How many rods can you spend average per day?

VICTORGR's profile photo   01/05/2011 3:34 a.m.

Well, that is my question, it turns out that as I have already said in other posts, I am super -controlled, but to the point that a month ago I went to the emergency room at night due to hypoglycemia and a week ago for a hyperglycemia of 587, a pass.Anyway, as you can see, I cannot afford 2 daily controls that is the maximum that I can spend up to day in rods because otherwise they do not visit them.So with the lack of control I have without more and a half rods and they still do not visit them because the corresponding 50 days have not passed.Thanks to the fact that I have another relative who is type 2 and has the same device and giving me rods because she does not have it so poorly controlled.Well that, how many rods do you have to spend on a day so that you will see you and not run out of rods?I want to load batteries for when I touch the endocrine on the 17th. Greetings.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/05/2011 3:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Victor:
It depends on the area where you live, here they give them to us in the health center and give us the strips that the endocrine sends.They give me 300 strips per month because I have a bomb and I do 6 daily controls.
When you go to the endocrine, eat it, with two controls a day it is impossible to control glucose: shock:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/05/2011 5:09 a.m.

I live in Granada.And if I am going to tell the endocrine, but while the appointment arrives and not .... it can happen.Go entrance to the year.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/05/2011 5:55 a.m.

If I am not mistaken I have already told you in other posts that one of the problems you have is that you are possibly badly diagnosed, if you are type 1 diabetic and you are with some treatment for type 2 diabetics (an insulin to cover theBasal plus some oral or similar antidiabetic) the control of diabetes will be bad or very bad (and at this time where who else who leaves the worst diet ...).

But focusing on the theme of the strips ... if you are diagnosed as type 2 (above being badly diagnosed) in terms of the strips you have crude pq if we are starting to have a bad time (some are starting usTo give few, very rationed) Type 2 spend it even worse because they are given less strips.

According to a document from the Spanish Diabetes Society on recommendations for the measurement of glycemia in diastical patients to type 2 regardless of treatment (non -pharmacological measures, drugs that do not cause hypoglycemia, drugs that can cause hypoglycemia)day (or 7 controls per week) that even if it is only a recommendation is already quite miserable ...
That same document for type 1 diabetics and a "stable" diabetes control recommends between 3 and 4 controls per day plus a complete profile one day of the week (6 or 7 controls on the same day) that even if it is only oneRecommendation is still quite miserable ... (I am of type 1 and I am beginning to have problems simply to be within that "recommendation").

But the thing does not end there ... to some extent that document are only recommendations ... In some autonomous communities such as Andalusia (you said you are from Granada) or Extremadura are rationing them more or less as if we were in times of war, almostAlmost as if we need ration cards.

The most bleeding case that I have learned is that in Extremadura they have created a computer program (an eye that the bad is not the computer program) that are beginning to implement (or is already implemented) in the primary care health centers in whichPatient data are requested (name, surname, age, type of diabetes, diabetes treatment ... etc) and according to that data the program says the number of controls that the patient must make and the number of strips he needs,I repeat the bad is not that there is a computer program for these issues if it is also programmed/calibrated, the bad is coming now ... a person with type 1 diabetes and bolo-base treatment arrives (something like lantus+apidra or levemir+novorapidor similar combination) and the program says that (eye to the data) 36 controls per month.
If there is any diabetic of Extremadura that reads this, maybe it can shed a little light into the matter and maybe the thing is not so wild, but if the matter is true, not the computer program if not the parameters with thewhich has been programmed).

Prado I'm very happy that you and other people who post in the forum have a bomb and it has been very easyGlycemia or cetonemias strips) but those situations unfortunateCase (300 strips a month) I am in an intermediate situation (I am giving me 150 strips a month, 3 boxes of 50 strips a month and putting me morros or making comments like I do many controls ...), I would love to be in your situationAt least in terms of strips but unfortunately it is not the case.

Victorgr you need to be diagnosed by everything (treatment and material), as long as you are still badly diagnosed, everything will go wrong.

DiabetesForo
01/05/2011 7:36 a.m.

Thanks for all the TNT information.Well, that I am not well controlled, I am also happening to me, when they change the treatment I am fine about 8 months and then no longer, it is as if it made me immune to the treatment, or this very clear.By the way, you use Lantus + Apidra, when do you click the Lantus and how many units?And what is it?fast or ultrarapid insulin?And when you put it on?Every time you eat?It is to inform you for when I go.I am collecting information, because whenever I go to the endocrine they serve me as if I were silly and that face remains.Phew!The only thing that tells me if you have it high, high dose of Lantus and if you have it low vice versa.Problem that during the day does not get off 200 then they tell me to raise it to me, if I upload it then they give me hypoglycemia at night.It is very rare with Lantus never gave me spikes and now it is the only thing that subsist.This is a roll.On top of that I am paying a private endocrine, which already has a crime that you pay they treat me the same, that of the private one was the one that prescribed me Velmetia, I was taking Lantus + meformina sandoz and I had spent the same thing, I had spent a time and no longerI did nothing, I was previously with Neoglicen + Lantus.The case that I think they have to stop pills and send me the ultrarapide because this is without living.Or that milk, the bomb, although as always they will tell me that it is not advisable for my case, that they are not going well for the people who have it and blah blah blah.And in the end the usual.I will tell you my appointment to see how it goes.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/05/2011 9:10 a.m.

