Hello everyone, I'm new

leo's profile photo   12/13/2010 5:37 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am new in this, I am not the one with diabetes, it is my partner who suffers it, but I have so many doubts that when you find your forum, it records me.It was diagnosed almost a month ago, it is of type I, we do not know much about all this, so I think it will be useful to ask you, the other day it was a descent to 45, an envelope of sugar was taken and aLittle up to 71, my question is what value a hiccup is real.
Another doubt is about the foods I can take, having for my profession I understand a little food labeling and that, but according to I have understood we should avoid fructose and polialcoles, is it true?
Thank you all and greetings.
PD: I just remembered that last night I wanted to try to prick the slow arm but of course I could not take the pinch and help him, but there is some way that he does it alone, so he does not have to depend on me.

leo's profile photo
leo
12/13/2010 5:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Leo, welcome to the club.

It is normal that at first all are doubts.You have to take the peace of diabetes.Then everything is easier.
My advice is that you enter the forum a lot and that you raise all the doubts you have, for silly that they may seem.Here we are here to help, and we have all gone through the phase in which you are now.

On hypoglycemia (like almost everything in diabetes) there is no excata figure that marks the danger threshold.Any hypoglycemia is potentially dangerous and, sometimes, it is more dangerous to be 55 several hours than 30 a few minutes.The case is to detect them and correct them quickly.He did well to take the sugar, but after that, it is convenient to "set" blood glucose with some slow hydrate, like a pair of Maria cookies, or a piece of bread.

As for what foods can be taken, you must banish the idea of ​​"prohibited" food.The type 1 diabetic is not prohibited from any concrete food.Of course, you have to learn to handle carbohydrates to know how and to what extent each thing.
If there are recommended foods and foods that must be taken only sometimes.Thus, it is not good to abuse sweets, fat -rich foods, etc.And, above all, I run away from the precooked and supposedly "suitable for diabetic" foods, which are nothing more than a way of doing business deceiving staff.

Of course, and except hypoglycemia, it is preferable.It is worth a good nougat trocoto than a piece of nougat "without sugar"

Finally, it helps a lot to handle the diet for rations of hydrates.It is the way of eating everything, calculating insulin depending on the rations of hydrates to be taken.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/13/2010 7:12 a.m.

Welcome to the Leo forum !!

I hope you find all the support and good advice on what you need!;-)

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/13/2010 9:09 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Welcome.

The lantus will be better to click on a buttock.But if you want to put an injection into the arm alone, you can do it with the help of any door, furniture, etc ... you support your arm against the object in question (in a corner) so that you form the pinch.And voila ...

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
12/13/2010 10:32 a.m.

I add to what Nacho said that if you use small needles, you don't need to take pinches.

DiabetesForo
12/13/2010 12:38 p.m.

I have just emerged a doubt, if at any time it gets sick, say with diarrhea or vomiting of these that you do not retain anything you eat, you have to prick the insulin equally?
All the best

leo's profile photo
leo
12/13/2010 2:06 p.m.

Insulin has to be punctured, so as not to enter cetosis, although, as the case may be, you can lower any unit.
And it is important to maintain good hydration, ingesting fluids and fats without fat (juices, normal cocacola with sugar, etc.)

DiabetesForo
12/13/2010 2:45 p.m.

Being type 1 diabetic I imagine that it will be with two insulins, a slow or prolonged action insulin (lantus or perhaps Levemir) and an ultra-opide or immediate action (Apidra or Novorapid or Humalog).

Slow insulin or prolonged action (lantus or levemir) has to always be put on, that insulin is to cover only the basal, in principle because it is only with the slow or prolonged action should not suffer hypoglycemia PQ also whenShe is sick to be a little taller.

The ultra-opted or prolonged action insulin (Apidra or Novorapid or Humalog) is used only in the intakes, if you do not eat it is not necessary that you get this one and if you eat less you can put less of this.

The lantus (or the levemir) is better to prick it in areas where it is slowly absorbed, it is better to prick it in the legs or in the ass, however the rapids it is better to prick them in the belly or in the arms PQ are areas where it is absolute faster.

DiabetesForo
12/13/2010 2:48 p.m.

Hello Leo, welcome to the sweetest group of the network!: Being diabetic is not so bad and we are lucky because we have insulin and glucometers to be able to live healthy despite the disease.What contradiction, but it is.As soon as your boyfriend finds out how his body reacts with the treatment of insulin and the food that he ingests gradually by becoming familiar with all the novelties, he will go with the situation and adapt the insulin to him and not vice versa.This has happened to me and now after 6 years of type 1 diabetics, no food weights.I try to eat natural and not processed foods or as little as possible, exercise, drink enough water and a regular schedule.
The hyposuidad that must be avoided, but as Alea says there is no worst figure, the worst thing is to have up and down and spend a lot of or low so as soon as we correct better.I have felt much more with 55 and not so bad once with 29. Keeping between 70 and 140 is ideal.
I loved Nacho's pinching.I prefer to inject myself in the back and in the abdomen, I have never tried in my arms and on my thighs they get bruises, but it is very true that with 6mm needles it is much better, although it is difficult for them to have them in my health centerfrom Madrid and normally provide me with 8mm.
Participating in this forum helps me a lot, what I regret is to have done it so late because I recently found it.You are lucky to have found him at the beginning.Courage and luck.
Greetings, amazed.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
12/14/2010 2:10 a.m.

Welcome to the forum, Leo !!!
Little to; Adir to what they have told you.Ahroa Est'ais starting, everything is novel and it is a complicated something, but you will immediately be familiar with the subject and see that leading a good life is not as difficult as it seems ...

Ahh, comment that I am glad that you are involved with your partner's diabetes, my husband Tabi'en is and although it is totally autheomome, I try to be close to this ...

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/14/2010 4:42 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello Leo!

Welcome to both.There is not much to add to what the companions have commented, although I highlight the issue that depending on the type of needles, it is not necessary to take pinch, which greatly facilitates the injection in certain places.

Ask what you want, we are all here.

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/17/2010 2:29 p.m.

In any case, welcome to the forum, I hope you feel at home and find the necessary support.;)

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/21/2010 2:33 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.