Buy second -hand Dexcom G4?Buy it from the US?

BanHop's profile photo   05/31/2014 12:25 a.m.

Good, I have been looking recently at the comments about the Dexcom G4.
It turns out that I am going to do 6 years of type 1 diabetic. The first 3 years was not bad, 6 and peak of reactive hypoglycemia, the previous year was already at 7.2 and this last year I am already around 8 (there is a lack of inTwo weeks give me the result but it will be as 6 months ago).Anyway, although I try to have a daily life, healthy eating and sport, every time I am worse and the truth is that sometimes I leave, and I do not want, because this will eventually have an impact on health on.

Hence my idea of ​​acquiring a Dexcom G4, which apparently is the best or the best thing there is today to follow up without being tied to an insulin bomb (if I am wrong you tell me).

Problem, because I have read about 1400 all with 4 sensors + 2000 for another 6 boxes with another 4 sensors each.Estimated duration of all 28 weeks, although it seems that it lasts almost double, however the transmitter would have to be renewed at 6 months it seems because it is annoyed.A lot of fabric, so I have a series of questions:

1 - Does anyone sell a second hand, to just have to acquire sensors or sensors and transmitter?My idea is to control myself more, but maybe with about 6 months watching me I would no longer need, because I would know my body better, that it goes up, that lowers me, how the sport affects me ...

2 -I go to the gym about 4 times a week and play football every Sunday and sometimes swim.Is it dangerous to do it with that?If you hit you ..?Can it be used to swim?And to shower?Performing these exercises the last week, no less last due to sweat?

3-Relacation with the previous question.To last more than you put?I have seen on YouTube an American video that put something else on him?What is the best, what is called and where is it acquired?How long do you have those who have it?

4-Do you have already annoyed the transmitter?It really lasts 6 months?More, less?Do you get the purchase the official vendors changing the damaged for a new one?

5-What is the best area to put it?On the web he says that in the belly, but here read that in the chicha of the arm.In my belly I get more, I don't know, I imagine with my partner and that must back down.Maybe in the arms in winter that covers the clothes and in summer in the belly?

6-To those who use it a doubt, although it is worth everyone.If, for example, it detects you that you have it high, I don't know 180-200 what do you do, do you prick insulin?It is that since I have it, unless ever specifically I have made desire to eat something, I punctuate me only at breakfast, food and dinner.I don't know if one can click 5, 6, 7 times ...

7-I read that you have to calibrate it twice a day.That is, you have to continue clicking.If it does not calibrate, the pot is leaving or is it not reliable?

8-Well, the one who has reached this point in my extensive comment, because I also doubt whether you can buy in the US.I have looked at Amazon on the Dexcom G4, and I get the page "Americandiabeteswholesale".If you get and choose everything (transmissor, receiver and 4 sensors) I get 1488.99 dollars, which are 1,092.19 euros compared to the 1420 that is worth in Spain, on the other hand if we compare the offer of 7 annual boxesIn Spain it is worth 2112 euros and in the US 1 899.75 euros.It is a quite important savings, because if you get the Kit + Annual Subscription:

Spain: 1420 + 2112 = 3532 euros
USA: 1092 + 1900 = 2992 euros

On the web do not send to Spain, but surely there is some way to get it and that there have to be other pages.If you know something about this topic you tell me.

If you can answer almost everything I have proposed, I would appreciate it.All the best.

PD: I have found another pageAmerican "Solarmedicalsupplies" The initial kit would be 1,411.85 dollars (1 035.61 euros), and the 7 boxes of sensors about 100 euros mensus than in the other American site.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
05/31/2014 12:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I can answer you to some things from my rookie experience, but my daughter is little, you do not live the same situations, but if something helps you.

1. No idea.

2. We bathe my girl every day (bathroom, not shower, let's go with the submerged Dexcom) and no problem.We put you for security so that the dressing that the sensor brings, another on top and is enduring 25 days there as a lapa the first sensor (in theory it is not necessary to reinforce with a second dressing because in theory it does not take off)., we put the second adhesive because she carries it in the culete and uses diaper, that is, to prevent it from taking off when being continuously in a "wet" area.

