DMI diagnosis

leo's profile photo   01/20/2011 3:18 p.m.

Good afternoon/ nights, I wanted to ask you a question, it is possible to badly diagnose a DMI? It can be confused with another type, I do not mean the two but to a gestational for example, that is, it is psychible to have high glucose values ​​onlyFor a time?
Thank you.
It is that reading online there are some cases, but I do not know if real, in which they say that it can be diagnosed badly.

leo's profile photo
leo
01/20/2011 3:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

By being able to poorly diagnose the guy, but if it is or is not diabetes it is relatively easy to diagnose especially those that have insulin dependence from the first moment more than anything for symptoms (especially polydipsia (a lot of thirst) and polyuria (urinating a lot)) and also for simple things such as a glycemia taken randomly is above 200 mg/dl.

Many times those symptoms (to urinate a lot) may not be taken into account when it is a gestational diabetes since it seems that in the collective subconscious a pregnant woman "is normal that he goes to the bathroom" but something simple as a blood glucose makes them jumpThe alarms.

Link

The World Health Organization (WHO) established the following criteria in 1999 to establish the diagnosis with precision:

Classic symptoms of the disease (polyuria, polydipsia, polyphia and inexplicable weight loss) plus a casual or random blood intake with greater than or equal figures of 200mg/dl (11.1 mmol/l) L)

Fasting glucose measurement in fasting greater than or equal to 126mg/dl (7.0 mmol/l).Fasting is defined as not having ingested food in at least 8 hours.

The oral glucose tolerance test (glucose tolerance curve).Plasma measurement is made two hours after 75g glucose intake in 375 ml of water;The test is positive with figures greater than or equal to 200 mg/dl (11.1 mmol/l).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/20/2011 3:36 p.m.

If there is something easy to diagnose it is gestational diabetes ... curvita, values ​​and we already have a diagnosis ...

confuse it with a type 1: shock:
Because it can be ... but normally as TNT says, symptomatology is very clear ...

DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 12:43 p.m.

They told me that I had gestational diabetes, since I said 472 in the glucose test but did not dare to perform the curve and it turned out that no ..., that it was type 1 diabetics and did not know!

lore_bcn's profile photo
lore_bcn
01/24/2011 2:20 p.m.

normal that they did not make you the curve .... they give you the hyperazcarada glucose that and you get 600 quietly ....

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 1:56 p.m.

They loved me a sugar cuva to do when I was diagnosed with diabetes, and that was 500 ... Luckily a nurse told my parents to take me to another hospital, I had worked with the endocrine of the children's hospital andThat was very good ...

tica's profile photo
tica
01/26/2011 8:30 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.