20 -month -old girl

nuriavegal's profile photo   04/25/2014 7:11 a.m.

Good morning.
My name is Nuria and I am the mother of a 20 -month -old girl who debuted 6.
We are with Levemir at breakfast and Novorrapid Breakfast, food, snack and dinner.We do not get it controlled, it has hypers and hypers because it is very very sensitive to insulin, the doses are 1/4 in 1/4 in syringe and nothing that the piston is either above or below imperceptibly in sight, or the loss or uploads the sugar at full cloth ... it is a despair, the nights are horrible, controls every hour because it has hypos (not always) at any time of 00: .00 to 6:00, despiteThat at night he has no insulin, from 00:00 he begins to lower his sugar and we can have a hiccup at any time ...
Anyway, on Monday we started with the diabetes educator because they put insulin bomb, being so complicated to control it, the endocrine has already tried all possible combinations and there is no way to stabilize it ....

We have had a continuous glucose measurement sensor a week, so that the endocrine saw the night activity, the truth is that it has been very useful especially for the day, since it warns you of the trends and how it is so unpredictable, you anticipate the hypos.We are thinking of acquiring it when they put the bomb, although the economic effort is important since at least in Madrid, it is not financed.
Does anyone have experience?Does Medtronic's good with the Medtronic bomb?

Thank you very much to everyone.
See you around here.

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
04/25/2014 7:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course you will be much better with the bomb!The TB sensor will help a lot, but maybe with the pump is enough ..
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/25/2014 1:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Nuria@ the first thing I encourage you, you will see how you find a guideline or at least better control.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/25/2014 3:05 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Jo had written a post telling you my experience with the monitor and has only published the beginning, I will start again.
I have taken the Medtronic Monitor and it goes great, there I use the Dexcom and I like it more, I tell you: the Medtronic sensors must be changed for 3 days although I have taken them 6 and perfectly.The Dexcom are a week but they last 2 quietly, they last more.
Another important thing is that that of Medtronic So can separate from body 1-2M and the Dexcom can separate you from the body 6 m and up to 50 in open spaces, the 1-2M Medtronic, this is very good for parents, which you canTake your in the bag The place of the girl hooked and especially at night, you leave him in your table and the girl can be in her room and you don't have to get up to look at him.
Another thing, the size of the receiver, the Dexcom is much smaller and goes to battery the Medtronic is like a Walkman of those before and this is like an iPod.
Economically the Dexcom comes out cheaper because the sensors are not changed so much and also less clicks.
As an advantage of the Medtronic is that if you are going to put a bomb, the monitor goes with the pump in the Musmo apparatus (but of course you cannot separate it from the body)
If you just go with monitor, without the dexcom.
I have never used but I think it regulates us quite well and maybe in a baby it is easier to graduate with the doses

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/25/2014 3:20 p.m.

Gala, can you comment on how much each one goes a month?

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/25/2014 4:27 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Thank you very much for the welcome and you gala especially for the clarifications.
Dexcom's is the one that has left us in La Paz, the sensor has lasted 7 days.
The truth is that the theme of the remote transmitter is important, more with an earthquake like my girl that does not stop, what happened to us with the Dexcom is that we have had a couple of hypos that has not detected.We know that it goes with some delay, but it did not fall from 80 the sensor and the girl was in 60 on one occasion and in another in 54, twice it was at night and we realized because as I have commented we do controlsevery hour from 00:00.That is what threw me back a tad with this sensor, and since the bomb is Medtronic the idea was....., I almost opted for the dexcom the truth.Let's see what the commercial, of Medtronic, tells us, has to call us but you have already clarified the truth.
Dexcom's commercial told me that it was very rare that he had lasted for a week ...., the girl did not notice it and was perfectly put when we took it off, that is, he did not move or she tried to remove it orNothing ... I don't know if bad luck will have been ...
A more gala things, do you know more or less the price of Medtronic sensors?

Many thanks for everything.

nuriavegal
04/25/2014 4:50 p.m.