The truth is that I feel privileged, seeing what is cooked by other places but I am very clear that if at any time I am rationing the material I will put a complaint, I will not stop, because it seems unfair to me that they try to saveof something that for us is essential, but you have to complain not here but by the legal routes.
Victor If you are not satisfied with your treatment and with the treatment you receive in your hospital put a complaint in writing, do not stand, your health is at stake: Evil:

DiabetesForo
01/05/2011 10:13 a.m.

All the treatments that you comment that you have had both in this thread and in others are typical treatments of type 2 diabets (a slow or prolonged insulin + some oral antidiabetic or combinations of oral antidiabetics).

They have been treating you like a type 2 diabetic and some of these things may be happening:

• - That the diagnosis of the type of diabetes is correct and you are type 2, then:

• Of those treatments that have been prescribed to you, they have not given you but have not found the right pattern (doses/schedules) that you are still doing you.

or

• Of the treatments that have been prescribed, you also need another treatment (and that treatment can only be based on PQ insulins over timeA type 1 diabetic).
  • - That the diagnosis of the type of diabetes is incorrect and you are type 1, then:

• The treatments that you say that you have had the only thing that has served you is the Lantus insulin but it is insufficient PQ would need an insulin of immediate action (also called ultra-rapid) for meals since oral antidiabetics (Sandoz metformin that isMetformin alone, Velmetia that is metformin with another oral antidiabetic ...) They are not useful for anything (no matter how much metformin can be prescribed to diabetics of all kinds).

• Type 1 diabetics have total insulin dependence from the first moment that they are diagnosed and the treatments of type 1 diabetes usually have at least two types of insulins.
  • It is also very important to be diagnosed because that leads you directly to a treatment that is as effective as possible to treat your diabetes and you for things you have written in this thread and in other threads of this forum you look at all the pint of being badly diagnosed.

For what you have commented in other threads, I debuted being under 30 years (even if it was for little with 28 or 29 years) and I think you are not obese, looking at the typical diabetic profiles you would directly enter the diabetic profile of type 1. SureThat if you told us anything else about your debut, some data would come out that would point even more than you are type 1 diabetic.
    But regardless of what someone tells you in a forum, you have also said that two endocrine doctors (supposed professionals of medicine and also expectitatives in diabetes) have told you contrary things: an endocrine has told you that you are of type 2 fixedAnd that another endocrine has told you exactly the opposite that you are of a fixed type 1.One of those two endocrine (if not both) deserves to die shot.Possibly one "only" is shitting in the diagnosis (he says that you are type 2 and with that he prescribes a treatment according to that diagnosis) but the other is screwing twice (PQ tells you that you are of type 1 and prescribes aTreatment for Type 2 with two COJ **** !!!).

You say that you have two endocrine, regardless of whether one is public and another private, I see a problem there, you cannot take the issue in two endocrine, especially if there is such a great discrepancy with the diagnosis.

I honestly don't know how I would consider it ...

• -The first and easier it would be to tell you that the current treatment and the previous ones are not going (this cannot be discussed by anyone even if it is only because of the glycosylated hemoglobins that you must be giving that they do not go down from 8).

- The second that those treatments you have received are for type 2 diabetes and that for your debut (under 30 years, thin ...) better fit the profile of type 1 and that that can be the cause of those treatmentsDo not go well.

- Someone should make sure you are (alreadybe the public, the private or both) but with blood tests (that you do some peptide test C, antibodies ... whatever) not only of word "you are of such a fixed type ..." because saying thatAnd nothing is the same.

- In the worst case, if you do not want to change the diagnosis of type 2 to type 1 that give them there but at least they change the treatment and between those possible treatments for type 2 diabetes is as I have explained before thesame treatment received by type 1 diabetics (only with insulins).

If things with the public endocrine (the social security) are not well (it does not make any blood tests beyond glycosylated hemoglobins, the treatment does not change, it does not listen to you at all what you are commenting on,There is a generalized communication problem) because as you leave the consultation you go to patient care or wherever and inform you what you have to do to request the change of endocrine doctor.

