Why don't we have glucagon - or a substitute - injectable to raise glucose?

pabloj2000's profile photo   06/13/2014 12:12 p.m.

Well, I wonder for years.If we have the glucose very high, we get fast ... If we have very low glucose, we take sugar, glucosport, fanta or whatever.
All this sounds very good, and now I wonder, why don't we have a pen like insulin, but instead of lowering the rise?Yes, I raise for example, the glucagon (in 15 years with diabetes, only 1 time they put it, precisely in the "Education" room a week to debut).

And, from my personal experience, for eg, at night (I have a McG Dexcom), if I have it high, practically without discomfort and almost without waking up, I get the fast and sleep, 3 seconds ... but theI have a low (in my case below 100), because we already lite it, because little to take a soda, a pill, a fruit, one ... at 3 in the morning it causes a bestial disorder, at leastFor me, you reveal you, afternoons ... (The insulin puncture is done with an arm movement and regret, in my case).

I would love to have a pen that in these cases, click 3 units or 4 by ex, and it is already, climb to 150-200 and go down again ... 3 seconds put it and ready.Glucagon I don't know if it would have harmful side effects, but not having them, don't you think this pen would be interesting?The same as doing sports, or moving, or stress situations where what you least feel like getting anything in your mouth ... click "up" and you already cover a little while.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/13/2014 12:12 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

They have tried bi-hormonal pumps in children, who inject insulting and glucagon in the function of the continuous meter so I do not think it is bad.
Link

It is also studied to get glucagon bolis.
Link

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/13/2014 1:56 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, be better than being taking sugar and zumitos, because when they started adjusting the insulin I threw me all day in descent and put myself like a cow and instead the glucagon does not fat

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/13/2014 2:18 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

With how rich the food is I am one of those who prefer to chop something!Although I recognize that you don't always have to eat, you feel like it.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/13/2014 4:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, thanks Sherpa41 for that link, I love it!That does not arrive here.

is that with an apidra bowl ... a glucagon bowl ... a dexcom ... we already have the manual artificial pancreas :)

I think and it happens to me as a gala, both sugar, ghost, etc ... Take an invoice in the weight, also unnecessarily, and to undone, because there does not fancy.

Before the Dexcom, every binge that pa I ... with tremendous hypos, then imagine ... empty the fridge at 3 or 4 in the morning.And certainly, you do not enjoy food (sugars, etc ...) with these bingedestroy with everything).That the best thing is to stick the binge -if, if you feel like it, then you hit it, why not?If we do not seem that we are waiting for a hypo to do it, of sugars but do it "consciously", with its insulin, etc. and then, that, you enjoy it very much more (you do it calmly and savor that "that you cannot eat").Reason did not miss.

As soon as this comes out, "I ask me," is what I always do.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/14/2014 1:41 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.