I suspect I have flu

VICTORGR's profile photo   01/27/2011 5:49 a.m.

Well yes, what I need.It turns out that yesterday was my 3 -year -old hospitalized nephew and after being all day in observation they did the tests and confirmed it that he has flu A. Well, I find myself bad for 2 or 3 days but today I got up......... To die. With my nephew I have been practically every day, apart from my 4 -year -old boy, it has also been cold but mine is strong, we go like never.So this afternoon I am going to see if I do the tests to me and my wife who is 7 months pregnant.So another problem to control diabetes.What do you know about this?Do you know what kind of test they do to diagnose it?And being diabetic, do you think we will have more problems?Do you know what we can take while we are cold or with a flu?, Of my levels because I am going to tell you since yesterday the thing not low from 200 .: Oops:

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/27/2011 5:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In general, when we are sick (or incubating something) our insulin needs rise, theirs would be to fix it by raising the slow or prolonged action that we use but in your case, mine and that of the whole world that Lantus uses such as changes inDose are slow to make those dose changes arrive too late, they may arrive when the flu or costipado has passed (it takes a quietly a day to day and a half to start seeing a dose change made with Lantus and thenTo assess that change you have to wait 4 or 5 days to touch or leave it there) try to fix it by raising the rapids of the meals PQ that will have immediate effects, you will be a little higher but it is what there is, noIt can be done much more, any feverish state causes glycemia to rise.Nor should we get obsessed with having perfect glycemia when you are sick.

Regarding the particular case of influenza A I have not passed it but I think it has been alarmed more than the account these last two years, putting us tremendist dies more people for the "common" flu every year than for flu A. If you haveDoubts go to the doctor to see what he tells you but I think it happens in most cases just like a "common" flu.

I for a "common" flu take a frenadol.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/27/2011 6:26 a.m.

first;I don't know if you had vaccinated, but if you didn't, you should always do it, as a person of greatest risk you are (we are).
Secondly, with the flu you will pass a kind of "normal" flu.And like all the flu, because you will find yourself very very tired, you will have moderately high fever ... and you will not notice anything new that you have not already passed in other previous flu.
Glycemias assumes that, as with any infection or viral process, you will be altered.Try to do what you can, but it is difficult for you to get it.Anyway, do not worry, which will only be a matter of a few days.
And meanwhile, maximum hygiene in your home.Wash your hands very frequently;almost sickly.Thus the risk of infection is greatly minimized.Do not share things that suppose danger of infection ... and encouragement.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/27/2011 6:30 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Thank you very much TNT.To me the braking is always great, but this time he has caught me that I did not have at home, and I have only taken paracetamol.This afternoon I'm going to the emergency room and I'll tell you what they tell me.Actually, the flu does not scare me, but yesterday my nephew's pediatrician did put us more fear for my wife than she is 7 months pregnant than for her if she is very dangerous.Well, to be patient, that when you leave one thing it gets into another.What a fabric.Thank you.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/27/2011 6:34 a.m.

Victor should have vaccinated you as Gondurulo tells you and more with your pregnant wife and a young son but in any case do not be alarmed and for this year you already know, do not stop vaccinating yourself.

DiabetesForo
01/27/2011 7:16 a.m.

Forgiveness is that it has happened to me to tell them, at work they force us to vaccinate us every year, of echo they said that this that they put this year going with a mixture of the common flu and the flu A. so I do not know why I have caughtThe one I caught.When I put it in November or there, catch a mini -chief, but normal when you get vaccinated, but now it is ... you have that I am Malico and that little I complain.ha ha.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/27/2011 7:19 a.m.

I agree with everyone in taking care of you as in another normal flu: ceiling, braking or similar for discomfort and monitoring glycemia, correcting every time it is necessary.Also hydrated a lot and rest what you can.

Regarding the vaccine, two things: does not avoid flu in all cases.In some avoid it, in others minimizes it and in some it does not work.

My daughter is not vaccinated, or think about her on the following occasions, because the side effects for her are more dangerous than the flu itself.

Health and that you better.

DiabetesForo
01/27/2011 7:44 a.m.

Hello:

I also vaccinated the flu this year and still, I am spending a few horrific days.I have an intestinal virus for a week, it has given me a three -day truce and yesterday I start again.It seems that the stomach pain is referring already but I have thrown to the first porridge that my mother gave me.For pain (I have no fever) I am taking ibuprofen.
By this I mean that it is always good to get vaccinated, because still, you can always end up taking other things, so the less fishing bugs ... the better for our controls ... and more if there are young children at home everything they catch inThe school or in the wardes, they will infect you, in fact this virus has given me my son who has brought him from school.The poor man has also been in home all week.

I hope you recover soon.

nella's profile photo
nella
01/27/2011 12:37 p.m.

I just arrived from emergency from 4 in the afternoon.Well, nothing, that I have done the test of flu A and it is not, thank God, it is normal, I have sent me ibuprofen, paracetamol, oseltamivir, that I am with a mask not to hit my wife and sleep in a room apart.Let's go almost na.But well, I have already been quieter, the level of glycemia because it has not given importance because it is normal in us, the only advantage that sneaks in emergencies before.And this, to drink liquid and rest.Thanks for the tips.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/27/2011 2:20 p.m.

Last year I passed the flu, just 1 week after vaccinating myself: Mrgreen:
Possibly it was flu A, since almost all were ...

DiabetesForo
01/27/2011 3:57 p.m.

Yes, sometimes vaccines play bad passages and develop the disease.It happened to me with the normal flu vaccine last year, with that of the flu A or found out.And this year nothing, waiting for some symptoms, I was waiting.

Victor, I hope it is better.I'm glad I wasn't flu

nella's profile photo
nella
01/31/2011 3:40 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.