Canagaglyzine treatment

anais's profile photo   12/12/2010 3:19 p.m.

I would like to know if anyone knows the new treatments with canagliflozine for type II diabetes.thank you

anais's profile photo
anais
12/12/2010 3:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I had not read anything, nor did it sound like anything.

But I have gone and this beautiful news has come out:

I have continued Googleando and the Canagliflozine is still in phase 2, it seems that it will be associated with metformin and ostensibly improves the treatment of metformin+sitegin
Obviously it is intended for type 2 patients

I am surprised that it is Johnson & Amp; Johnson (Lifescan) who has open a line of research in oral antidiabetics and that is interested in the Dyamid vaccine: shock:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/12/2010 3:36 p.m.

Nor are totally exclusive things ... assuming that the vaccine that of Diamyd was successDestruction of beta cells, by a lot of diamyd vaccine that would be put to people could continue to be there.

The approaches about type 2 diabetes when I debuted in the mid -nineties were two: 1) do not produce enough insulin they need and 2) produce all the amount of insulin they need but their cells are not able touse it at least not all.

In any of these two approaches the diamyd would do nothing, said in conspiranoic terms that remains very well when there is some laboratory or pharmaceutical company in the middle: "no matter how much the diamyd was successful, there would continue to be business with types 2".

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/12/2010 4:23 p.m.

EMA recommends authorization from
'Invokana' (Canagliflozina) for patients with
Type 2 diabetes
Madrid, Oct. 17 (Europa Press) -
The Committee of Human Use Medicines (CHMP) of the
European Medication Agency (EMA) has recommended
Canagaglyzine authorization, marketed by Janssen with the name of
'Invokana', as a treatment to improve glycemic control in adults with
Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Oral administration once a day, this treatment option belongs to
A new class of medications called sodioglycose transporter inhibitors
Type 2 (SGLT2).Specifically, Canagliflozina acts by blocking reabsorption
of glucose through the kidney and increasing the elimination of it through the
urine.
And, the kidneys play a key role in maintaining balance
of blood glucose levels, since glucose is filtered from blood to
the kidneys, and reabsorbed again to the blood flow.Said reabsorption is done
mostly through the Sodium-Glucosa conveyor type 2.
Hence the importance of this new drug that acts selectively
inhibiting this transporter and that favors the loss of glucose through the
urine, getting a reduction in sugar levels in adult patients
with type 2 diabetes.
The American drug agency (FDA) authorized
The marketing of 'Invokana' last March.When approved in
Europe patients may have a new treatment option.
"The pandemic of patients with type 2 diabetes continues to increase in Europe.
It is true that despite the available treatments, there are still many patients who
They fail to reach and maintain long -term blood sugar levels that
They are desirable.Diabetes is a progressive disease that if not controlled can
Cause the appearance of serious health complications.Hence the importance
that authorization in Europe is recommended from a new treatment option
which is supported by an extensive program of clinical trials, "said the
Professor of the Oxford Center for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism of the
Oxford University (United Kingdom), David R. Matthews.
Specifically, the application to market the drug is endorsed by a
International Clinical Program Phase III, which includes the realization of nine essays
With more than 10,300 patients.In it, the efficacy and safety of
Canagliflozine in the management of a broad spectrum of patients with type 2 diabetes,
both in monotherapy to improve glucose control, and in combination
with metformin, and with other agents that decrease glucose, including the
insulin.
Likewise, three of the studies have compared Canagliflozina in front of the
current standard treatments;Two of them compared Canagliflozina versus
Sitagliptin and the other compared to glymepirid.The program also included
three clinical trials with special population groups with type 2 diabetes: elders,
Patients with moderate renal failure, and patients with high risk
cardiovascular.
"The authorization recommendation by the CHMP represents an important
milestone in the permanent commitment of Johnson & Johnson with the study and
Diabetes treatment.The CHMP recommendation represents one more step in
our goal of making new adult patients with new options
Type 2 diabetes treatment, "said Janssen's president for
Europe, Middle East and Africa, Jane Griffiths.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
12/20/2013 12:56 a.m.

