help...

jolisin's profile photo   06/19/2014 8:48 a.m.

Hello, I am a woman and I am 32 years ago, a week and days ago the doctor, seeing that my sugar result was high, 300 on an empty stomach derived to another doctor who immediately prescribed me insulin, told me clearly that I had diabetes but notI could determine if it was type 1 or 2. That same day at night I had my first dose 10 at night and 20 every morning.The first two days were normal and I took great care of my diet but the sugar did not go down, it remained in 240 without food and 300 eating, sometimes 330 and that is why my husband and my mother -in -law that has a lot of experience in diabetes because my sister -in -law of 14 14Years have this disease since the age of 9, they added to these doses another more of another type of insulin to correct and thus lower the sugar, despite going up and down those doses with food never drops from 220 and without food just one day on an empty stomach I arrivedTo 188, in the middle of the week I could no longer stay awake, even my husband insisted on taking me to Dr. Semi asleep to inform him of the dose change, the doctor did not even see me and agreed with the changes even added a dose a doseBut at lunchtime and uploaded the morning also requested results of a renal exam, and blood and an eye bottom.As the days passed, I had less appetite and more pain, especially in the hips and back, then a headache and finally yesterday to all those pains an intense pain in my left arm and in my chest so deep that it costsA lot to breathe without feeling pain.Yesterday I had the last dose of insulin because I managedThat reassured my pain a little, sleeping 4 hours and woke up with a lot thirst, hunger and the pain began to appear again, I had to endure not to eat because in 3 more hours I should make me the exams in a fast, endure almost 2 hours since I woke upUntil I started losing control over the pain, I ate a yogurt and a light soda glass when I started writing this and have passed 20 minutes and I start to feel much better and more stable, the pain decreases and managed to be more awakeI could almost say, I feel good about the incessant hip pain and back (kidneys) I know that today I will not be able to take the exams and that for this delay I will not see the doctor until Tuesday, but I am not worried that II feel like an experiment, my husband does not understand my pains and everything looks on the practical side, schedules of attention, and thinks that the word of the doctors is law, I do not know what you think but I think they are human and you can be wrong, my mother -in -law is a sun and only tries to do my best for me based on the experience I have with my sister -in -law, but what happens if I don't have diabetes?Or that maybe if I have but not the dependent insulin type, I have read about renal failure and I think you have all the symptoms, help ... I feel poisoned, I will be letting the insulin kill me or leave me irreparable sequelae?I try to be a mom and I see that more and more distant, my first exams revealed that I have a hormonal thyroid disorder and my intuition tells me that everything should have started there ... I found no other way to vent, I fall into despair, what I feelIt is not normal, my family fails to capture how strong these pains are, I will appreciate their comments, maybe someone went through this and can help me with their experience, I think I am badly diagnosed.Greetings

jolisin's profile photo
jolisin
06/19/2014 8:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Josilin !!Welcome, I feel not being able to help you in your pains and your things.If I have not understood badly it seems that your doctor has not paid much.What I would have done is to go to the hospital for the emergency room, and so they make you everything that must be done instantly, so my advice would be that you go when you can and do not put more with that insecurity of not knowing what it is, the uncontrolled glucoseAnd with those pain.Come a lot of encouragement:-* And you are telling us.
Greetings.

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
06/19/2014 9:08 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

My recommendation is not to leave insulin.If you have diabetes and expect al.Martes it can be very serious, even die.I feel so hard, but not a topic to take it lightly.If you put insulin and not low from 300 the solution is not to leave insulin is to put the right!Be careful

tica's profile photo
tica
06/19/2014 9:55 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Yeah.Insulin is the only thing that the sugar goes down in blood.Don't leave it.And you see the emergency as soon as possible.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/19/2014 10:07 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Insulin is a natural hormone of the body that never poison you or leave you sequels, that is done by the high sugar but when you have been.

Anyway, it is uncommon not to enter you, they already do it with simple1 type1 diabetics, if you have a thyroid problem and you fail to lower the sugar should you be in the hospital and that they look at you well what you have.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/19/2014 10:40 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hello.
I am not an expert on the subject but I recommend that you go to the emergency room as soon as possible to enter you and treat you there with the insulin doses that should be.
And it is very important that you eat carbohydrates to have energy!But not many quantities or sugar will upload, for example a dish with two handfuls of rice or pasta.
(If I'm not right that someone corrects me, please).

Greetings and that you recover very soon :)

Laire's profile photo
Laire
06/19/2014 12:14 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.