+15 Curiosities about diabetes

DulcesDiabeticos's profile photo   05/19/2014 3:05 p.m.

Hello everyone!Today I bring you more than 15 curiosities about diabetes (ok, they are 16: p), surely there is more than one that you did not know :)

Did you know that ...

... 371 million people in the world have diabetes?That is, 5 % of the human population,

... 5 million people in Spain suffer from diabetes?This is 10% of the Spanish population,

… Diabetes represents 8’2 % of spending on Spanish health?

... the country with more diabetics is China?

... the Greeks discovered diabetes?

... 1 in 2 people who have diabetes do not know?

… "Diabetes" in ancient Greek means "siphon"?I know you will not see the siphon bottle the same ...

… In the ancient age, diabetes was detected from urine?Do not ask me how they did, I do not recommend that you know it.

... World Diabetes Day is celebrated on November 14?

... Every second two people develop diabetes?

… The first people to isolate the insulin hormone were the scientist Frederik Grant along with Charles Bent more than 100 years ago?

… The Mediterranean diet helps control diabetes?At least we can say that we have something good in Spain;)

… The full name of diabetes is diabetes mellitus?

… Mellitus in Latin means honey?It may be related to the issue of the sweetness of urine ...

... A glass of wine a day regulates diabetes?So you know, the bread and wine came (I think this saying is not used like this ...)

… Cesarean section raises the risk of child diabetes?

Extracted from here: Link

I hope you liked it!:)

DulcesDiabeticos's profile photo
DulcesDiabeticos
05/19/2014 3:05 p.m.

Soy Noelia, y tengo un blog de recetas de postres, dulces e información para diabéticos. ¡También en las redes sociales! :)
http://dulcesdiabeticos.com/

How good information greetings from Monterrey Mexico

pancho861's profile photo
pancho861
05/19/2014 8:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.