Glucagon

leo's profile photo   12/22/2010 6:37 a.m.

Hello, looking for the forum I see that you all talk about you to have glucagon at home, they have not given us glucagon, they have not even mentioned it, nor the strips of to measure ketones, we have to buy it or Q?
All the best.

leo's profile photo
leo
12/22/2010 6:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ask your glucagon recipe to your GP, the strips to measure ketone in blood only give them to those who take bomb but ask who gives you the glucose strips.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/22/2010 6:45 a.m.

Thank you, the glucose strips are recipe for the header doctor and we bought them in the pharmacy do not give them to us, then what do I ask in the pharmacy?

leo's profile photo
leo
12/22/2010 6:50 a.m.

Ask your GP.

DiabetesForo
12/22/2010 6:52 a.m.

That the head doctor of a glucagon recipe, you go to the pharmacy ... pay and give it: d just like recipes or any other medication

DiabetesForo
12/22/2010 12:56 p.m.

Everything is given to me the nurse of the endocrine ..., every 2 months I have a visit with the educator and she is the one that gives me the glucagon, the strips ....
The nurse of my Cabacera doctor is the one who gives me the insulin recipes that is the only thing I pay ..., everything else gives me free.

lore_bcn's profile photo
lore_bcn
12/31/2010 5:37 a.m.

We already have glucagon at home, but now another doubt arises, you always carry it on? That is, we move a lot for work and such, so whenever we travel or leave home we have to take it?But when needing refrigeration as we do?
Thank you.

leo's profile photo
leo
01/12/2011 8:44 a.m.

The glucagon endures at room temperature for a long time, look at it in the prospect.I take him when I go on vacation or far from my house to visit a friend, familiar, ... nothing has never happened to me, but just in case, better prevent :).You have to review the expiration date.When they are expired before taking them to the health center to throw my boyfriend to put it, and thus practice something happens to me.

Greetings!

PS: I do not use bomb and me if they give me strips for ketones, they are given by the nurse of my health center.

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
01/12/2011 1:34 p.m.

Hello everyone, the glucagon always takes it on top because as an out of home and always this in class that if I go to run, all day here for and I always carry it in my bag, I never put it inThe refrigerator because surely I always forget to take it to do it or something?Is it essential that this rescue?

DiabetesForo
01/12/2011 4:37 p.m.

I have two, one at home and one at work, both in their corresponding fridge.

When I go on a trip of more than one day, he comes with me, in a small Neverite in the car.Anyway, my wife, my family, friends, and co -workers know the homemade recipe that replaces the glucagon.It was told by a friend who is type 3 diabetic (his son is since he was 10 years old).

In case of loss of knowledge, and in the absence of glucagon, with a straw and a cocacola (or other sugary drink) the problem is solved.It is not very pleasant, but rectal with the straw, the drink can be supplied to the fainting.

My coworkers tell me ... take care of yourself, how you pass out and the syringe does not work, you die here ..... hehehehe

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/13/2011 2:39 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.