Type I diabetic since the age of 11

Enrike89's profile photo   02/06/2011 10 p.m.

Hello everyone, I introduce myself.My name is Enrique, I'm from Valencia and I am currently 21 years old.As indicated in the issue of the post debuted with diabetes at 11 years (I will never forget that date).

Well, I wanted to join this forum and be part of you because so far I have never met any diabetic person to be able to share, ask, comment .. I have always been a denied, since as a child I have never gone to excursions by shame toClick in front of people (although I currently continue with that shame since I do not attend many dinners of friends and such).

When I was diagnosed with this problem I started with quite good hemoglobins, between 5 and 6, always thinking about what I ate, I was scared when I went from 250 sugar, etc. but what happens, that over time I have left that concernaside, and although I have never stopped pricking, because I have passed a little of the meals and that, and tubed 200 that 300 was totally indifferent, doing only 2 daily controls and clicking the lantus with changes of up to 4 and 5 hours ofone day to another for simple oblivion ..

Now I have been on 2 years that I do not under the 8 and 9 peak hemo, and in this last visit I set out to change and start worrying more and take care of myself for tomorrow.Of course, as I have always gone from counting the HC rations that, how and what I should click quickly with each ration etc .. I really do not understand it at all and now I see myself an useless without knowing how to carry a diseasethat I keep her 10 years ...

Well I tell you the lifestyle and insulin that I am currently administered so you can get an idea.I work in a transport warehouse in the afternoon, I mean that I spend calories continuously.What happens, that I punctured the Lantus at noon and when I was going to work as the first hours they are when I had more effect, because it gave me many dirty at work, I told the endocrine of changing the lantus at night and it seemsThat's how better in the afternoon.I currently shed 34 units of Lantus at 00:00 at night and depending on what eats 7 or 8 units of apidra to food and dinner that are the only big meals I do.

Well, with this I wanted to introduce myself to all of you as 1 more diabetic, hehe to see if I know diabetic people to share experiences and in passing I am a bit of the shame that I still have to tell what happens to people.

Greetings to all!

Enrike89's profile photo
Enrike89
02/06/2011 10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the Enrike forum: D ... how will you read in my signTime: d.
What you comment on having been very aware of diabetes and suddenly stop doing it, I think it is a logical process, product of fatigue and self -expendence, there comes a time when you saturate and relegate diabetes to a little more placesecondary, but that does not mean you have to neglect it ...
I believe that if you are here telling us this it is because you are worriedly being like this, and the consequences that can be brought in the future to be with such hemoglobins, and that we are here to help you in what you need ....
The ration count is quite easy, at first you will have to weigh everything, but the practice will make the "ojimeter" a fairly precise balance.Once you take into account the HC, S, you will also have to observe whether it is foods that are absorbed more quickly or less, that depends on the glycemic index that they have, on the way they have been cooked, etc ... andAlso observe the amount of fats that you are going to ingest ... Thus it seems complicated, but I assure you that it is easier than it seems.And then we only have to calculate the amount of insulin you would need for each ration that you are going to take.
Let's see if I look for a table.
With regard to what you have of the shame, you will have to be defeating it little by little and I think it would help you meet Chic@s
In your same situation.Let's see if Owash enters and tells you something, I don't know whether they will organize, or there will be some kind of activities in Valencia (as you see, Owash, nor have I mentioned it;)) .. and of course here in the forum we also have some we have someYoung people who will understand you perfectly ...
I see us ...
Much encouragement, and be sure if you want, you will get it.
All the best.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/07/2011 4:43 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

There I leave you the link

By the way, did you not consider the insulin bomb?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/07/2011 4:53 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello, what you say "by shame to click in front of the people (although I currently continue with that shame since I do not attend many dinners of friends and such).,

I don't understand you, you don't have to do it in front of people, but you want them to see you is as simple as going to the service and putting the insulin that corresponds to you ........
Moreover, in the restaurants, I put the insulin on the table with a little dissimulation.
And your friends know before you have much better for you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2011 6:37 a.m.

Hello, Enrike.

I am also the mother of a diabetic girl, who is now 17 years old and debuted almost nine.

It is normal that you have passed through a time of relaxation and rebellion.Do not worry, that nobody will judge you here, because we know perfectly what happens.And because our mission in the forum is to help each other.

The website that Velia has linked to you is the best thing to understand the issue of portions and others.

As for shame, there is nothing to be ashamed of.If you don't want them to see you, you are in your right and you can look for more discreet places to click, but not as shame?You don't do anything wrong.

If you are determined to take care of yourself and learn to handle yourself with the issue of rations and others, you can ask your endocrine to put an insulin bomb.In addition to improving control, you will not have to click on each meal and you can adjust insulin to the needs of each moment.

Anyway, for any questions, here you have us.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo
02/07/2011 12:44 p.m.

Let's see if Owash enters and tells you something, I don't know whether to be organized, or there will be some kind of activities in Valencia (as you see, Owash, nor have I mentioned it;))

: Mrgreen :: Mrgreen:
Very discreet, yes;) :))

As for the Knadas, I know that at the national level the Federation of Diabetics organizes some youth macroked, rather of pears but something is something.I don't know if for this year they will do something ... Maybe Gondurulo knows something.
In Valencia, no idea if they organize something ... years ago, when I debuted yes I was lucky to participate in some kedada in Valencia, but over time that was lost ... for whatever it was.

