Remove the catheter

Ilipa's profile photo   12/17/2010 7:08 a.m.

Hello good
They say that who makes a question seems dumb 5 minutes, but he who does not do it, remains silly his life, so, I will risk:
I have put my first catheter 2 days ago, although I am not yet a bomb user (I will be in January, if everything goes well).In the day hospital, to take the calm to the matter, I placed the first catheter, as I have already said.There are a lot of information everywhere on how to put it but I have not found anything how to remove it.I explain: it is so well stuck that it seems that the dressing is tattooed.How do you make your take off?Do you moisten it with alcohol or what?
Thank you so much.
Greetings.

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
12/17/2010 7:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello: with alcohol is a holy hand, soak it well and with a gasita you are taking off the glue that is left while throwing, try it and tell me how it has gone, ok?

xiquillo71's profile photo
xiquillo71
12/17/2010 8:04 a.m.

Muuuuuuucho thanks!I don't have to take it until tomorrow but I had to find out, you can't wait for the last moment.Tomorrow I write to you and tell you.
It is curious that in countless places it comes how to put it but I have not found anywhere how to remove it ...:?
Thanks again for your help.

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
12/17/2010 8:11 a.m.

Well, it normally does not give problems to remove it, I get very catchy but on the third or fourth day that I change it, it takes off without problems: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/17/2010 10:19 a.m.

<BLOCKQUOTE PRADO "" = "" REL = ""

Thank you.It reassures me to know that, either with alcohol or after 3 days, it is well removed.It is that as of the 2nd day I am seeing mine so catchy that it has given me a bit of "claustrophobia.":?
Thank you all for the answer.:)
Greetings.

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
12/17/2010 1:02 p.m.

Hello!

The catheter glue is taken to the skin well caught :)).In my case, I take it away, I take a shower and then I give it with gauze and alcohol.Normally the next day I have to repeat the operation and give it a bit of alcohol, because the groove is still seen.

: D

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/17/2010 2:22 p.m.

Good morning, Xiquillo71 and everyone.Indeed, with alcohol it comes out very much, very easily.I have removed the cannula this morning.This was of proof.I put it in the Diabetes Day Hospital to "meet her" and in January I will start "really."
Surely I go back here with more doubts :?: From that day.

Thanks to all those who responded.: D

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
12/18/2010 3:47 a.m.

Hello!

The catheter glue is taken to the skin well caught :)).In my case, I take it away, I take a shower and then I give it with gauze and alcohol.Normally the next day I have to repeat the operation and give it a bit of alcohol, because the groove is still seen.

: D

Greetings,

Yes, they are still remains of glue and, when the cotton passed with alcohol, I have been part of it stuck.:)) It seems that white hairs have come out in my belly.I will insist with more alcohol and leave sure.

I have also read out there that there is a kind of "crater" when removing the cannula.In my case nothing at all, but of course, because I have not been injecting insulin through the cannula.I have simply had it on trial.;)

Thank you.

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
12/18/2010 4:03 a.m.

Yes, a small crater comes out, but the next day he leaves :)

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/18/2010 9:02 a.m.

Well, a tiny doubt just emerged:
Vereis, on January 4, I had an appointment with my educator, who is teaching me the whole issue of bombI did alone: ​​p). Well, until the 11th I don't have the next appoint-3 days ... what do I do?I leave it to the next appointment ??? The reservoir has not yet exhausted ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/07/2011 4:10 a.m.

Hi Kekiya,

The next appointment is 11?And are you wearing the catheter from day 4?There are many days, more than a week.The change of catheter is made, among other things, to avoid infections.Have you not given cateter replacement for these days?Nor instructions?Well, go.If I were in your place I would take it away, but of course, it is a personal decision.

Greetings and sorry I can't help you anymore,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
01/08/2011 7:26 a.m.

Well, I don't know if I change it, or wait for the 11th .... Wow, it is that the nurse has not told me anything ... for now I do not pike me or anything, but I know ... also, I am not sure to know how to change it 100%... and of course, between the parties, the weekend and everything, there has been no time to call it to ask ... so I do, I don't know whatdo...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/09/2011 6:02 a.m.

To remove the glue remains there is nothing better than a little oil, I use the rose of mosqueta, but it does not matter what you have of almonds, aloe vera, you have a little bit on a cotton or gas disc and the glueIt will leave alone.

a hug

DiabetesForo
01/12/2011 3:30 p.m.

Thanks Lena!

Well, I will take advantage of the sales to buy a little bottle, because I leave the red skin so much scratch with alcohol :))

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
01/12/2011 3:38 p.m.

Well, if you are going to buy it, take advantage and take the rose of Mosqueta that is also healing.I always give the little one in the fingers and in the areas of the brands left by the catheters.
When you take off the catheter the oil do not throw it in the marquite that leaves you the cannula, only where the glue, then after a few hours you can throw it into the marquite.
You will see how well the oil is going for glue without any effort and without the skin getting red.

DiabetesForo
01/12/2011 4:30 p.m.

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
01/12/2011 5:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.