Drake

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/16/2011 4:03 p.m.

I know that the theme of dogs has been commented on occasion, but I do not title the post with the name of my boxer because yes, but because Drake has revealed us as an ally against night hypoglycemia.I tell you:
This vacation, in Cáceres, Celia slept, as always, with Drake in her room.I always had the hope that Drake would serve to detect Celia's hypos when sleeping.Well, one night Drake came to our room very nervous.I packed it that perhaps I had some physiological "urgency", but given the time (about 4 in the morning) I sent him to sleep and turned around.After a few moments I heard noise and got up.The kitchen light was on.I approached and I saw Celia, standing, drinking milk with sugar, pale as a dead, and told me. "Mom, Drake has woke me up, and I felt very low. I have measured myself and had it" still trembled hands and hands andlegs.I made her sit down and when she started tracing she took a couple of cookies.Drake remained at all times with her, without losing sight of her.When the glucometer already guaranteed a good result, he returned to bed, not without having explained that Drake cried and hit him continuously until she got up.
Celia lay down, already answered, and Drake lay on her bed, sighed and fell asleep.

If I was already a dog lover, since that night I am even more.There I leave the experience, in case anyone serves you.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/16/2011 4:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They say that dogs end up seeing their masters.

On alert, vigilant, attentive to the slightest sign that something is wrong, concerned about their loved ones .........

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/17/2011 2:54 a.m.

Amazing: D ..... We had already read something liked but that you have lived first hand ... ufff .....: D

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 3:31 a.m.

My mother, it's incredible!A curiosity, what race is Drake?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/17/2011 3:55 a.m.

Link FBID = 1184146695027 & AMP; SET = A.118414615025.2024332.1569045141

Let's see if the photo comes out, if not, click on the link and you will see Drake.It is a boxer, Kekiya.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 8:01 a.m.

The best friend of man with a lot of difference.
:)

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
01/17/2011 9:43 a.m.

This is curious of the dogs. I agree when my brother and I were some criajines, when we stuck:-/ my dog ​​came running, barking us, and threw himself to bite us (but not to harm, but as a touch of attention)To separate, as in scolding plan. And my grandfather, before he died, when he was very bad, he was in his bedroom and fell out of bed. He had a surrender of the open door, and my grandfather as I could not scream, kickedTo try to hear. I swear that my dog ​​with the biggest and deafness that is, woke us up and began to cry, indicating my grandfather's room with the snout, trying to put him through the surrender of the open door.Account that was on the floor.Is it curious, huh?The pity is that it is already a grandmother, and I don't want to think about the day I miss ... :(

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/17/2011 10:03 a.m.

I have read something about the olfactory capacity of dogs, now golgendo: now:

The dog's olfactory capacity is a million times higher than the human
I imagine that the shots go, I say the smells: mrgreen:

I hope Drake knows how to separate the good and bad from Celia :)) :)) and stay with the good, with love I say it;)

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 12:01 p.m.

Hahaha, Owash.
Surely for Drake Celia it is almost God.
And yes, I also think that smell has a lot to do with this issue.The smell and instinct that makes them perceive the danger.There are animals that presume earthquakes or other catastrophes.Maybe it's a matter of vibrations.
I don't know, the fact is that it is clear that something feel and make themselves understood.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 12:09 p.m.

I remember my dog, a beautiful German shepherd: D, very restless one afternoon, I did not stop complaining, very nervous, fearful, so it was all afternoon and night and I bored because I did not know what happened to him, that night there was aearthquake with epicenter in Lugo, I woke me up because I moved my bed and the noise was impressive: shock: Then I realized what happened to Tsar.
I am sure they notice things that are imperceptible to us and not just the smell ..... and I have not had a dog again because I had a very bad time when I ran without mine, but I do not rule out adopting any ...: D

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 12:17 p.m.

Alea, it's the most beautiful thing I've read, here so far, I'm excited.:)

Consu's profile photo
Consu
01/17/2011 12:29 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

An Achuchón to Drake from me.And you can sleep calmly with him.The love given to them returns by them.The father of my father cries every day next to his bed, now that he is in the hospital.
A hug to Celia and always sleep with Drake.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/17/2011 5:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina, I hope your father will follow the improvement.I already call you to see how it goes.
And also a Achuchón to Tsar, who has always been stuck to your father.Surely for him it will be a party when he returns home.

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 5:46 p.m.

I do not send you the Achuchón to Drake for reasons that you already know, :)) :)), that is for him ... We already talked about the story here and I keep putting my hair standing.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/18/2011 4:49 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello,
I find the story precious.
The animals are a pass, I have two dogs and many times I consider what thoughts and what they have.The dog is pregnant, any day has the puppies and the male takes care of her.I always ate the dog and then the dog, and now the dog lets her eat everything she wants.At night we separate them, in case Neka gives birth and in the morning they will be sought as if they had not seen themselves in years.
When I have sugar dances if I feel that dogs notice it and stop playing with me and they stay calm by my side, they have not woke up but one day in the park, a very strong low and I was alone, I was alone, I had methat sitting on the floor and my straps escaped, whenever they are loose they go to the other end, but that day they were both sitting without moving from my side

tica's profile photo
tica
01/18/2011 6:49 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
Alea, amazing what you tell, I loved it, you will be delighted with Drake, with reason the dog is the best friend of man
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
01/18/2011 10:21 p.m.

How lucky, my braco I think does not find out even if the house is glued :)) :))

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
01/22/2011 7:32 p.m.

I have read this issue too late but it seems to me that the contribution can be curious: I guess you know, but there are dogs especially trained for it.The cases that I know are police dogs, but much is being investigated.And well, it is proven after this story and others that I know that without training some realize.It is not the case of mine (a yorki) but ... it is clear that more than once they understand us much better (and I do not speak only of "understanding us as diabetics") than the closest people ...

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
02/13/2011 8:33 a.m.

She is a great dog, my fuck just sleeps.

josealmeri's profile photo
josealmeri
02/16/2011 5 p.m.

Nice history and great dog.He only needs to take the barrel on his neck like the San Bernardo with half a liter of milk with sugar for when the girl needs it if he is away from home.

JoseManuel's profile photo
JoseManuel
02/17/2011 4:50 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.