hello.To all and happy year

yor's profile photo   01/07/2011 12:31 p.m.

I am new in this forum and I do not have much idea of ​​the diabetes disease, I raise my case and I would like that if someone could help me, I would appreciate it, my mother is 50 years old in this country is Cuban and they just detected diabetesBut it has no treatment yet because it breaks down, what I want to know is like and where I get the glucose meter and how that works a little information about that apparatus if there are one better than others if you have to buy a certain amount of strips to measureSugar Things I appreciate anything that I really inform me, thank you very much, greeting.

yor's profile photo
yor
01/07/2011 12:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If the disease has been detected, I suppose that at least it will already be in treatment, even if it is only to stabilize the glucose levels.

You have not said the type of diabetes that there are several types of diabetes) I imagine that for age it will be of type 2.

I tell you more or less how the theme of the machines that measure blood glucose levels in Spain works:
Machines in general are free for diabetics and are usually supplied in hospitals and also in some health centers, the business for brands/laboratories is in consumables (the reactive strips used to measure blood glucose), theTheme of the strips can change some of some provinces to others but in general they are also supplied free of charge or if they do not go with a recipe and a small price.
It is also possible to buy both things, both machine to measure blood glucose levels and reactive strips for that machine, on your own but it is quite expensive (especially the strips since a strip is used for each blood glucose control).

There is not much difference from some machines to others, they all have more or less the same quality/precision that interests to look (especially if you are going to pay for it on your own) is the issue of consumables (how much the strips are worth) PQAs I said before, a strip is used for each blood glucose control that is done and the number of controls that are recommendedThey recommend doing one or two daily controls but type 1 diabetics are recommended to do four daily bone daily controls that you can start making accounts and these numbers assuming that they have the most or less controlled/stabilized disease PQ if you do not have todo more).

I have no idea how the issue of having diabetes will be in Cuba but I think that before buying a glucometer you should inform yourself how the theme is carried there even if you got the machine (paying or free) then the topic of the strips would have to do(What type of meters are used there, that you throw are easier to get there, prices there ... etc).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/07/2011 12:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In any case ... Welcome to the forum !!;-)

I hope we can be of all usefulness and help, at least, to clarify doubts and share experiences.

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/07/2011 3:42 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.