Assessment of my first hours with the ACCU-Chek

Ilipa's profile photo   01/12/2011 9:59 a.m.

*Acu-Chek Combo Spirit

For those who do not want to read everything that follows and weighing an incidentillo and the advantages, I summarize my first hours in a word: m a r a v i l l o s a S.

Going into detail, the wonder started yesterday when I didn't have to put the levem of the 00.00 h.At breakfast I had 210 and corrected with the novorapid.

The bike's implementation was at 10.30 a.m.With my nerves, I put the cannula to the gross without using the prick ... I brought it to the abdomen without "loading it" and it turns out that, as I brought it to myself, I nailed it ... What a brute, God!But it has helped me to verify that, if I had to put the "manually" cannula, it is practically nothing painful.Of course there is always the prick to facilitate that task.

When he had 1.5 h with her, he began to vibrate and say that there was an occlusion ... Oh, what a fright!I did the control and it turns out that I had gotten up.Everything seemed to indicate that "the thing" was not going well.The doubt of the ketone bodies began to fly over my left shoulder ... bad beginning.

After checking that the catheter was not bent, my nurse and I fell that almost certainly the problem was in the cannula.And so it was.I put on a new one without taking my old;A corrector bolus and at 15 'That was already beginning to "get ready", so I removed the first cannula and, indeed, it was made a scope ...

In the control of before lunch, all good.A true luxury not having to use the "boli" and injected with the remote-meditor control of the ACCU-Chek.

Despite this small incident, which could have been avoided with the correct placement of the cannula, I already said it at the beginning: wonderful the invention of the bike.

Nothing else, I don't want to extend anymore.I suppose that my filming is minimal to make assessments and that I will have lots of incidents and I will learn many things being even more to learn, but, at the outset and after these hours of experience, it seems to me a magnificent "invention."

Thank you all and all.

PS: Even at the risk of ending me square ..., I carry it between the left and the right with the melt that I made and this system is quite comfortable and safe (now it has sounded to the announcement of compresses :))).

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
01/12/2011 9:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the "Firefighters" Club: D .... I am very glad that your experience is wonderful and that you will not yet have the basal well because thereafter you will begin to take advantage of all the advantages of the bomb.
Let's see if Kekiya tells us how it is .......

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/12/2011 10:11 a.m.

Welcome to the "Firefighters" Club: D ...Then you will begin to take advantage of all the advantages of the pump.
Let's see if Kekiya tells us how it is doing .......

Hello gorgeous

I already said that it seems "risky" to speak so soon, but that is my feeling.Since I have arrived home at the hospital, I was surprised on more than one occasion smiling alone as if Gili were thinking about the bike, hahahaha.But, today I am happy.The bad moments will come, the incidents in which he does not suddenly know what to do, the doubts of the beach days ... still, I am sure that I will end up taking the quiet and I will dominate all those things that you already dominate you;)

Perhaps the less good times will come, but "today it can be a great day" as Serrat did not sing, today is a great day, that I say it: d.

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
01/12/2011 10:17 a.m.

hahaha, Ilipa, I feel reflected in your words and sensations. They put it a week with serum, and really, quite well, better than I expected. I put it on the subject to sleep and take it and everything, and I don't evenI noticed anything. In my bomb I have no remote control, so when I put a bolus, everyone will be able to go out there ... hahaha:-/ :)) :))
I put myself with the prick the catheter, and I imagined it equally more painful, but that goes ... it is no less painful than a puncture with the bolis. My now by the end of the month, they will put the continuous monitoring for 3 for 3Days to see my glycemias and then put my insulin guideline with the bomb, so for February 10 ... they put it on me definitively !!!! Mia Mia, that is going to be a great day, which I also knowTo my new endo, the one that carries the theme of the bombs!I will cross my fingers so that at least it is Maja ... hehehe. And floor like your IlipAnother shock prick ... uuff ... I have a good impression, eager to start. Everything goes great

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/13/2011 6:03 a.m.

hahaha, IlipIn the subject to sleep and take it and everything, and nothing was noticeable. In my bomb I have no remote control, so when I put a bolus, everyone will be able to go to hand me ... hahaha:-/ :)) :))
I put myself with the prick the catheter, and I imagined it equally more painful, but that goes ... it is no less painful than a puncture with the bolis. My now by the end of the month, they will put the continuous monitoring for 3 for 3Days to see my glycemias and then put my insulin guideline with the bomb, so for February 10 ... they put it on me definitively !!!! Mia Mia, that is going to be a great day, which I also knowTo my new endo, the one that carries the theme of the bombs!I will cross my fingers so that at least it is Maja ... hehehe. And floor like your IlipAnother shock prick ... uuff ... I have a good impression, eager to start. Everything goes great

Even at the expense of piercing my fingers, it is worth not to pierce me with the bowling.And the controls, what a bigger taste when the result is within the advisory!(It is not always, but it is tried).

The meter as a remote control is very practical and discreet and also shows graphs and reports of the glycemia controls.Not bad at all.I don't know other bombs, or other meters, but I like it.Although there are true technological wonders out there.As the omnipod and the like: |...

It is not that I woke up at 12 at night to put on the Levemir, it is that I did not appear until then ... and you do not see the dream that I drag for that ... but I will be recovering it;)

Well, handsome, you'll see and tell me in February how well you carry it.: D

Kisses.

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
01/13/2011 4:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.