I need your collaboration

puri's profile photo   12/03/2010 2:15 p.m.

hi how are things?I need your collaboration since after my first hypoglycemia (I think) nobody has helped me, it's more told me to consult on the Internet (2 medical professionals).

For 2 months every day I have done "the same", I have the same habits 26 U Levemir on an emryFrom eating 180-200 after eating (with nap included) 90-120 before dinner, practically the same removing the ups and downs that give you those rare days of mood plus walks, more problems and dislikes .....

But today is not normal.The same every day, but around 10 I have started to find me bad, dizziness tremors, a strange thing (I always detect the decrease in sugar by cold sweats), and in a place I punish myself and I see that I am 40 (to dieof the scare), I have taken without thinking about a sugar envelope, an empanadilla, and an apple, which was what I had Amano.

At 20 minutes I go to 60 and after a while at 80. I had to go with my husband to a place, and halfway in the car, I tell him that I will be dizzy (13 hours), I skewer and 65 (againto give me something), and I eat three cookies that were left in my bag at 30 minutes 89. When I get home before eating 157 and 2 hours later 123

I am afraid of the night
Have I acted well?
I changed the insulin injection site (I punctured me in my leg and now in the belly), can it have something to do with?
I go to the doctor?On the weekend I did not trust.
The effect of the levemir from 07.30 in the morning will go?
Abuse at hydrates dinner?
Can it happen to me again?

I would thank you for an answer, I don't know what to do, and I don't think that keeping it down and drinking sugar is very good, or if?

puri's profile photo
puri
12/03/2010 2:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It seems to me that in general your controls are very good.
A punctual hypoglycemia, such as yours, may be due to many factors: to change the injection zone (the belly is faster absorption zone), to a lower absorption of hydrates, to an interference with medication, to the medication, to thestressss ....
It is very difficult to know, but I wouldn't worry too much.If repeated, you will have to look if you have to correct insulin doses.In any case, you acted well.
Try to always have sugar, juices or glucosport.The Glucosport is comfortable to carry and take, and it takes you out of a hicc as a hiccup, because it is pure glucose.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/03/2010 2:35 p.m.

Hello Puri

If you always click on the same place and change ... and just that day you have hypoglycemia ... suspicion is clear: the leg injection zone was saturated and insulin had a hard time taking effect.

Maybe it has been something punctual as ALEA comments, if repeated ... Try to lower the fast dinner units and see how you arrive before bed ... as prudence you eat 1-2 cookies before bedtime ... in caseThe hypos are repeated ... Better spend a quiet night to 180 or 200 and recover confidence.
Tomorrow will be another day and you will recover the feeling of control.

In any case, your glycemia are good and more considering the cortisone you take.

DiabetesForo
12/03/2010 3:13 p.m.

thanks for everything
I do not sulked me fast insulin for dinner, that's why I asked if the morning of the morning agaunata until night.
And besides, what do I do tomorrow, where do I punish?I click on the belly and more breakfast and lunch before?
I don't know what to do or who to consult
Thank you very much

puri's profile photo
puri
12/03/2010 4:05 p.m.

It is difficult, when things happen only once, knowing the causes and how to solve it.

I would continue to click on the gut, the same amount, and more frequently monitor glycems, to be able to act in case of hypoglycemia.If it is not repeated, the cause can be anything punctual.If repeated, then most likely is what Owash comments and you will have to reduce the less less.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/03/2010 4:44 p.m.

Hello,
For me the problem is very simple: "26 u Levemir on an empty stomach" you have to lower the dose.
If you have a very high dose, during the day you need to eat a greater amount of carbohydrates.
The same thing happened to me when I walked.The tremors began.I lowered the dose 2 units and controlled it very well.With this I do not say that you go out exact 2 u.You must go down progressively every 3 days until the dizziness disappears.
Greetings

creartes's profile photo
creartes
10/26/2018 4:08 p.m.

The belly is the body area where insulin acts before.The leg acts much slower except that you are doing sports or walking and the action is speed up

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/02/2018 12:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.