{'en': 'Relationship between peptide C and glucose?', 'es': '¿Relación entre Peptido C y glucosa?'} Image

Relationship between peptide C and glucose?

Elemaba's profile photo   07/20/2014 3:40 a.m.

Hello good morning,

A few weeks ago I consult in relation to my 6 -year -old daughter who was coming out of fasting blood a few days high (131) and glycosylated hemoglobin at 6.4.

The pediatrician had directly told us that it was diabetic but the endocrine told us that it had to measure him every day and test him.

The case is that after caring for sweet intake in the most recent analytics, glucose has lowered to 95 and hegemony at 5.5.

That is, phenomenal but the c peptide tells me the Q laboratory is too low (0.41).On the other hand, tisúlar transglutaminase is less than 0.01.

Does anyone know how to those already normal glucose values ​​can have much lower than normal c peptide?

Thank you!!

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/20/2014 3:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease, that is, the body for some unknown reason attacks itself ... in this case to insulin producing cells.These cells are still overnight, they are gradually destroyed.

Peptide C is an insulin indicator that produces the body.His daughter has been detected very soon, he still produces insulin but in analytics it is already seen that he is producing less.At the moment (I don't know how long ... it could be a few days/weeks/months) I could be worth taking careYou will have to inject it externally.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
07/20/2014 7:25 a.m.

Thank you very much for answering.We had the hope that the peptide C would go down for other things or that it was not significant if fasting sugar maintained normal values ​​... for us it is hard to assimilate this because we have no history and we have a total ignorance of the disease, ofThe life that you can lead as a girl, whether or not they will help us at school ... there are no hope that with these values ​​it may not be .... grace for help, really.

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/20/2014 12:01 p.m.

@Elemaba, sincerely, although the disease is a "channeling" in general, and especially for children, I can tell you that with a good learning and control of it is well.
My three -year -old son was diagnosed three months ago and we had it quite well.
Much encouragement and, above all, advise you to inform yourself everything you can, since it is the best help for your daughter.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
07/20/2014 1:15 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Thank you very much for the mood.If the case will ask you the best way to inform yourself and learn to take it.Graciad

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/20/2014 6:49 p.m.

Hi Elemaba, I will try to explain the peptide C.
The pancreas has several types of cells and the one that fails diabetics is beta.
Beta produce three things (which is currently known) insulin, peptide C and amiline.Insulin and peptide C produces them in equal parts, that is, for each insulin molecule produces another of peptide C so measuring the peptide C we know how much insulin it is producing ... the amiline produces it in much smaller quantity (as 1 moleculaFor every 20 of the others) but it is the one that regulates the speed of glucose absorption and that hormone is what makes after eating, in the phase that your daughter is, the glucose value falls.
At the moment you cannot do anything other than be attentive and wait ...
Desperate I know, but all the diabetics have gone through there and you are lucky that you will not end up entering emergency with ketoacidosis to life or death as between me ... for example.
Greetings and have all my support

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
07/20/2014 7:47 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

But then there is no possibility that it is something occasional or that the peptide C is low due to other things that can cause a temporary and reversible descent is not ??That is our big doubt.
Thanks Ernesto.

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/20/2014 8:01 p.m.

In medicine/biology there can always be a cause that science does not know or has not taken into account, but the evolution of diabetes 1 according to all the data I have seems as if immunity were giving "blows" to the pancreas untilIt fails completely, and between attacks, in the first it is recovered, but less and fewer beta cells are ...
On the other hand, transglutaminase is an indicator of celiac disease, that is, gluten allergy that in principle has nothing to do with diabetes, although I think that remembering that 10% of diabetics 1 are allergic to gluten

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
07/20/2014 8:39 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

Thanks Ernesto.What we will do is look for a good children's diabetologist and take it (we are already going to a general endocrine) and to see what he tells us.Thank you very much for your help and dedication.

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/20/2014 10:39 p.m.

Ernesto, it's nice to read you, you see that you know ...
Elemaba, the disease is a great put ***, but you have to control it and be able to live with it as well as possible.If others have made it sure that your child can also, encourage!

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
07/21/2014 3:29 p.m.

