Hypos with bomb

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/07/2010 11:24 a.m.

Hello: I am a diabetic since the 8th and I have 35 so I must be one of the most veteran, I have no complications because I take care of me a lot and I have some glys between 6.5-7.5 although those of 6.5 alreadyFor a long time, I have taken a bomb for 2 years and more or less got used to it but I continued to have hypoglycemia and gave me a nocturnal with loss of conscience and left it.I had a very low basal between 0.2 and 0.7 u.Time and sometimes put me at 500mg dl without knowing because I deduced that it was not the insulin for a catheter problem and as you speak all you don't know.I carry it well but they give me enough hypos and I have a mental chaos I do not know if I put it again or buy a continuous glycemia meter because of my hypos, I wear a novorapid 3-0-4, Novomix 70 0-7-0and Levemir 0-0-10 dose of child, there are children who get more than me.What would you do pump or continuous glycemia meter?We palm the fixed.I have had 2 daughters 5a and 4a now have no pump with glycades of 6 but killing me hypoglycemia especially in the first quarter.
Some solution for my case.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/07/2010 11:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yaiza, there are teenagers who put 50 or 60 units of Lantus ...
Compare is not good, less in diabetes and even less in insulin needs.

Continuous sensor pumps do not have even the software that calculates the insulin dose.

The pump is not the panacea ... If you are going very badly with the feathers you will go badly with the pump .... If you go wrong with the feathers you will regulate with the pump and if you go well with the feathers you will go well with the pump.

To the hypos, with or without bomb, you have to look for explanation (cause) and remedy.
If you have continuing hypos, something happens and you have to discover what it is.
Not for carrying a bomb, it means that you are going to reduce the hypos ... but that you can refine much more with the insulin that you get ... nothing more (which is not little).

For me, the continuous, non -invasive and reliable meter, is what I would ask researchers as a significant advance for diabetes.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/07/2010 1:43 p.m.

Hi Yaiza1,

I have been bombing for 3 months and have been hard months in some aspects and instead the companion who put on the bomb with me has been great and perfect since the first day, almost almost.Because, I have a different lifestyle and different insulin needs depending on the moment of the day of the week, which, finding all this is being more complicated, but we are already close to Cerquita: d.

The pump does not avoid either hypos or hyper.Simply to take it we will not be more controlled.We put the control.It is also true that no matter how much control there are inevitable things:

- The period to find the most appropriate doses (here I am with my hyper and almost solved).
- The balance between insulin- ch.This is something you must control.
- Correct hyper and hypos.This is in your hands.
- Hyper you don't expect.The bomb is a machine, and as such can fail or can be filled with air (something that happens with some frequency), you have to do a good daily tracking.

Now, if you have a good control, the pump is a good octive.Personally I love not having to inject a minimum of 4 times a day, more corrections.I love the flexibility that allows me.I love that with the bomb I can adapt more diabetes to my life, to each new option they offer me.

But I am also aware that diabetes I still carry it.The bomb is only extra help, but I am his boss.

By the way, I also have low insulin levels.Basal of 0.5-0.6 Depending on time and bowling between 2.5 and 3.5 :), and I think the bomb, for which we carry little insulin, is still better and more comfortable, because it allows us to regulate the heart.

Totally agree with Owash: continuous non -invasive and reliable meters.I want one now!

A kiss,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/08/2010 8:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.