I am new in the forum, my name is Javier.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/25/2014 10:25 a.m.

Hello, good afternoon:

I don't understand anything.This morning before breakfast 360, breakfast a glass of milk and mid -morning 2 yogurts, I take control before eating and I have 490.

Is it normal?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/29/2014 1:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yesterday I had time with the doctor at 11.15, as I live in a town and I have to move on bus, because I hardly see with the glasses I had so far.

I arrived early and went to the cafeteria around 10.15, I took a ham snack of at least 100 grams of bread plus the salty ham and a bottle of wine of 200 cl., when I get home before eating I took control and gave me 90, before breakfast I had 248. ????I repeat before, I don't understand anything at all, maybe for you you see it normal or know what it goes, but I do not understand.

DiabetesForo
05/29/2014 1:59 p.m.

Javier, the insulin you get, if mixed, makes a beak at 4 or 5 hours .. I think .., so it can be for that..
Type 1 have a slow insulin, without peaks, and we get fast before meals. The advantage of this treatment is that there are no food schedules and many hypoglycemia are avoided between hours between hours

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2014 4:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Javier, if you are in insulin treatment, should give you more strips, to measure you at least before meals ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2014 4:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hello good duias:
Regina, the insulin I take is Novomix-30 flexpen, I don't know if it's slow or fast.
Before breakfast 24 units and before dinner 18, in addition to metformin pills after food and then dinner.

Ask the doctor what kind of diabetic I am, I or II, but speaking it happened and I don't know.

The strips, the doctor told me to take control 1 days 3 times (breakfast, food, dinner and another day 2 times (breakfast dinner). But telling him that they only give me a box with 60 units for 60 days,He told me to take it every day once, one day to breakfast, another food and another dinner.

It seems that they cannot prescribe them, ask the pharmaceutics and told me that on a few occasions not to say he has never sold the strips with recipe.

I am talking about the community of Catalonia, maybe in other communities it is different.

I have seen online that they sell them at a good price, if I see that I am missing them online, they are the same brand, of the Bayer house, and they are new lots of parapharmacies that close, or those who lack a few months to expire,For example: the lot of those who have seen several expires in April 2014, for one who needs enough per month because it will not reach the expiration date.
They sell them for 40 euros certificate included.They sell lots of 2 boxes of 2 boats of 50 units.Total 200 units.

DiabetesForo
05/31/2014 8:17 a.m.

** I have seen several expired in April 2014,

I wanted to say April 2015.

DiabetesForo
05/31/2014 8:21 a.m.

Javier continues to insist that you need more strips, to do more controls, because you are in insulin treatment.
You should see you an endocrine and make the report and some other more complete study to know what type of diabetes you have. Tell the doctor who treats you. With those variable values ​​you need more controls and maybe a change in treatment. Mixed insulins are veryunpredictable.
The value of glycosylated hemoglobin is the one that will indicate the control you carry. With good control is below 6.5.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/31/2014 1:18 p.m.

Javier the Novomix 30 means that you have 30% of the units that you put in fast insulin and the rest of intermediates or NPH.
The fast will begin to act at the room of a hour to put it on, to metabolize breakfast and last approximately 2 to 4 hours and on the other hand the NPH makes you another peak at 2 hours with what you would have to do mid -morning and resopone before bedtimeAnd being pending at the time of the food because if you eat too late you could have a hypo and at dawn the same because this insulin does not maintain the values ​​such as the lantus and can last up to 12 h, it marks you hours.
I take Novomix 70 to the food (70% fast and 30% intermediate) because I have a short tad the lantus and I get a little high to dinner so the Novomix added me
What raises me about your treatment is that you need fast (Novomix 30 that I have already told you that 30% is fast) to breakfast and dinner that in Theory are eaten less rations and that in food, which is normally eaten moreRations do not need anything, that with what you have of NPH, it is enough, how about the food posts?
Who takes you, the header or the endocrine, the perfect endocrilethat consumed ...
If you see you the header, Dila that you want an endocrine

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/31/2014 8:06 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

You have a serious lack of control.They could influence drugs for osteoarthritis, or that your body has not yet accustomed insulin and has resistance.
But they are very high levels.So do not hesitate to make an appointment at the endocrine every week and make you very continuous blood analytics.I think you will be controlling it, although with patience and effort.I don't know if you can exercise with the tartitris gossip.If possible, try to walk, make static bike, etc.That could help lower those high levels.
Keep informing us, we want to know your evolution and help you in what we can.

