Strokes with stem cells.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/04/2011 8:13 a.m.

Link ... isoc_5/tes

It seems that the future of stem cells will not be so simple, at least adults.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/04/2011 8:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

On this subject, I see so much to reprogram or create stem cells (which is a fairly advanced theme) as in (and here is the mother of the lamb) prevent these cells from being again destroyed by our T lymphocytes.
The biggest problem is in the marrow, which is where the "database of good and bad" is and that is where our body continues to think that insulin cells are pathogenic agents.We must be able to get our body not to reject the new cells no matter how clonic they are.And in that matter ... you still don't have much idea.
Therefore, a possible plausible solution (and in which something is being made) is to somehow protect the new insulin producing cells inoculated in the patient, so that, on the one hand, they are able to react to theenvironment and release or non -insulin depending on circulating glucose.And on the other, that are absolutely immune (due to that encapsulation) to the attacks of the immune system.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/04/2011 8:29 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

We agree that the battle horse should be autoimmunity.

In fact, I am convinced that, as long as it is not investigated much more in that field and solutions are found, well discovering the causes and eliminating them (quite utopian thing, I fear), either developing some type of vaccines or effective treatments against that autoimmunity, everything that goes forward in other lands will only be patches.Patches of better or worse quality, more or less durable, more or less effective, but patches at last.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/04/2011 11:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.