Metformin

josealmeri's profile photo   01/30/2011 12:23 p.m.

I wanted to ask one thing, after taking off my insulin they sent me this medication I started with 2 per day but in par of weeks I took 1 because I lowered to 80 or less. There is good, a month they put me 1 day if another no.It did not go wrong, well the thing is that in September in the morning I had it from 150 to 200, went to the doctor and told me that I had to take 3 that I did, but a week my body did not endure that, the stomach meFundal breakdown so he had to change and take 1 per day.

The doctor who prescribed the 3 was the substitute of my doctor. When I returned my doctor told him and I eneled my ultimate results 135 with less dose, I told him that if I need to go to the endo and told me not that everything is fine.What do you think ??

josealmeri's profile photo
josealmeri
01/30/2011 12:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, decisions must be made with many more data and more time ... for several glycemia, you cannot make the decision to eliminate, raise or lower a dose of metformin ... glycosylated hemoglobin is much more reliable to make decisions.

I think your doctor should do 3 things:
- Send you to the Educator Nurse in Diabetes
- Send you to make a glycemia profile 1 time to the week to adjust the treatment
- Program the necessary glycosylated reviews every 2-3 months

Stomach discomforts are frequent, they are usually the beginning and then disappear, you always have to take metformin together or after meals.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/30/2011 1:45 p.m.

I passed through the educator and 2 endocrine, they were the ones who gave me the metformin, the changes was the doctor, but as I said they are 5 min of consultation and they carefully serve you, so this week I will go privately, I prefer to spend themoney but that they attend to me well. Now I am going well, I only had the problem in the morning and I already returned to normal. But I want to be better informed and that I solve the doubts, not to go and leave worse.

josealmeri's profile photo
josealmeri
01/30/2011 4:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.