Air bubbles in the catheter and/or cartridge

Ilipa's profile photo   01/22/2011 10:55 a.m.

Hello

My consultation is summarized in the issue of this topic, which you will have read.It turns out that I connect the insulin cartridge in the pump without a single air bubble and later checking their existence, as I usually do from time to time, I see that there are miniburbujas in the cartridge or in the catheter.Even they were not minis, but sections of air in the catheter up to 10 cm: shock: and several bubbles in the reservoir or cartridge.

Do you know why these bubbles are due to first and what is the "trick" to avoid them?

When I charge the cartridge I do it with insulin that I have taken the day before the refrigerator and bait the catheter to expel the air.But, I don't know if I need something to prevent them from appearing later.

Thank you very much and greetings.

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
01/22/2011 10:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, look, it is very important that the signs of the Sitema three or four times, they tell you when they give it to you, my trick is to give it small blows and I achieve that the small bubbles are concentrated in one and I purged it.
Health, I hope it serves you.: P

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 1:22 p.m.

I had the thread ...
I have also suffered a lot of that, and see that I have paid special attention to the subject ... I know that temperature changes affect and also know that the way of filling the reservoir is very important ... at first I did as IThey taught, loading the 60 units of the pen and injecting you are in the reservoir, one and Otra time until it filled it, then as Kiko indicates, hit this and concentrate the miniburbujas above and release them in the barley (I bait up to º10 units),Also have the precaution of putting the bomb when Cebes in the position in which the reservoir is head up (I don't know if I explain myself) ... These last tips are the ones that have helped me half to solve the damn themeof bubbles.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/24/2011 1:28 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

And what Kiko and Velia tell you about the small blows and the position at the time of purging, I add that you usually carry the pump placed horizontal or "face down" so that the bubbles remain in the part"superior" and contrary to the departure of the deposit.And another thing.When you load the deposit syringe do it very slowly.If I have ever thrown very strongly, or speed, the syringe plunger I have noticed that inside the insulin vial occur as turbulence that drags air bubbles.
(I don't know if I have explained well, but this afternoon I have gone the ride muse and left me with the inspiration somewhat lazy.)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 12:40 p.m.

Requetegracias at 3 for your answers.

More or less I do as you: fill slowly, tap, barbar, look every 2x3 (= 6), etc.What surprised me, sometimes, I have looked and there were no bubbles and at the same time I caught one in the very beautiful catheter ... Maybe it has been the temperature, I don't know.
Anyway, I will continue playing here, here, here with the bubbles :))

Irrigation.

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
01/25/2011 2:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.