Let's see, the Dexcom sensors come to € 93.5 the sensor, they are sold in boxes of 4 and supposedly each sensor lasts a week so 374 per month.What happens is that they do not last a week, it is normal for 2 people who last more like me but that is already each ...
The Medtronic's, are about € 60 (2 years ago) and you have to change every 3 days, so the week comes to a little more than € 120, a month about € 500 but almost always last 6 days if they last longerI can say because as it was from the hospital I had to return it at 6 days, and I could not restart it again.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/25/2014 4:56 p.m.

My mother ..... what prices.
Thank you very much Gala ..... I will tell here what we decide.
You take it because you don't notice the hypos?Sorry to bother you.
We have no one in the family or friends with diabetes ... and so far I have not felt strongly and earn to enter an association or a forum like this.

nuriavegal
04/25/2014 5:05 p.m.

What the monitor has given me apart from seeing the fluctuations of blood cell, my mother the poor since they diagnosed me did not return to sleep for a whole night, at least she got up twice to go see me, she was in a continuous living and when I started dating the friends, I don't say anything, I think thatIt was the 1st who bought mobile from all over Spain (je je) and pigeoned me to call her for anything and she.
How different would have been his whole had existed a pot of these.
It is rare that I do not detect the descent, I have the alarm on 75, it is what the commercial recommended precisely because of the delay, but I already tell you that it is rare, because there are moments that even go to the time and you also have to addthat even with the glucometer you do 2 controls in a row and there may be a 15-20 difference

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/25/2014 5:11 p.m.

When the "End of Sensor" sensor warns you at the end of the week did you restore it and did not work?Or did you restart it?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/25/2014 5:17 p.m.

Yes, I restarted it and nothing .... sensor failure.
As I understand your mother ..... I don't know without a sensor, bomb and everything, I'm going to relax ...., I don't think, just think something and I don't find out ... that it is verysmall, my fat man is not even two years old.
We had the alarm in 80, but what surprises me is that another hypos if it detected them and those not.And there was almost always a difference of 20 up or down with the glucometer, so it was reasonably well.

nuriavegal
04/25/2014 5:28 p.m.

It might do something wrong and not restart well for that.The commercial told me that they only registered the case of a person to last a week, who at least 10-15 days.
I thought it was the same to convince me to buy it, but if you already tell me that you last more .....

nuriavegal
04/25/2014 5:32 p.m.

On the Dexcom, we have a topic in the forum that deals in detail prices, tricks, experiences, etc .... take a look, here I leave it.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
04/25/2014 5:40 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much Fer.

nuriavegal
04/25/2014 5:42 p.m.

Good luck with the baby.

What aberration that these costs are maintained.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/25/2014 5:55 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Well, it is weird because I don't even "die" definitely, for more than restart it, it tells me about the sensor, it is normal for it to appear?that when I did not realize and took him ahead.
I am not a mother yet, we are considering us but I panic to think that because of me the baby could have a problem, so in a way I understand you because I am not and I am already overwhelmed thinking that I can happen to him
My mother tells all pregnant women especially when they give the news (to those of clear and grace trust): "You just got a disease that does not heal you until the day you die," he says it as a grace butI think it's a truth like a temple.
But well you have to think that your chubby will be phenomenal and you will see how it will not always be, I have been 23 years and here I am

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/25/2014 6:08 p.m.

You don't know how it encourages me to listen to you, well read you !!!
The truth is that for now I find it to see the light at the end of the tunnel ... but I know it will arrive.
Girls with diabetes are very controlled, but it is normal for you to have that fear, it has when there is no problem .....
Thank you very much Gala!We "see" here!Let's see what they tell us about the bomb on Monday ...., I am looking forward to learning quickly so that they put it how before to see if it improves ....

nuriavegal
04/25/2014 6:34 p.m.

Much mood nuria!I can't help you yet with bombs, I'm sorry.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/28/2014 9:16 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.