how and when the pump ???

lore_bcn's profile photo   12/29/2010 5:13 a.m.

Hello!
E Estofo reading everything you say of the insulin bomb and apart my mother has an acquaintance who carries her and says that life has changed a lot.
I carry everything related to the disease very badly but what I wear are the punctures.
I wanted to ask you if you have to take a certain time with diabetes so that they can put the bomb and if you have to ask you or recommend your endocrine ..., I don't know ..., many doubts with this disease!
I am from Sabadell (Barcelona) and I wanted to know if someone is here and they have it.They take me at the Taulí hospital.

lore_bcn's profile photo
lore_bcn
12/29/2010 5:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is your endocrine who has to recommend it.To be a candidate you just have to want to put it and dominate the count of hydrates very well as well as have a lot of knowledge of your diabetes.With that phobia so accused of the needles you are a fixed candidate so eat your endocrine on the next visit.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/29/2010 7:24 a.m.

I agree with what Prado says but I add that it is not so easy to put insulin bomb.

It is not just wanting to put it there are enough things in the middle, no matter how much the patient wants to put the last word, the endocrine is and although reading the people of this forum it may seem that putting an insulin pump is easy it is not.

Be it for an economic issue (which is normally the most important factor even if the endocrine want to hide by releasing tinteries of the stick "is for people who lead a very sedentary life" "carrying an insulin bomb implies being very responsible and I do not think you are aResponsible person ... "and similar nonsense) is for a theme of diabetological education (train a patient who is going to take a pump takes longer than a patient who is with PQ injections, everything must be taught like the one with injectionsAnd also you have to teach the specific things of insulin bombs) it is not so easy to put an insulin bomb.

There are also groups of people who believe that they have a clear preference such as children, adolescents and pregnant women where these groups have hormone levels that make diabetes control very difficult (independently of the treatment prescribed).

Having a certain phobia of the needles does not make you a candidate, if you have to wear injections you put on, you will lose your phobia.

And for a lotPeople with injections.

Without having been with injections for a while, without knowing how to take a diet by portions, without knowing a little about your insulin sensitivity (how many doses per HC you need at breakfast/food/dinner) without mastering those two things is even counterproductivePut an insulin bomb.

I believe that the people who have a bomb should be a bit more realistic who know that it is not so easy to put on a bomb, I think you should not put "the candy in the mouth" to the people who then come the disappointments or not for notGet it or take a bad control even carrying a bomb.

DiabetesForo
12/29/2010 7:55 a.m.

I agree with TNT ... the insulin bomb costs a paston, and normally, they do not usually put them as so. First of everything, you have to take time with diabetes, know the disease quite well, and the first (inmy case) that they demanded, were good, very good controls, at least 7 or less.Know how to solve problems, and put a lot, a lot of interest. And above all, wantTo change their minds, well, as TNT says, they are devices that cost a lotInsert yourself with the "" will have a 24h pot .... "
The bomb is like everything, a device that can help you a lot in your glycemia, and give you freedom of schedules in terms of meals ... obviously, it is not a miracle pot or this does it alone, only if you are constant and do things right, everything will improve

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
12/29/2010 9:47 a.m.

Nobody says it is easy for them to put it in these times.The first thing is to find a medical team willing to do it and it is not so easy to find it for what I see.Unfortunately there is still a lot of endocrine little involved with new technologies especially due to ignorance :?.
I have had the immense luck of living in a small city where there is a small hospital but with an exceptional endocrinology team that fight daily with the bureaucracy because for them the first is the patient and not the money.That is why they have been pioneers in putting bombs and there are already many who benefit from it.
What I mean is that candidates to have a bomb we are all or should be, what does not seem normal is that some like Kekiya cost them so much and others cost us anything.Then we have to take care and demonstrate that we are responsible and give us accounts of the privilege that is to bring the most advanced treatment that exists today.

DiabetesForo
12/29/2010 10:31 a.m.

Hi Lore, I am from Barcelona and I have the bomb since July.

There is not much to add to everything they have told you.

In my case I requested the bomb and I had to pass the assessment of the medical committee, but met several requirements: years with diabetes, a more or less stable control although with accused morning accused hypos and desire to get pregnant.

I suppose it depends on the hospital or the endocrine.Try to raise it to see what he tells you.

If you want us to talk more in person, send me a private.