DiabetesForo
06/02/2014 3:57 a.m.

I don't know if I have inserted my comment well.Or if the comment of the forum of the person I referred to.I read someone who was 360 when he got up and 490 before eating and suffering from acute gossip osteoarthritis.And now I don't see his comments.

DiabetesForo
06/02/2014 4:07 a.m.

Yes, clear corticosteroid treatments that alter glucose, you have to modify insulin, because they go up, but you can control more less.
Do not discourage you Javier, who sends you to the endocrine and you will see how little by little it will help you

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/02/2014 4:12 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello, good afternoon:

Thanks Regina, Gala, Miguel ...

From the first day that the endocrine visits me, before the header doctor said that the symptoms they had were the medications that he took for the gouty osteoarthritis (thirst, much wins and urinating every hour).

As I was not fixed with the medications that prescribed me about the legs and feet that I could hardly walk, I sent myself to the rheumatology, she prescribes me other medications such as cortisone, Ampuriol, Adenuric, Colchimax, Inacid.And I send me urine and blood analysis, in an analysis of those I found the sugar to 495 and I send me for emergency at the time to the endocrine (even she accompanied me from her dispatch to the plant of her partner endocrinologist).

The header has not learned until a few days ago that I went to tell it and to prescribe something for itching, pain, stinging and some white dots that came out in my penis.I thought it was that I expelled crystallites from uric acid and it turns out that it is something related to sugar

That was the first visit to the endocrine where he gave me all the devices to take the sugar, and they taught me how insulin is injected, apart from some pills for meals and dinners and a menu to follow.From that date the endocrine gives me time every two months, also time every month for another endocrine doctor for a tracking traction.

When I went to the nurse of my health center for needles and strips, it gave me 50 strips and I give my time for 50 days, which is when it expires and can provide me with more strips, before they cannot because they do not allow itThe computer, of needles all those who want, gave me a box of 200 to inject the insulin, and another of 200 to prick my finger.

The last visit almost a week ago to the endocrine, explain to him about the strips and he did not tell me anything to make a report or recipe of the strips that I need from 50 in 50 days, he only told me that insteadFrom three controls a day, I do one a day.

That is how I am so far.Maybe on the next visit on July 9 if you see the high controls do something if you can, or have to buy the strips on my own and if I want you are sure.(That's why I look online and I have seen them about 40 euros with portes for 4 boxes of 50 = total 200 strips.)

DiabetesForo
06/02/2014 3:30 p.m.

As I am new in this, everything I see that happens to me since I get a diabetes aim for the next monitoring or endocrine visit.

Now I have been wearing my entire body for a week, as if it tubed fleas, itchs neck, chest, legs, arms, my head, I don't want to drag, but I do it without realizing it and I bleed a lot.

I have also noticed a great descent in the view, I have had to go to the pharmacy to buy me a glasses to see, the ones I used before now now I use them to see from afar that I did not need before, and to have to buy closeAnother graduation, from 2 to 3.5.

DiabetesForo
06/02/2014 3:37 p.m.

I spent months that a lot stung my body, and a little before debuting was exaggerated.The view also made me strange things, but as soon as I regulated the sugar it disappeared.I encourage that with the right treatment you will surely improve.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/02/2014 5:15 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am a student of the Faculty of Computer Systems and my goal is to see if you can download my application
Link
They would help me a lot :) It is an application about diabetes.

alejandraO's profile photo
alejandraO
06/02/2014 9:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.