{'en': 'Can my six -year -old diabetic be?', 'es': '¿Puede ser mi hija de seis años diabética?'} Image

Can my six -year -old diabetic be?

Elemaba's profile photo   06/30/2014 8:30 p.m.

Good night,

I am the mother of a six -year -old girl.At school the teacher warned me that the girl had many headaches, she also started falling her hair.They made an analytical and had glucose in 123 and glycosylated hemoglobin at 6.4.

The endocrine told me that new analytics had to do (still pending) and that we would measure him every day and two hours after meals and two after dinner the glucose with a glyco meter that the doctor has left us.

The fact is that fasting glucose is coming out in approximately 135 every day however when I do it at two hours of lunch and dinner it is fine because they usually get 117 normally.

Can you tell me how this data should be interpreted with the values ​​that we have on an empty stomach?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
06/30/2014 8:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They are not alarming levels, but certainly, that glucose in 123 and the glycosilada in 6.4 are above normal.
It only remains to wait, there is no other remedy.
Go seeing evolution, with the medicons you are doing, new analytics and then the endocrine will decide.
I hope is something passenger and your daughter does not enter this club.We wish you from the heart.But if it were, remember that life always continues.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/01/2014 4:19 a.m.

Thank you, today we have gone to your social security pediatrician and he has told us that with the values ​​that have come out fasting in the 131th glucometer yesterday and 124 today our daughter is clearly diabetic ...
He has told us that they will make a glucose curve of those that you take a syrup with sugar and then make measurements and that he thinks you will have to enter it to make a glycemic profile.
To top it off when we have told him that we are going to a holiday hotel on Sunday, it seemed a little madness and he told me that in the controls there more than 126 would have to go to a hospital and that they would leave her admitted ...
Is it all like that?I resist believing that it is all so radical and much less to have to tell my six -year -old daughter that she can't go on vacation when she has been waiting for so long and with her briefcase already made ...
Can you help me please?Thank you

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/01/2014 11:27 a.m.

Hello.Weight loss, urinating many times, headache, fatigue ... but there is also the "honeymoon" that is when our pancreas still works, we have reservations and more or less we keep with more or less acceptable figures such as theYour daughter figures and of course those symptoms are not evidenced, until the reserves are finished.
And it is seen that he has been with them so at least about 3 months because of the hemoglobin he has.
They would have to do it analysis by asking for the antibodies and the pancreatic reserve.
I imagine that the doctor wants to prevent it if it really is diabetic, do not have an abrupt climb and give you a substitute and if the tests are positive to extend this honeymoon.
Let's see 126 in a diabetic is a good figure, in a child it is a tall tad but not so that you have to buzz to the emergency room, nothing will happen or nothing is going to be noticed, neither with 150 either but that ifIt is telling us that something fails.
If you finally go (I don't know how long you had thought) continue controlling before meals and very important 2 hours later.That eat normal as always but avoids the juices, sweets, coca-colas everything that causes him to rise quickly through preventing him from raising him a lot (potatoes, pasta, legumes, lacquers, fruits and pan-cereal are also sugarbut of another type much slower) and spend a few "relatively agusta" days.
And on the way back, man would be better before but ...
I hope it is one of those strange things that happen from time to time and that everything stays in a scare, but if you go down, you can control and lead a more or less normal life.
They diagnosed me with 13 years and here I am 23 years later without any complication.
And anything here we are here to help

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/01/2014 2:02 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Gala you have said it very well and you have unfolded it, I thank you since I wanted to comment but I did not know how to do it.
The alarm value and running where would you put it?In 200?
Of course, starting to be thirsty and urinating a lot is to start running

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
07/01/2014 4:38 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

Man when you have those symptoms you surely have much more than 200 and you have been like that.
Up to 150, I believe in a non -diabetic, (for letting her pass these days of vacation but on the way back it would be how 1 I would do) although nothing is going to be noticed, nothing,
We are admitted as normal until 180 after meals, but having 250 or 350 in a person already diagnosed is not to go to the hospital, we are supposed to know how we act because if many of us would spend many days in the emergency room.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/01/2014 5:02 p.m.

Thank you very much for your explanation.I am worried because I am still that it is a false alarm and that my daughter has no diabetes ....
The values ​​that I have given you 131 is on an empty stomach.Two hours after eating they usually around 126 which is very good.
I have doubts with what you have told me and if you do not mind proceeding to ask:
What concrete tests are those antibodies and reserve pancreatic?How do they appear in the analytics?I don't know if they asked me
Then when you tell me that I must run with 150, 200 .. what is fasting?Two hours after meals?And finally I noticed, right?How do you say the girl would be thirst and urinate a lot suddenly right?Would that mean that it has a sugar rise?And if it gave it a descent?What symptoms does it give?Forgive what I asked so much but I have no one diabetic in the family and we are absolute unknown of the disease and we are scared.
Thanks for your help.

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/01/2014 7:19 p.m.

It begins to lose sugar through the urine from 180 so as long as it does not reach that level, serious problems are not yet begun.
You have strips to measure with what you can control the situation.
The dangerous situation is ketoacidosis and occurs with values ​​above 300 and in addition to urinating the breath smells like apple, so before it becomes bad there are several notices and above all I insist that you have the strips to measure the glucose.
As for after the meals, it is a little lower than before it has a logic although explaining it to you now is liarte.
Try not to eat sugar to prevent the pancreas from having to strive.
Have a lot of encouragement and above all try to be calm because if the girl sees you scared even if you do not know why, it also scared, and that destabilizes a lot.
As they have told you at the beginning, I also wish you every heart that I don't enter this club ... and you have all my best wishes

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
07/01/2014 8:38 p.m.