3. The dexcom commercial sample left me to sample and that is what we are using for the moment, they are transparent and fine.They sell them but you can buy them online and there are several solutions.

4. I can't tell you, we have been a scarce month.

5. In adults there are everything for what they have told me, braco, leg, gut ... where you feel more comfortable.

6. Never never click on the girl based on Dexcom, when you have to inject insulin we do hair control.Dexcom does not replace hair controls before injecting insulin.In the case of my daughter, when I had injections guideline we never corrected if I was high, a couple of times at night, for dangerous values, it is very small and it already took 6 daily injections, when you had to be corrected by its hypersensitivity, it was with 0.25, another injection and on top of it caused hypoglycemia (as long as we put insulin at night we fell) so we had not scheduled.With the pump we do always correct that it is above the glycemic objective that they have put it but because it gives much more precision and we must not click it.But I believe that adults with injections are corrected whenever necessary, if I'm not mistaken.

7. If, you have to calibrate it twice.As I told you before, it does not replace all capillary controls, the preinsulin and two to calibrate fixed (the latter two can make them coincide with two preinsulin and avoid them).

8. No idea.

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
05/31/2014 6:07 a.m.

Ah!And the corrections in our married, I suppose the rest, are made when necessary for the glycemic value, but always at least two hours after having insulin the previous time.

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
05/31/2014 6:18 a.m.

Hi Banhop, let's see if we all clarify your doubts
1- There is a boy in the that sells or sold here recently in the forum, Pabloj2000, send a private and tell you.

2-Yes, without problems, "supposedly" endures up to 24 h superjido, the transmitter is waterproof.
If they give you a blow I imagine that nothing happens, that they start it as much

3-If the dressing takes off a bit, for that we get those extra beings you see in You Tube, there are several brands.They are super finite as Nuria told you and hold very well, "Opsite Flexigrip" are those who sell the Novalabv house but I already tell you that there are more brands

4-For what I have read for the forum, it must last about a year, although the guarantee that they give you for 6 months.
They should not make any discount

5- There are several places to put it, "in all the places you have a little fat" I have tried in rare places, (where my least hindered me) and goes the same as in the recommended ones.It's a matter of testing.

6- Of course you have to run !!!
Ideally, with the marked guidelines you were well all day but since this are not mathematical (here we say that 2+2 are not 4) touches us and correcting on the march, what you have to do if you see that those high glycemies orLow are repeated often, it will be to modify your guidelines up or lowering the fast or slow depending on when you have those figures

7-If you have to calibrate it, the 1st who asks you if you do not even start marking.The following if you do not suppose that little by little you will be stopped, the truth, more than an hour since I ask it I have never left it, what can be done is to calibrate it when you want to explain to me, you have to calibrate it every 12Hours, I calibrate it at 6:30 a.m. when I get up, then I would touch me at 18:30 again but at that time I am attending patients and I cannot be that if I calibrate it that if it was not, because I calibrate it to theTime of the food that I am calm and Asï no longer asks me to 12 h later and then when I go to bed again so as not to have to wake up at night.

8- I don't know what about buying it there, for what I understand, to buy it there you need to be prescribed by a doctor and then something else, the accounts you have thrown will be those but as they stop it in the customsThey put some sticks that I think in the end does not compensate.

Well, I hope I have clarified some doubts

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/31/2014 6:48 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, I asked the two American pages.Those of Americaandiabeteswholesale have answered me saying that they cannot send, to refer me to the Dexcom page.So nothing.

On the other hand, for example, I play football, in addition to the fear of giving me a porrazo, can that leave or something?Because I guess you will carry something nailed to take the readings ... and something else, do I have to take the receiver in my pocket then while I play?Because if not, being more than 6 meters I would not take measurements.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
06/02/2014 10:49 a.m.

If you give you a porrazo the only one, that you take off, rather that you start (I took one ahead when dressing) but calm that nothing is left inside you.You carry a thread of platinum that if you throw away from the aposty comes out and say for a casual it split (according to rare rare Novalab) leaves alone, the body ends up rejecting it.
And if played to football you should take the receiver with you or lose the readings while you are playing

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/02/2014 11:19 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I am looking for a second -hand insulin bomb, many graciias

Mariam's profile photo
Mariam
06/28/2014 8:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.