{'en': 'What about the carrot?', 'es': '¿qué pasa con la Zanahoria?'} Image

What about the carrot?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/11/2011 2:08 p.m.

I believed that she was a friend of the D diabetic, and now it turns out that she has a glycemic index of eighty and nosecounts.And the bastard seemed silly.: Shock:

I as a half package of carrots, in rations of one or two units, and cooked.

The question is clear, are they counterproductive?,

For now I go with oral antidiabetics.

Greetings,

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/11/2011 2:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That of 90's glycemic index had also heard it .....

DiabetesForo
01/11/2011 5:17 p.m.

Like any vegetables, the more cooked, the greater index .... but not enemy.

I consume it without problems in salads, etc .... without abusing it.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/12/2011 2:17 a.m.

I thought she was a friend of the Diabetic of Pro, and now it turns out that it has a glycemic index of eighty and nosecucentos.And the bastard seemed silly.: Shock:

I as a half package of carrots, in rations of one or two units, and cooked.
The question is clear, are they counterproductive?,
For now I go with oral antidiabetics.

Greetings

Haha ... if there are other more harmless vegetables than her.

Look in this food table, for consultations it is great
Link ... Mentos.pdf

helora's profile photo
helora
01/12/2011 6:13 a.m.

I don't know.It seems to me that worrying about the glycemic index of vegetables and vegetables seems to curl the curl.It is my humble opinion.Unless you are a rabbit, I think the intake of carrots in a normal diet (where they never go in large quantities together at once) will not alter anything and much less you should worry about it.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/13/2011 10:57 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, my daughter loves and many days want her for dessert, raw, you usually eat 100 grams more or less, 1 ration of hydrates.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
01/13/2011 4:50 p.m.

Well, I like it in all ways even fried, for now I have not noticed important variations of blood glucose except when I make it fried by flour, of course this only occasionally.

david29's profile photo
david29
01/13/2011 6:09 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Haha ... if there are other more harmless vegetables than her.

Look in this food table, for consultations it is great
Link ... Mentos.pdf

Helora, thanks for sharing those tables.I have seemed very complete and interesting.Irrigation.;)

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
01/14/2011 1:53 p.m.

I do not know if it is curling the curl hehe but I take into account the glycemic index, at least some, and that of the carrot is one of them, because a puree of carrots without potato produces me some hyper impressive, so I reduce it withzucchini in a proportion of 70-80 % zucchini and 20-30 % carrot and problem solved.

Now, eating a cooked carrot I don't think it has many consequences :), and less if you combine it with meat or fish or fiber.

I really like to consult this website: Link food = carrot .It indicates all the nutritional information of food including the IG and also, in some, it allows you to choose between raw and cooked, among others, and is great to compare.

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
01/15/2011 12:11 p.m.

I am going to stay with the fact that I am not a rabbit, and with which if it is combined with fish or meat, it is not so much.So, I am not going to account for the "hyper" of some.

I mean that I am with what interests me to hear/read: Mrgreen:, it was only missing that I would deprive me of the little vegetable that I like.

Thank you all.

DiabetesForo
01/16/2011 7:12 a.m.

It would be more than you had to eliminate it from your diet ... knowing if it goes up more or less, with adjusting insulin you have enough, right?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/18/2011 4:42 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Like everything ... it will always depend on the quantities!And if it is accompaniment or the total of what you eat ...

Ana_YoDiabetes's profile photo
Ana_YoDiabetes
09/16/2019 12:45 p.m.

I as raw to lots and I always get the sugar, I have not had a problem with the carrot .... yes, always raw ... in the salad I hair three ... and when I am hungry I like aAs of Chuche and the sugar has never risen ... the doctor and the nurse told me that I had no problem eating it ... and the like Mansalva.Raw ... That yes, what I have not eaten is potato, because of this starch .... and that I love puree with lemon and oil .... I'm tired of hungry.

reina45's profile photo
reina45
01/25/2022 7:32 p.m.

The other day I brought a roll of zucchini to work stuffed with chicken, pepper, onion, cheese and carrot.It took me from 80 to two hours to 120 and I assume that it was the carrot.The next day I will take it out and try it.The roll only carries zucchini and egg, so I assume that the problem is the carrot because other times I have made it more basic without it and it has not uploaded me so much.I think it is typical that when you cook it, it goes up.In raw I suppose it will take longer to digest it and, therefore, the climb will be smaller or even there will be.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/26/2022 9:52 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

queen45 said:

The potato, if you cue it with skin and have it 24 hours in the refrigerator becomes resistant starch and does not alter glycemia so much.
I send you an article on the subject.If you put in Google "Potato resistant starch" will offer you a lot of tickets.
With what I like the Russian salad or the jacket salad, this trick is my salvation.

Link

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/26/2022 10:05 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I point out to put the potato in the refrigerator.Not as a potato, except in omelette, but for the summer I will take salad.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/26/2022 3:54 p.m.

I love raw carrots and I never take it into account since not as a lot of blow.
I don't like the cooked.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/26/2022 3:55 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.