3 -year -old child father with type 1 diabetes

renoca's profile photo   04/30/2014 6:15 a.m.

Hello,
Nice to introduce myself to everyone in this forum.
My 3 -year -old son had debuted as a diabetic type 1. We are still getting used to all the changes that have suddenly come.
Honestly, things are going quite well and we manage to have glycemia levels control most of the time.But I can't stop thinking that this happens only because it takes a short time with the disease and that things will change to worse ... Is it normal for everything to be easier?

renoca's profile photo
renoca
04/30/2014 6:15 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

The honeymoon, they call it in some places ... the organ is still working and the help of insulin makes the rest.
At the moment it is small and with the parents it will be well controlled.The only thing to go little by little explaining well for your own autonomy as it grows, because sooner or later being in school or any other site (far from you) you can give it a slot and you have to know how to explain what happens orcontrol the situation himself.

Surely you make it great and the boy is doing very well.And a lot of encouragement, that when I have an age to have a girlfriend, this will be a lot, but that much better !!!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/30/2014 6:43 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Hi @renoca, welcome to the forum, I hope we can help.

I recommend that you read the subject of parents, it is long, but it will give you many answers to the questions you ask yourself, and the ones you will do!

Here is the link: Link

fer's profile photo
fer
04/30/2014 6:52 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

He supposed to be for the "honeymoon" period.The truth is that I am optimistic at the moment, removing the "sorrow" that gives me to be so small ...
I will pass through the Parent Forum to get all the possible information.

Many thanks to both of you for your answers.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
04/30/2014 11:14 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.