Hello!(。◕‿◕。)

Laire's profile photo   06/16/2014 1:57 p.m.

Hello everyone!
My name is Estefanía and I am 21 years old.I debuted just two weeks ago, when collecting a blood test that I went to do for something else, it turns out that I was 500 mg/dl: -O how you will imagine they had to enter the urgency and spent a week at the hospital learning whatIt was all this diabetes, insulin, diet ...
They told me that I have type 1 diabetes and for the moment I am dealing with Lantus (38 units in the morning) and Apidra before meals, depending on up to 8 or 10 units.
And well, the truth is that he has caught everything very suddenly and obviously I didn't expect it at all!Luckily I am receiving a lot of support from my friends and my family (although my family at first "denied" that I had diabetes hahaha), I follow the diet, measurements and doses very well.
At the moment I continue with very different levels, because I am 90 than almost 300, or it gives me hiccups at night, etc.I guess I have to be patient because it will still take to stabilize, right?
I also wanted to tell you that I have been reading the forum for days and it has helped me a lot to clarify enough doubts, it is very appreciated because I do not know anyone who also has diabetes, so I have finally decided to introduce myself
: \ "& GT;
All the best!

Laire's profile photo
Laire
06/16/2014 1:57 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Welcome to the forum, Estefanía.

Indeed, little by little your levels will tend to stabilize and to be more predictable.
There are many kids and kids of your age in the forum that can help you with your control and with your concerns.Ask what you want and need.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/16/2014 3:33 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Welcome Estefanía!
I am also 21 years old and to me the diabetes took me younger, with only 5 years.I have no memories of my beginnings, as is normal, but here we are for what you need.
Courage with this new day to day.You will see that soon you will "dominate" your diabetes and everything will be easier.Patience and strength.
All the best!

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
06/16/2014 6:30 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

You have to learn how insulin doses and hydrates act.You will have to adjust guidelines until they consult more stability.Mind yourself a lot.The glucometer is the best help.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/16/2014 9:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you can take advantage of the experiences of all who are here.
For now, just recommend a lot of encouragement and keep that good disposition to fight and control the disease.Now the principle will cost a little until you take the rhythm and manage to adjust your doses and avoid those level differences.
I said, encourage and go ahead.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/17/2014 4:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum, so you indicate that you take it with very good mood all this will help you throw forward without problems!
A cordial greeting

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/17/2014 1:10 p.m.

Welcome to the @laire forum! Ask what you need, and share what you want!;)

We love reading comments like this:

laire said:

I also wanted to tell you that I have been reading the forum for days and it has helped me a lot to clarify enough doubts, it is very appreciated because I do not know anyone who also has diabetes, so I have finally decided to introduce myself
: \ "& GT;
Greetings!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/17/2014 4:57 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much for the welcome!

Regina, for the moment I measure me 8 times a day mandatory, and some more every time I feel something strange, to see if I learn to interpret the signs that the body sends me.

You tell me about the mood and the truth is that I try to bring it the best I can.It is useless to get angry or deny it, it is not that I will heal me for doing it hahaha so the best thing I can do is accept it from the outset and take care of everything I can to stabilize soon;).I also think that my family has it "worse" than me, so if I let me go because of that negative attitude ... no!

Laire's profile photo
Laire
06/18/2014 1:49 p.m.

Estefanía do not let yourself be discouraged by anyone, that better treatments that will improve the vidatú will only take care of getting a good hemoglobin

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/18/2014 6:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Laire I am 21 years Diabetic also haha ​​in the mood of the family I give you the reason in my house also took them worse than me ... the mood yoyo is important or at least in my case since each diabeticIt is different in this I think for example if I get very nervous, my sugar is lowered and if I get angry, I get up haha ​​the dislikes or being sad also you give me a little but well little by little you realize the symptoms ...The descents have if you take as dizziness sweaty vision vision or more than blurry to see everything too clear as if they put a light in the eyes more or less me for example I do not know it is reliable because I do not know anyone but haha ​​hahaI sleep my tongue I notice how ornaThing that in the end I use also haha ​​when you have doubts you can look at your hand, you put it straight and if boots that tremble, it measures that you will be shortly ... the climbs are noticed because in my case it gives you a lotBathroom and in extreme cases you can hurt the spleen a bit ... you are not things that you will see and discover little by little but you continue to measure and especially with humor haha ​​for what you need here we are;)

otti's profile photo
otti
06/20/2014 8:17 a.m.

