Trip out of Spain

lara7171995's profile photo   05/06/2014 10:38 a.m.

Hello, very good, my name is Lara and I have been with diabetes melitus for 10 years but never left out of Spain or mounted wn plane and I would like to know if some specific measures are needed for it.I hope you can solve my doubts.All the best

lara7171995's profile photo
lara7171995
05/06/2014 10:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I forget to add that I have the insulin pump

lara7171995
05/06/2014 10:45 a.m.

Lara I had a continuous monitor and in the airports they have never stopped me but if the monitor's house gave me a letter saying that it was a medíco apparatus, that I had to travel with me and that I did not interfere with anything from the avíon, which worked for infrared andThat I should not be disconnected, I suppose that the house of your bomb will rend
MCG and sensors, feathers or vials of insulin, needles and syringes, glucometer, glycometer strips, puncture and lancets and if at that time I am taking other things too., Sugwered juice or drink, sugar and solid food.
In Spanish and in English.
As I had a very modern doctor, he sent me to write it with everything he neededIt has in my story when I see that it is already very passed by date again and that's it.
I already tell you that they have never asked me but it is fine to take it by case.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/06/2014 11:52 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

It is worth thank you very much for the information.Another doubt is that if insulin needles etc.I have to take it in a transparent bag, scheme and hear some of that but it is not sure.

lara7171995
05/06/2014 1:52 p.m.

Nothing to add to the gala response.
To, what you need for the DB, you have to carry it in the hand luggage or in the bolus or backpack, as you would normally.
Have a good trip!

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
05/06/2014 8:25 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I take everything in the case that I always carry with bolis, needles, glucometer and strips.If it is a long journey that you need to take more bolis, strips or needles, I carry it in the original containers except the bolis that I have a mini neverite with a block of mini ice and there it goes.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/06/2014 9:13 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hi @Lara7171995,

In addition to what @Gala e @Intrusa have told you, the problem of traveling with diabetes has been treated widely in the forum, here I recommend a few issues that expand with recommendations and suggestions.

Tips for traveling with diabetes - Experiences with diabetes
Traveling with diabetes is also, it is only necessary to plan the trip taking into account some particularities and follow some recommendations ...
Link
Travel in Avion and well far - Experiences with Diabetes
Hello everyone, I just registered in this forum and scheme within a month I will make a trip to Punta Cana and it is the first time I travel since I have ...
Link
Travel to the US - Diabetes
Good morning, I am an insulinopente diabetic, currently treated with insulin pump.In June I will travel to New York and the truth is a bit lid with him ...
Link
Trip to China - Diabetes
I intend to release all the two days before traveling.Subsequently and while the trip lasts I want to alternate the use of the ...
Link
Trip to America - Experiences with Diabetes
Until recently I was afraid of traveling but one day I decided and I already know some ... in June I will travel to New York and I am really a little thrown with him.
Link
Insulin on the plane - Diabetes questions • Diabetes forum
In August I will go on a trip (Italy) 15 days and he will be several bolis of each insulin ... for my work I usually travel a lot, both nationally and ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
05/07/2014 7:29 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.