75cc of glucose

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/08/2011 7:08 p.m.

greetings .

I would thank me for how much foods are equivalent, the 75cc glucose they give to take, to do the analysis with glucose load.

They are equivalent to eating 5 apples?
5 breads?
1 dish of beef casuela?

thank you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/08/2011 7:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not understand what you want this information if you consider doing any burdoo ... my advice, you don't even think about making a glucose curve at home

I think they are 75gr of glucose dissolved in water.If they are 75cc, it would be necessary to look at the density of the glucose and calculate the grams.

A ration of carbohydrates are 10 gr (you can look at the tables on rations online) so they are 7.5 portions.Think that glucose has a very high glycemic index (I suppose it will be the maximum).We are going that if the cattle dish you propose, it carries a lot of potato (7.5 rations) but they are floating in the beef fat, it does not equal the same situation.

tica's profile photo
tica
02/09/2011 3:17 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

A question, if my glucose tolerance test gives me 241 once I did it, but always the others like glycocyled hemoglobin gives me perfect and that of fasting too, plus the homa IR test, basal insulin etc. All that isWell, and more than hyperglycemia, what are dandl is symptoms of hypoglycemia, but with values ​​between 88 and 93, can it be said to be diabetic?Doctors say that I am not with my analytics, but that intolerance test gave me positive for the time I did it.What do you think?I do not take any medication.If they were diabetes, would type 2?Does that necessarily entail any medication?That is, if my objective values ​​are still without treatment?I have been in this situation for 5 years.I constantly check the fasting and postpandrial glucose, the highest value on an empty stomach has been 110, but I also have it many times between 90 and 100, and in postpandral it has always been normal with the exception of that test caused.Anyway, they could give me ideas.Greetings

yoan's profile photo
yoan
07/19/2020 11:04 p.m.

It seems that you have pre-diabetes.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/20/2020 12:12 a.m.

These tests are falling into disuse because they can cause serious damage, and trigger prematurely diabetes.It is best to go to an endocrinologist who will request a glycosylated hemoglobin test.A simpler, fast and reliable test.
And you cannot compare the glucose load of that old test with a food like apples, since this fruit is classified as a food or spending more energy to digest it than the one that provides you with the fruit.

MARIZUJIMENEZH's profile photo
MARIZUJIMENEZH
08/14/2020 7:11 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.