Concerned about hypoglycemia

manuel's profile photo   01/17/2011 11:34 a.m.

Dear friends: I am diabetic, type II (Mellitu) for eight months, insulin -dependent, I have managed to level glucose, but I have hypoglycemia problems, especially in the morning, until lunchtime, having to eat every two or three hours(The afternoons I do not have so many drops), I puncture 10 units of Lantus at 07:00 hours, plus a 50/1000 janumet tablet, at 20:00 another janumet 50/1000 compressed, the endocrine tells me that it isThe treatment that I should carry since glycosylated hemoglobin is in 6.4, but the truth is that I cannot make a moderately regular life because of the referred hypoglycemia, it is such a situation that if not as in the period referred above I fall below 60If anyone knows how I can overcome this, I would appreciate it.

manuel's profile photo
manuel
01/17/2011 11:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Manuel.

Several things can happen.You will see which one that best suits you:
-What the dose of Lantus is a little high.If you are fair throughout the day, you will have to lower a unit, until you find the right dose.
-What the rest of the day you are fine.Then the problem is not the dose, but the schedule.Lantus has a peak of action between 3 and 6 hours after putting it.If this is the problem, you can solve it by changing the schedule and putting you lantus, either at noon or at night.

In your place I would try first to put it at noon, to see how you are doing.But yes, the changes make them and wait several days to see how the glycemias go before changing again.If with the change you do well, great.If not, you tell us, to see.The more data we give us, the better we can guide you.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 11:56 a.m.

I would bet that you have lost some kilo of weight ...
Janumet (Incretins) have that property for type 2.

It would not be more to consult the endocrine or the head doctor reduce 1 Lantus insulin unit and see what happens ... especially if the weight loss exceeds 3-4 kilos

On the other hand, what breakfasts?Little lunch?
But you put carbohydrates at breakfast, at least, the peak of the lantus mentioned by Alea is much more.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 12:13 p.m.

Thanks for your help

manuel's profile photo
manuel
01/18/2011 12:30 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.