The price (in the USA) is prohibitive as long as social security is not paid, nothing less than € 290 for 30 pills of 100 mg.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
12/29/2013 6:52 a.m.

A component similar to Canagliflozine is dapagliflozine that is already on sale in Spain under the commercial name of Forxiga at a price of € 53 for 30 tablets of 10 mg.It should not be used by DMT1.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
02/03/2014 2 p.m.

Hello, I am new in the forum, in the diabetes no, I've been 7 years.I have controlled it well.At first, for 3 months I was injecting Novomix 30, I debut for a corticosteroid treatment, with a basal of 480, at three months I left until melformin.Lately I have uncontrolled and I have reached 9.3 of hemoglobin, although I am going down and I am already 8.1, I take efficibib and now they have prescribed me forxiga, I have been taking it 12 days, it is amazing, the sugar basements have come down from 180 to 180 to 180 to120, but I notice something that does not come in the side effects, they give me extrasistles, my sinus rhythm is correct but every 30 or 40 pulsations I fail one with the consequent drowning.My cardiologist tells me that it is normal for everyone to suffer, some more and others less, and that I will now be somewhat more stressed and I notice more.Tell you that I suffer from Flutter and they will make me a ablation, although this is another war.My question to someone who is taking Forxiga is whether these extrasistols give him.The medicine works really well.Greetings

Vicen's profile photo
Vicen
02/14/2014 5:14 p.m.

Hello everyone and forgiveness for the billet that I am going to release you.

I am also new in the forum and almost new in type II diabetes, or at least in my own flesh, because I know her closely, since almost my whole paternal family has suffered it.In November 2015 with 47 years recently, I uncovered a basal of 376 in the company's annual medical examination, in the never of 110.

In the first glycosylated test I got 11.6% that in just over three months I reduced 5.8% based on metformin , diet and less than an hour of medium -degree exercise: walk very quickly orGo by bicycle at a good pace.I couldn't run because I was a bit fat and I have chondromalacia on both knees.Little by little I have been losing weight and putting myself more in shape.In less than two years I have lost 22 kg. Every day almost without exception I do sports at a fairly strong pace (between 150 and 170 pulsations), or about 50-60 minutes of bicycle or running about 30-40 minutes.The weekend I even bend or triple the exercise time to be able to take some cane or eat a paella in conditions.

However, despite continuing with the same diet, and that they added me sitagliptin to the metformin (efficib), the glycosilada has been gradually rising since 5.8% in March 2016 to 7.6% last February 2017, which without being exaggerated worried me about the bad trend, because the more I had worse I was.On the same day I could have 80 and 230, especially in the morning, I rarely came out the basal below 200. And if for a couple of days I could not exercise for any cause, then it reached levels above 330, and that happening a canine hunger.

Recently I have added canagliflozine (invokana) toRecord a basal above 130 and during the day I have not passed from 150, in fact most of the time I am below 110. And that without sharpening the diet at all, I even allowed unthinkable luxuries agoLittle, how to breakfast an occasionally.

The treatment of invokana costs me about € 55 per month because they have prescribed it in the private insurance of the company, since it has been more than 7 months ago that I do not quote with my endocrine of social security that I have only seen in twooccasions.It seems that with the cuts there is not enough personnel to replace the casualties.Luckily my family doctor has told me that it will make me a provisional recipe as long as I can't quote with my endocrine.

The canagliflozine
type 2

I guess each diabetic is a world and does not have to serve everyone but the results seem to be quite promising.I have read some reports such as Positioning report of Canagliflozine of the Spanish Ministry of Health And although I am not a doctor, I am mathematician and I would say that there is more than enough statistical evidence to believe that it can work better than other medications or significantly enhance the combinations of drugs most used today.

Greetings

vdebuen's profile photo
vdebuen
04/17/2017 12:03 p.m.

(1968) Tipo LADA desde 2014

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.