Different glycems depending on the hand?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/30/2010 3:30 a.m.

I would like to know if there is any study that says if there is a difference in glycemia depending on the hand in which it is done.
Last night my son said that he had down and he did it on the left and he had 156, but he insisted that he felt bad and in less than a minute he repeated it in the other hand and gave him 56: Shock: What Musques meIt is not the first time that happens.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/30/2010 3:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Something similar happened to me, I fight a pear, and I washed my hands a little above and at two hours I came out a rare value, I washed my hands again and after two minutes I did it again and the normal came out.... ,,

DiabetesForo
11/30/2010 3:40 a.m.

It makes me shine that, peace, but I tb.I have seen differences depending on what fingers ... too, as Estu says it is possible that I did not have your hands very clean ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/30/2010 4:25 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I more than the hands, I think of the glucometer.We have tested with the same finger itself and difference of almost 100 ...: Shock: so I do not trust anything.

DiabetesForo
11/30/2010 5:15 a.m.

It does not have to give different.Although we already know that a meter will never give two equal values ​​despite using the same drop of blood.
But saving that premise, it doesn't matter the arm with which you look.What you cannot compare is a measurement in alternative places (arm, handcub, etc.) with that of the finger yolk, optimal place.And another thing that may also interfere is what a person has cited above;substances that interfere in glucose measurement.Have you ever tried to measure them after having eaten chocolate and still have remains in your hands?Any substance with glucose will alter the result.The cause of that incoherence would be most likely.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/30/2010 5:27 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

It was not for having any dirty hands.Because seeing that difference I sent them to wash them and gave it not the same but similar, in one hand down and in the other.Luckily he does what he thinks he has to do and knows what he feels but I think of the nights when I do the test and he does not wake up, sometimes if he has it low and makes him take a cao tail, ofThose that are already prepared.Asleep does not notice the hypos, and if it is one of those measurements that, having descend, it is not reflected in the result and I go to sleep so quiet? ... And the little girls who do not know if they lower or upload them? ... orAs Marcita says, they can have a descent and the glucometer does not reflect it to you.: Twisted: Ufff, maybe you shouldn't pay much attention to me ... curly the curly ... but thank you very much.

DiabetesForo
12/01/2010 3:27 a.m.

The same thing happened to me several times after peeling an orange, so now I always wash my hands before measuring ...

DiabetesForo
12/01/2010 7:43 a.m.

It has also happened to me after having taken a piece of cotton of sugar, gave me 400 compared to the 50 I had.However, it has never happened to change my finger or hand, maybe a difference of 10 or 15 mg/dl but nothing else and that is due to the % error that glucometers that increase to extreme levels (or very high (or very high (or very high (or veryor very low)

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
12/01/2010 2:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.