents to also enter the forum, that we are enough to share experiences and, if possible, solve doubts.
Tell us more things about you, how you wear your glycemia, what treatment you have, in short, whatever you want.And raise all your doubts, okay?

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/25/2010 8:04 a.m.

Thank you for answering our forum debut, we are concerned about our child because it has the uncontrolled glucose values, as soon as it has for breakfast 109, that at 12:00 57, all this having had breakfast their corresponding rations, and having lowered theInsulin, for its honeymoon, there are times that it gets a bit of others not, it is without living, according to us until this period is over. We are with 9 units of Lantus and with 2unities of Humalog in meals, we are doingGlucose controls before meals and at two hours later, of course between the night, on Tuesday we have a visit with the endrocrino and have what tells us, we are going to comment on the insulin pump to take at the same time, notI know that I will tell us, I imagine that your answer will be that it is something soon to put it on and that there is a tail of people waiting a great, that we have patience, some of you could tell me when they prescribed it, after one year, or less,Thanks again and we encourage everything.

serjupman
11/26/2010 6:49 a.m.

It is normal for glycemia to be uncontrolled.The lack of experience, the difficult to adjust the treatment and the honeymoon play bad passes.If we add the growth hormones, the unpredictability of the exercise in children, emotional situations and about 20 more factors, we see that miraculous is good control.
But have patience, write down everything and ask every doubt.There is a thread of "parents" in this forum where you have an entire arsenal of experienced people and that can help you a lot, all without ever replacing the endocrine.

The bomb depends more on each doctor and each hospital than any other factor.If you tell us where you are, we can probably guide you about what are the hospitals or endocrine that are more favorable to put bombs.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/26/2010 8:33 a.m.

Welcome to the forum

In my opinion, you have to miss a time of adaptation and learning of diabetes, before putting the bomb ...
Although as we almost say, each case is a world.

The glycemia that you put are normal ... Up and down is completely normal, even in people without diabetes the glycemia after a meal are shot above 140 but then return to normal ..

Maybe you could consult with the pediatrician/endocrine to lower some dose of Lantus, if the glycemia before the food/dinner are low ... it is easier to modify the ultrarapid insulin than the slow one.

DiabetesForo
11/26/2010 12:50 p.m.

Hello being Jupman.Welcome.Your debut at 9 years and I at 50. You'll see that it is not so much.Surely you will get used to being a routine.At first we have to adapt, but all, :)) We all overcome it.Find out and you will see the number of athletes and celebrities who have diabetes, and as if nothing!;) Tell you how you go from time to time.Adeu.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
11/26/2010 1:55 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Welcome to the forum, family !!!!
Here another mother.My daughter is now 12 years old and debuted with 5, and yes, I think you are a bit baffled with everything ... It is the period of adaptation, learning ... Then it is all more bearable, and surely your child will do athe most normal life.
It seems good to me that you go to the tail of the bombs, it is undoubtedly the best treatment that our children can have.

Much encouragement and a hug !!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/27/2010 5:53 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

serjupman, where are you?We do not know how you are doing, hopefully, do you write a little, will you have done 10 years?:))

Consu's profile photo
Consu
12/21/2010 2:43 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Hello, Consu, we have been very lined with Christmas and the Magi, heh, heh, first of all happy year to everyone, we are a little calmer, today three months ago of our debut, and we are low, thisIt is a daily struggle, today they have told us to look for our lives to buy the lancetas and until we have made the association in the pharmacy, the child continues with a honeymoon, their values ​​vary from 100 in 100 but inEnd to be all day on top of it we regulate enough and nothing more friends, I promise to be more attentive to the forum, greetings

serjupman
01/13/2011 12:56 p.m.

SERJUPMAN, Hi Majo!Where are you so that the lancetas don't give you?And no low, up the moral :)) You already take in peace.Although being so child, Alomejor is a little more difficult, I say it for sweets, even though there are delicious things without sugar, and if you eat with sugar, cardboard, care, look at the hydrates eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee: p Greetings and happy year.
I tell you all, by fab: evil: or decide where soissss

Consu's profile photo
Consu
01/13/2011 7:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.