Now that you have told me about glucosylated hemoglobin, @regina just saw that when I entered I was 14%!It is very much!:-EITHER
Do you know how much time I have been with high sugar to give me such figures?

On the other hand, today I have gone to my first review with the endocrine and he has told me that I am going very well, that I have a pretty good control.The truth has encouraged me a lot!:) In September I go again.I guess they will make me the hemoglobin test again, to see the results!Following the diet, exercise and insulin doses well, does it take a long time to go down?
The bad thing is that a somewhat irregular summer awaits me, I am going to live to another country and you already know that everything is unbridled a bit ... but, of course, I will try to bring it as well as possible: D

@otti thank you very much for all the tips!Hahaha the hypos at the moment I do notice them, as you say I notice above all that everything trembles!And I am like weaker, Mareadilla.What I do not notice yet is when it is high :( the thirst, hunger, fatigue ... It shows "instantly"? That is, for example as something, the sugar goes up a lot and I already start to notice thosesymptoms?
The other day I had an exam and from my nerves I lowered my sugar enough, thankfully I told the teacher and I could measure myself without problem during the exam and take a cookie hahaha.But the truth is that it is a jaleo that depends on how you are up or down ...

Laire's profile photo
Laire
06/20/2014 5:17 p.m.

@laire good because there depends on what you eat and what raises you in my case if I have a sweet at the time as I am already bad if you take pure bone pure sugar or honey for example at 15 minutes it already goes up... Anyway, we are a world in 200 I notice high and in 40 I'm so calm haha

otti's profile photo
otti
06/20/2014 5:50 p.m.

If you have a 14 hem, you have been with very high values, above 300 and more.
With those figures you have had to have symptomatology, weight loss, drink a lot of water, go to the bathroom, dry mouth, nauseous sometimes and as right side pain once, it is rare that you have not noticed anything ....
Hemoglobin is the average of the figures you have had in the last 3 months, Adi that imagines how you have been and what you do not know before.I leave you some tables with the sugar values ​​and to which hemo corresponds and has that the test does the average of 3 months so that perfect status, for September you will be around 8, the first hemo after the diagnosis, established the low treatment quite fast, then it costs a little more, but calm, than a hem of 14 to diagnosis, if you later go with the treatment, it has no impact
Keep with that mood that is important and attentive to hypos, you will take the truquillo :)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/20/2014 5:52 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

It is the 3 months average but most of the weight is the last month.In September you can have a 6 or 6 peak hem with good controls.

tica's profile photo
tica
06/20/2014 6:24 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

@Gala did notice those symptoms and several more!But I attributed it to a different cause, stress, etc.When I entered I was in 530 and they told me that I was surely like that a long time, and yes, counting since I started noticing symptoms as blurred vision, more than three months: o
Thank you very much for the table!I hope to get to 8 in September, according to my glucometer I have on average 143, but of course, I've only been ten days so we'll see from here to September hahahaha: D

Laire's profile photo
Laire
06/20/2014 8:44 p.m.

Welcome: D I have 23 and debut with 9 at the beginning it costs and you deny and think that because of you ... but with patience and a lot of strength it takes to take care of sports and healthy life hehe I carry it well but I do not deny that sometimes I amShoot the glucose ... I said that a lot hehe a greeting :)

mirian90's profile photo
mirian90
06/20/2014 10:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.