New Android app

dsg68818's profile photo   05/13/2014 5:37 p.m.

Hola a todos.

Me presento. Soy David Schleicher y soy diabético desde hace 13 años.

Hemos desarrollado una app de Android para diabéticos para calcular la cantidad de insulina óptima en función de la glucosa, etc. Hasta donde hemos visto es la más completa y fácil de usar de las que hay en el Play Store. La idea surgió desde que el año pasado la Seguridad Social  retiró la subvención de varios modelos de glucómetros, entre los que se encontraba uno muy avanzado que tenía alguna de estas funcionalidades y que a muchos les ayudó a mejorar sus controles de glucosa, consiguiendo más flexibilidad de horarios, comidas, etc. Tenemos una versión grátis y pronto sacaremos una sin publicidad.
Evidentemente yo la uso a diario y creo que es realmente útil.

Link

dsg68818's profile photo
dsg68818
05/13/2014 5:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Can you comment a bit how it works?

I do not catch the ways of counting the rations, or why by clicking the exercise box, the bolus increases.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/13/2014 6:34 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Hi Daniel,

First, thanks for downloading the application.

First of all tell you that the first thing you have to do is configure the parameters of your diabetes.That is, introduce the objective values ​​of blood glucose, insulin sensitivity and carbohydrate relationship for the schedules you need.That is in recommendation options.You also have to include delay and insulin action times.If you don't know them, it is best to ask your doctor.
Events (exercise, disease, etc.) are also configured.They can be positive or negative depending on the meaning that is given (more than usual or less has been exercised).
For the rations, you can put them directly in rations (ke (default)) or other units (grams, cc, etc.).This is configured in general options.
You also have the option to configure 3 rapid menus that directly introduce a car car.predefined (is configured in menus options).
Finally, the most interesting thing is that you can introduce Carbs.From menus with already predefined dishes (with photos, etc.).

Tell me if I cleared you or any other questions, ok?

All the best

dsg68818's profile photo
dsg68818
05/14/2014 6:19 a.m.

One thing I don't know how to do, or I have done it wrong, it is when you are going to enter new data (next food, for example).When putting the glucose on the one hand, and the rations on the other, it gives you the recommendation with the parameters that you have preferred.But also calculate it with the insulin remnant that is supposed to still have.Thus, he tells you that the dose of insulin you have to wear is actually less than what he should.The insulin recommendation can be modified, however.

The active correction bolus is still there as if it did not go down with the hours (surely I have made an error when entering the data).Is there a way to lower it to 0 again?To restart the calculation, so to speak.

Thanks for the help!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/14/2014 7:38 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Hi Daniel,

By default, the action time is set at 4 hours and the delay at 1 hour.This means that until an hour has passed from the last bolus, the active insulin value will not lower.If you have modified it, make sure that the delay value is not greater than the action (the total).

On the other hand, to restart the active insulin value, for the moment the only way of doing so is entering my data and erasing all the data.

What values ​​of delay time and active insulin have you introduced?

All the best

dsg68818's profile photo
dsg68818
05/14/2014 11:34 a.m.

Ok, ok, I understand.Thank you so much.

The application is cool !!!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/14/2014 12:30 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Very good application I have a machine the active acu-chek expert.They gave it to me a month ago and I have to say that I control it much better.The application is perfect does the same as the machine and the good thing is that you have the menus. Perfect and congratulations on the application

vcmo's profile photo
vcmo
05/14/2014 8:32 p.m.

Thank you so much.We continue to improve it

dsg68818's profile photo
dsg68818
05/17/2014 11:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.