If things with the private endocrine go wrong for you more or less for the same thing that the other stops going to the private endocrine, on top of the fact that you are paying you are still bad, you continue to wear your diabetes badly ... Well, door ... for a seasonIt is better that you are only with the Social Security is the one you have now or the one that assigns you if you request the change.

That takes you more than one endocrine at the same time is a problem, it is crazy, do not do it if you can avoid it and you can.

DiabetesForo
    01/05/2011 11:47 a.m.

I subscribe what TNT says (they are going 2 times on the same day :)))

In addition, I played a coffee with a saccharina to the public endocrine, he consults in a private clinic in the afternoon ...

If you are type 1 and you have prescribed Velmetia or Dianben it is to denounce them to the College of Physicians, at least.
    I have already repeated it in other posts ...

DiabetesForo
    01/05/2011 12:20 p.m.

On my diagnosis and my treatment ... as I put in my signature I am diabetic type 1 (there are no doubt here, I am also diagnosed).

Type 1 diabetics have total insulin dependence from the first moment that they are diagnosed.

The treatments prescribed for type 1 diabetes are:

• - Treatment with multiple injections of insulin.

either

- Insulin pump treatment.

Over the years, type 2 diabetics usually end up having total insulin dependence and are prescribed these same treatments.

I have always been to the treatment of multiple insulin injections (with different insulins over the years but always with multiple injections).

Current treatments with multiple insulin injections are also called bolus-base treatments (or basal-bolus, both ride, ride so much): an insulin is used to cover the basal and another to cover food bowling:

The three graphics show more or less the same, the basal is the bottom of those graphics and the food bowling are the peaks that occur at meals (breakfast/food/dinner).

To cover the basal one of these two is usually used:

• (Insulina Glargina).
    or

• (Insulin determine).
  • To cover food bowling, one of these three is usually used:

• (Glulisin insulin).
    or

• (Insulina aspart).
    or

• (Insulina Lispro).
  • Being able to give different combinations (Lantus+Apidra or Lantus+Novorapid or Lantus+Humalog or Levemir+Apidra or Levemir+Novorapid or Levemir+Humalog) but always one to cover the basal and another to cover the bowling.

Although you can give any of these combinations, Lantus is usually paired with Apidra and Levemir with Novorapid (I imagine that because they belong to the same laboratory and thus if a warehouse arrives Lantus that is from Sanofi Aventis I suppose that it will be easy that there are other health productsAventis as is the case of Apidra and in the case of Levemir and Novorapid the same because both are from Novo Nordisk, but come on ... that this is a my conjecture, it can be for other reasons ...).

As I put in my firm I am with Lantus+Apidra: 1 puncture a day of Lantus and 3 punctures a day of Apidra (one at each meal) but there are also people with Lantus+Apidra who puts one more puncture of Apidra PQ apart fromThose 3 puts another to snack.

I am not very in favor of giving concrete doses and schedules because insulin needs vary from one individual to another and because what is also going to a diabetic does not have other diabetics to go to other diabetics ... let's say I put on thedose that I need (and so I do not catch my fingers 8)) what I can tell you is that I put it every day at night but I repeat that that is what is going to do better, it may be that to anotherPeople do better at noon or in the morning.

DiabetesForo
    01/05/2011 12:31 p.m.

Thank you very much for all the information.The endocrine that sees me on the 17th is the first time I go.They have seen me 3 of the social security of a hospital and they are fatal (in sight it is), now I demanded that I saw another from another hospital and I got it despite the Peros.I will tell you my experience with this new endocrine to see how it is doing.In fact, like those of the SS I did not solve anything I went to the private one.That I say, that he has not helped me much.The Endocrine of Social Security raise my dose, they manage to lower the hem a little and discharge me, so that it takes me the header, and my header medical will know of colds because what is of diabetes does not have or p... idea.So I'm going to try their luck in the other hospital to see how.Although I already told you that I learn much more with you than with them.The good thing about this hospital to which I go to time is that the bomb have it more aware, to see if I am lucky and I have the profile to get it.

VICTORGR's profile photo
    VICTORGR
    01/06/2011 4:52 p.m.

From what I read, in Andalusia we take the palm in terms of poor attention as patients with diabetes that we are.

To me, the internal medicine doctor of the Antequera Hospital, Mr. Miguel Angel García Ordoñez, prescribed a single control every three days, and that the analytics gave a hemoglobin of 11.5.

After fighting with the nurse of the health center, I got 3 controls per day.As I have the glycosilada in 9 after almost a year of my debut, I will return to the load with the nurse and request in writing 6 controls a day to be able to see the postpandracials.If you deny me (which will be the safest), I will ask you in the same writing that I put the reasons why you do not prescribe the six controls and sign it and seal.

Greetings.I will tell you.

Narciso's profile photo
    Narciso
    05/26/2016 4:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.