The analysis

Consu's profile photo   12/25/2010 1:11 p.m.

First I wish you happy holidays and new year, almost ..
I would like to know if it is necessary to do analysis every three months, or if with two a year it is enough.How many time do you do them?Greetings.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
12/25/2010 1:11 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Happy 2011

It seems to me that the minimum is 3 annual complete analytics ... both for type 1 and type 2.
But apart from the analytics there are many other things to study.

for type 1 , a control is recommended every 3 months that includes:
(1) Weight evaluation, size (until the end of the process), blood pressure and insulin administration sites.
(2) Review of hair glycemia records.
(3) Glycosylated hemoglobin control A1C in total blood or capillary blood.
(4) Registration of acute decompensations: hyper and hypoglycemia.

Annual control that includes:
(1) what was collected in the quarterly control.
(2) Complete neurological and vascular exploration including peripheral vascular system doppler, pressure and echocardiography holter if there is arterial hypertension.
(3) Non -midriatic retinography or evaluation by the retina unit.
(4) Analytical control that includes: HBA1C, Lipidic perficion, hepatic perficious, TSH, antithyroid antibodies, microalbuminuria-creatinuria quotient and creatinine clearance.The determination of antitransglutaminase and gastric parietal antibodies is recommended before the suspicion of pernicious celiac or anemia respectively.
(5) Evaluation of losses in knowledge about diabetes and educational reinforcement.

for type 2 is recommended:
Quarterly:
Blood pressure, weight and BMI.Strengthen health education measures, value therapeutic compliance (pharmacological and non -pharmacological), detection of possible adverse effects of drugs.
Semiannually:
Basal glycemia and HBA1C (in patients with unstable DM, or bad control will be quarterly), total cholesterol, HDL-C, LDL-C, microalbuminuria /creatinine, assess compliance with sopatives

This is what medical societies recommend (taken from Link ... 0

In my opinion, as is the patio of type 2 diabetes, attention to this group of patients is very deficient ... if we have type 1 we already have difficulty reaching minimum specialized care ... Let's thinkhow most of the patients are currently treated with type 2 diabetes.
Is that there should hardly be differentiation between the revisions of patients with type 1 and type 2 .:-/:?

The same is a bit roll what I have put, but I think that many can be used to know what their doctor has to program them.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/25/2010 1:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks Owash.I have had problems with the visit of the header.
The endocrine sent me the analysis, but his visit is for more than three months, (February 2), and the analysis was an average month before.I had no choice but to go to the header, (he had the computer analysis), to tell me how I am, and he told me that he has not sent me the analysis, that he should go to the endocrine, etc.After almost two years, with the header, (treating and advising me) now I came with those? I deduced that I wanted to take off.The visit with him was little cordial.I changed my header.That's why I asked, since I would like to go less doctors.There are doctors, who should not be, they lack humanity and understanding.
Happy parties, and thanks.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
12/25/2010 2:27 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Hi Consu,

I left at 18 with a hemo of 5.5 from the Children's Hospital.

I went to the adult hospital and I had the one that according to the doctors was "the best endocrine in the hospital" and I assure you that I have not seen a more incompetent doctor than this.When I raised problems, I did not know how to give solutions to certain circumstances (for example, I made the Camino de Santiago and posed a series of doubts that in the end I had to solve alone), all the treatment changes I have had has beenBecause I have raised them (moving from the mixtard to the lantus-novorapid and the lantus to the insulin pump), I had never sent me with the educator, I did not look at my controls and lately I did an annual control.My hemo rose to 7.5 with a lot of hypos.

When I use a bomb, I have changed the endo and now I am delighted.Visits every 3 months.Complete review: analytical, controls, view, assessment of sensitivity in feet ... responses to doubts.Extra visits for the pump.Follow -up with educator.

A good endocrine is essential.It gives me a lot of stick to go to the endo every 3 months, but I prefer a thousand times that to the doctor I had absolutely everything.

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/26/2010 2:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

OLA OLGUILLA!
Unlike other patients, we do not seek to cure ourselves, but to keep our best.But some doctors seem to pass a little from us.My endocrine is acceptable, but as I have said the visits are every 5 or 6 months, also the educator, it is surely because they are saturated, of course, we are more and more.The refission is annual, yes.Yes, it is true that we have to Spanish, and solve our doubts.Luckily we have this forum, which in addition to helping us encourages us.Now I have to solve the analysis with the endocrine, so that they agree with your visit, we will see!:-/
I'm glad you're well, you have a great hem, as you see below, I'm very high, yet.

Thanks, greetings and happy parties

Consu's profile photo
Consu
12/26/2010 3:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.