I do not know how to tell you exactly how it appears in the analytics, I will investigate a bit (in my debutante times there was not that and now obviously they no longer ask me)
I advise you to do with a glucometer and throw and do it controls, before and 2 hours of breakfast, before and 2 h after eating and before and 2 hours after dinner, it is what we call profiles, so thatThese days you are going out you are quieter and if it goes on to be able to see it.
If he continues with those figures, he will not have any symptoms or any problem because they are not very disparate to normal values ​​(70-110 on an emptyno and before meals and up to 140, 2 hours after them) and with 200 surely he will surely have nosymptoms, it has to be higher to appear and for several days, it would also be hungry, sometimes nausea ... that's why I tell you that you better wear the machine and you have controlled it.
Let's see if it is put in 200, then, but what you are stable in those figures,
The symptoms of the descents are usually: cold sweat (it is sweating but when touching it it is cold), paleness, tremor (the fingers, hands, drowsiness, confusion., Irratability ...), that is what you can notice it ...
Things she would notice (not always but most of the time), feeling of weakness, hunger, tremor, blurred vision, headache, tingling in the tongue, dizziness, tawuicardia ...
Do not overwhelm you ahead of time and see how the analyzes give

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/01/2014 8:46 p.m.

I forgot ...
For reasons that it is not necessary to explain them now, in the phase in which your daughter cannot have hypoglycemia, from Niguna in the ways, so do not worry about that

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
07/01/2014 8:47 p.m.

@ernesto, we have crossed

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/01/2014 8:54 p.m.

The antibody analysis is the GDA (it tells us how much immunity to pancreas is attacking) and the other is the CEptide C (which tells us how much insulin is segregating the pancreas)

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
07/01/2014 8:55 p.m.

This is gala

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
07/01/2014 8:55 p.m.

THANK YOU !!Thank you for the help.I get a world because it is complicated to me ..
Anyway one last question, with the values ​​my daughter has, can it be finally diabetic?
If in a blood analytics it is normal, it is not despite the data that is marking the ease glucometer?
Thank you

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/01/2014 9:10 p.m.

Elemaba, the glucometers can have an error of up to 15%, but, in the analytics they have done, a value higher than normal does come out.The strange thing is that it does not have an abrupt beginning, as usually happens in children.
You will have to continue in study.I think that with me for twice a day (tomorrow and night), you can avoid the danger of ketoacidosis and spend the quiet holidays.But, if you see a value of 200 .., running to the hospital.
We can't tell you anymore ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/01/2014 10:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And, as they have told you, as long as it is not insulin, there is no danger of hypoglycemia.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/01/2014 10:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much to everyone.
Yes I see a value of 200 on an empty stomach or two hours of having eaten?Or is that a lot already fasting ... ????
Well perhaps in the end it is diabetic, I would have hit suddenly as normal in children what happens that for other reasons an analytical was done and that is what I have allowed us to know perhaps before when it was due.

Thank you thanks.(Today we will do another blood analytical)

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/02/2014 12:18 a.m.

There is a book that is adequate for you that is "type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents" by Ragnar Hanar
In this book he explains with a graph that the pancreas suffers attacks of immunity that are damaging until the final traca arrives in which the face gives.
You may be that you are watching her in this process.
As for after meals of a lower value than an emptyards, it makes sense since the pancreas produces two types of hormones associated with insulin and one of them (amiline) regulates the absorption of glucose from the intestine to the blood andWhen Eat is released and helps after meals, blood glucose is regulated a little better.And since your daughter still has a pancreas you see that effect

The criterion for declare diabetes is that any of these values ​​although the others are not present
A) fasting glycemia of more than 8 hours greater than 126 in plasma (this is in the blood of the vein, not in puncture in the finger)
B) Plasma glycemia at any time greater than 200
C) glycosylated hemoglobin greater than 6.5
The sulfty measured at the tip of the finger (also called peripheral) is always lower than the central (in vein) although I have found a lot of disparity between the accepted values ​​so I dare not give you a figure

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
07/02/2014 4:18 p.m.

Thanks for the Ernesto explanation.
We are going to the endocrine and tells us that tranquility because in the last analytics in vein I greet us 98 of glucose and symptom glyclobin and has dropped to 6.1 but on the other hand of the laboratory they have called me this morning telling me that the peptic C has come out low(0.50) and that there was more blood that had been missing for antibodies
On the other hand I believed that the test on the finger gave greater values ​​than in blood because as the vein analyzes that we have done have left lower than later the day to day with the glucometer ... it is having in a fast about 127every day...
The low C peptide means safe diabetes?
Thanks for your great help

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/09/2014 11:32 a.m.

The C is the amount of insulin that is manufacturing your body, for each insulin molecule another is manufactured.
Yes ... 0.5 is very low ...
The key fact is the antibody, so that you take care of the GDA must give between 0.0 and 5.0 so when they give it to you, it really knows what happens

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
07/09/2014 12:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.