The shame .... Well, it is something that goes with age, in the case of diabetes it also passes over time.
It seems to me that a WC is not the most indicated place to puncture (more than anything for hygiene and discomfort in most cases) ... but come on, it is not unusual to do it at the WC (Click, I mean: Mrgreen :: Mrgreen :).

I have punctured all kinds of public sites and situations ... and nobody has ever told me anything.
I spend more time, I give it less importance ... I almost do it with impunity: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
02/07/2011 3:51 p.m.

Hello,

I understand you a little about the misunderstanding of clicking anywhere.At first I put insulin on any side including the table, but for a while this part, I suppose that you already tired of everyone asking you, they look at you with a grief and give explanations, when I am out I usually goTo the bathroom and I only tell you that I am diabetic to the people I have treatment with.

In my case, I am not exhaustive with meals.That is, no "weight" the carbohydrates that I am going to take, because among other things it seems to me a real ordeControl is bread (calculate by eye, for example, I know that half a bar can be 5 units if I am not going to exercise, as an integral bread that "goes up" less and satuates the same) and sink after eating (there is not much differenceBetween putting the insulin before starting to eat and put it 20 minutes later), which helps me to avoid hypoglycemia in those days that I get a little fair to meals (60 - 70).

If one day, for whatever, I spend and put myself in 200, because I do a little trap and put an extra of 2 units, but we go, normally the "lack of control" occurs when I left home.Anyway, for not thinking about "combined", breakfast almost always the same (so I know how I will get to food and avoid control), as more or less similar (the first dish is the only one that canBeing strong, varying from pasta salad, from second soil to take proteins: meat, fish, etc.I do controls only after eating and before going to sleep, and occasionally some in the morning and maybe before dinner, to know how I am going.

Lew's profile photo
Lew
02/07/2011 4:43 p.m.

Thank you all for your advice.At the moment I am clear that I want to start from 0 and I want to worry about my diabetes, for tomorrow I do not have a bad time with complications (although I also have them ..).

On clicking in public places I always go to the bathroom, but as you say there are always the questions that when they see you go to the bathroom with 1 backpack in your hand just when they take out the first dish they ask you what you had gone and it already touches youSpend part of the food or dinner explaining .. On the other hand so far the Lantus punctured it with any schedule change, because for example a weekend that left the disco, if I normally punctured it at 12 at night and toThat time had already planned to be at the disco, I could not prick it there ..: S Then I punctured it at home at 10 or so before leaving ... I know that I have made it fatal but now I am clear that if I haveTo click between car and car in the parking lot of a disco I will do it in order not to move the basal insulin.

Now I have been going from 200, some 218 or so but nothing exaggerated.I punctuate the lantus at night at 12 (with the alarm of the mobile programmed daily, XD) and in each meal between 5 and 8 units of apidra according to what you eat.I have been doing tests during these days every 2 or 3 hours and always climbs up to 150-180 and she only goes down again, it is not normal for the lantus to go to sugar with the hours or should simply keep it the same as it is.I will tell you if I have had any ups and downs with some type of food and such because at the moment I do not control much what each food carries.

Regarding the insulin bomb I have been listening to it for a long time, and reading for the forum I see that many people already have it.I have seen videos of how it is, its function and where and how it is click, and I have always had the same thought, that with the age I have I cannot carry 1 thing installed there all day .. I would make it impossible to me, I could not do, I could not doThe beast as now with friends how to take us and throw ourselves or push us crazy, because I think that carrying 1 needle always nailed would not let me have all those freedoms of mobility.
I would like you to tell me if that I think is or if nothing happens to take that there.

Well I thank everyone for helping me and I hope to be here for a long time, hehe.

All the best!

Enrike89's profile photo
Enrike89
02/07/2011 6:19 p.m.

Welcome Enrique ....

Well, what you think of the pump is not so ...: D, we do not wear any numbered needle, what remains in the body is a cannula like plastic, 6 millimeters in my case, you absolutely notice anything, nor does it hurt.... ahhh and the pump does not make absolutely anything, when necessary it is disconnected and the cannula is still inserted in the body and ready ....

DiabetesForo
02/08/2011 3:32 a.m.

For example, if I wear the cannula in the belly, something happens if I stretched it, stretch or something?I think I would always be aware of the site where I tub

Enrike89's profile photo
Enrike89
02/14/2011 11:26 p.m.

Enrique, although I do not carry a bomb I have the experience of my daughter (he is going to do 13 years and has been from the 7) and my husband, who I do not remember how many years are there .... The 2 make a normal life,Look, Angela at the Institute is doing acrosport (human pyramids), and carries her bomb hanging without preveting her function in the team .... I imagine that when they pay you all the attention will be focused on it, of course, the novelty, but I assure you that in a few days you will have forgotten that you carry it .... It must be like putting glasses, ufff is a foreign body in your face, but soon you are part of you .... It is logical that you have questions and doubts and that you express them, but in advance I tell you that I am convinced that you will not have problems, and you know, if it does not go well, you will always have the option to return to what you have.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/15/2011 4:14 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

more bestialities than a 4-5-year crio surely you don't do ... and if they carry it and do not break them ...: idea:

DiabetesForo
02/16/2011 1:33 p.m.

Welcome to this great forum

josealmeri's profile photo
josealmeri
02/16/2011 4:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.