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/29/2010 11:15 a.m.

coincide with tnt .... the insulin bomb costs a paston, and normally, they do not usually put them as so. First of everything, you have to take time with the time with theDiabetes, knowing the disease quite well, and the first (in my case) that they demanded, were good, very good controls, at least 7 or less. I do not value a 7.1 ... then, the carbohydrate counting, carrying itVery well, knowing the insulin sensitivity factor, and knowing how to solve problems, and put a lot, a lot interesting, and above all, wanting to learn, and be very convinced that you want to carry it, with all that it entails. If you seeThe minor glimpse of doubt, will try to put "fear", so that you change their minds, well, as TNT says, they are devices that cost a lot. They will tell you bullshit like "Look that you will be able to insert yourself with the canula" "you will have a 24h pot ...."
The bomb is like everything, a device that can help you a lot in your glycemia, and give you freedom of schedules in terms of meals ... obviously, it is not a miracle pot or this does it alone, only if you are constant and do things right, all
will improve

I have never told me things of that guy to get fear or take away my pump's desire.I mean the needles, having to carry it 24 h and other examples that you put.It will depend on the professionalism of the health that attends you, I say.

I do completely agree that diabetic education (hydrates, sensitivity factor, ratio, portions, etc.) is essential and fundamental.In short, you have to be prepared in the broadest sense of the word.There are those who are made a world when they are connected to that cable that ends in "La Maquinita".But everything is a matter of weighing pros and cons and getting to see what the first win because the quality of life, even despite so many controls and so many mijitas that must be taken into account, improves considerably.
I still do not have it connected, but I suppose it will be like learning to drive: at the beginning you review all movements (clutch, march, etc) and in the end, with practice, you end up doing it "without realizing it."

I also share your idea that it is not easy for you to recommend for its implant.In my case, I have had many incidents since my diagnosis, many hypoglycemia that led me to unconsciousness, a lotI wanted to get pregnant.This last circumstance confuses me a lot.That's saying "You, you don't" I don't know, I don't know ...

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
12/29/2010 5:33 p.m.

Oh Ilipa, hallucinaries with everything I have had to hear after 10 almost 11 years of illness.
When I debuted. Endo that started me in this, forbade meThe bomb, and they denied it, telling me that it was not the panacea, and that therefore and for having a high hemo, that Nanai.total, which a few years ago passed 3 hypos of loss of consciousness and even so offered it to me,They only changed me from Lantus to Levemir. Any first of this year, I did not know what carbohydrates were, nor did it sound out what the count was, either eating by rations, neither sensitivity factor nor milk.In some occasion, I havesaid that if I was going well to put the insulin to "Boleo", to even do it ... and so on a thousand more things. I disburse the counts and hydrates thanks to this forum, and I asked my nurse to teach me.My commitment, dedication and discoveries, is thanks to me, because for them, I am a simple number. And thanks to my initiative and desire to learn to do things well, my hem down to 6.7, which I think I have not achievedNever (which I remember right now), and thanks to my constancy and dedication, I have achieved the bomb. But come, go with what it cost me !!!!

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
12/30/2010 5:07 a.m.

Uy ilipa, hallucinaries with everything I have had to hear after 10 almost 11 years of illness.
When I debuted. Endo that started me in this, forbade meThe bomb, and they denied it, telling me that it was not the panacea, and that therefore and for having a high hemo, that Nanai.total, which a few years ago passed 3 hypos of loss of consciousness and even so offered it to me,They only changed me from Lantus to Levemir. Any first of this year, I did not know what carbohydrates were, nor did it sound out what the count was, either eating by rations, neither sensitivity factor nor milk.In some occasion, I havesaid that if I was going well to put the insulin to "Boleo", to even do it ... and so on a thousand more things. I disburse the counts and hydrates thanks to this forum, and I asked my nurse to teach me.My commitment, dedication and discoveries, is thanks to me, because for them, I am a simple number. And thanks to my initiative and desire to learn to do things well, my hem down to 6.7, which I think I have not achievedNever (which I remember right now), and thanks to my perseverance and dedication, I have achieved the bomb. But come on, go with what it cost me !!!!
>

Goaaaaaa, we have the same hemog and, if I'm not mistaken, I think they put both the bomb on January 11!
It is true that in this forum they are shared (in the broadest sense of the word) sooo things.

I believed that my previous endocrine was one, with an inept because I did not show the slightest interest in my diabetes.But, at least, his ineptitude manifested himself in a complete silence when I was in consultation and asked something.He limited me to weigh, measure myself and take the tension.I didn't say anything about how I could improve my health, which does not mean that he knows a lot about diabetes, but daughter, tell me something that shows that you understand diabetes: Evil: ...

Luckily he referred me to the hospital and there were / there are people interested in patients with diabetes who have taught me a lot, although I stayed even more to learn.And, Bieeeeeeeeeen, I have fought - I hope - of the previous endocrine.: P

Instead, your toilets talked more about the account and only to scare.Jooooooooooolín, for a little less of that he takes a depression and you don't see ... I feel that he has touched you.: |

When you put the bomb, will you continue with them?If so, couldn't you change others?

Anyway, looking for the sometimes hidden "positive side", we will soon have the pump and take advantage of it.

Kisses, beautiful.

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
12/30/2010 2:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.