I elected my son Tomás who is five years old today, he crossed something if.The analysis gave expected values ​​and the very low C peptide.We felt, with my husband, that the world came to us, we did not know if it would take days, weeks, months ... it took almost a year when I started with insulin. All that time with the glucometer, measuring at different times of theDay, sometimes when he got up, sometimes two hours after eating, or if he ate something sweet, until his values ​​began to climb and the diabogolo decided to start with insulin, the Prinio with NPH only in the morning, then twice NPHand covered well and since May of this year before each meal and the basal.Luckily you, like us, detect it in time, take advantage of this time to educate, learn, read, I know it's a lot of information, and I also imagine how you should feel, I was with my husband like you.But it will be a process for you and your daughter and we are lucky, who did not discover your diabetes by urgently entering a hospital running your life.It will be fine, with care!And his potatoes present.
Ask what they want in this forum, they accompany me a lot!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/30/2017 7:51 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@Elemaba I don't want to put you with false hopes because you most likely will end up developing diabetes anyway.But still if I were in your place I would like to know to try even if it is useless.
There are some studies that relate gluten consumption and cow's milk at an early age at greater risk of developing type 1 diabetes in the future.For example, in the case of milk, giving cow's milk to children under 1 year seems to multiply the risk of developing type 1 diabetes and gluten has always been quite related to type 1 diabetes.10% of type 1 diabetics are gluten intolerant and that is a very high percentage considering that both are uncommon diseases.
Maybe you can help your daughter eliminate gluten and dairy out of her diet.Surely it does not work as it but for trying, you don't lose anything.Of course, I recommend that you do not replace cereal -based products with their gluten -free versions since they are usually even more harmful to health than normal.The best thing is undoubtedly eliminating the cereals from the diet and can occasionally give a whim of something without gluten.Cereals and dairy products do not contribute anything that cannot be obtained from other foods such as vegetables, meat, fish, eggs ... so I should not worry that you have nutritional deficiencies for that.Anyway you can inform yourself with a good nutritionist to see what advises you if you want to try.I am not a nutritionist or anything similar, what is to read a lot about the subject but I am not an expert.
You can also ask your doctor to do a blood test to see if you can have some gluten intolerant.It is possible that it is intolerant without being celiac, much of the people are and does not know until they leave gluten and see that their digestions improve a lot.

Looking online I have only managed to find a case (which I don't even know to what extent it is true) of a child named Alexander (in case you want to look for it and read the story) that has managed to extend the honeymoon carrying a ketogenic diet withoutgluten.In the case of your daughter who has not yet developed her at all, I don't think it is necessary.This child also does not drink milk although cheese and yogurt (fermented dairy products are better than non -fermented).Leaving it for a while you can also check if he had some intolerance if you see that he is better than before.
My advice is that you report everything you can about these things that I tell you and then decide what seems best to your daughter.And if you need help with something you can ask what you need, I can advise you from my experience or recommend books on food written by experts who are up to date with the latest scientific studies that are published.I have been with a diet to go down in hydrates, without cereals or processed products (although most of the days does not become ketogenic) and I do very well.The cereals like from time to time away because they don't feel bad.Dairy also as although milk very little and I have no nutritional lack, all my analytics are perfect.

I also advise you to learn everything you can about diabetes to be prepared.It is a complicated disease that has been adapting for all the information to be assimilated for some time.
Much encouragement and if in the end the day comes when you develop diabetes completely, in this forum you can find a lot of information and advice that will help you take it as well as possible.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/31/2017 10:03 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I agree with what Yesssiac-a tells you, although I have little specific weight as a diabetic.
The year to diagnose the diabetes, I was uploaded by their indexes, I do not remember the numbers but of the doctor's alarm face.I prescribed something with little hope of avoiding insulin.Then I decided to try the stevia grass and the analytical indices returned to values ​​of subsist only with metformin.So spent a year, then more problems came and insulin.But perhaps, if it had also followed a regime like the one that tells you Yesssica, the moon and honey could have prolonged.

On the other hand, laboratory mice are proven celiacy with intestinal worms.You can ask for a feces from the doctor, although as there are so many types of parasites, some will not even be cataloged, and their traces have to come out in those samples, they may be only relatively effective.But if they leave, for them.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/16/2017 8:27 p.m.

Hi @Elemaba continues your daughter controlling only with a diet.I have a 12 -year -old son with a very similar case, with 0.32 peptideIt will take the reservation to exhaust ...

jleo's profile photo
jleo
10/09/2023 4:39 p.m.

@jleo @elemaba I wish you the best for those little ones ... with all my heart.
Nothing is impossible ... so who knows ...

I only write you to tell you my experience.I debuted as a diabetic with 4 years, I have 37. I am talking about the year 90 ... I knew so little about this ... my parents noticed something weird in me (a lot of tiredness, a lot of thirst, nightfall when I already controlledThe urination for a long time, a lot of hunger, had curiously strips of ketone bodies and were positive ...), and my father who worked in a hospital asked and told him to take me to the hospital at that time.When they diagnosed me the first thing they asked is if I was going to die.The answer was: no.
I tell you all this to see ignorance, and despair ...

And here I am ... 33 years later.It has been difficult, and it is, sometimes much ... I do not deny it.But I'm here.And your children will be the case, the same ...
That it is an enoooooome p*tada, it is ... but when the time you will go ahead.
I have spent my years of childhood, my adolescence, my youth ... with limitations, but I have passed them.
First with the terrible and road needles, then the feathers, then ... better insulins, more information ... Who does not know someone now with diabetes (although I have no idea what it implies)?And the sensors that have made our lives easier.

Everything is changing.I hid before to prick, it seemed a drug addict ... Now I shed and see it normal ... they have known it in the school, in the insti, the uni, at work ... everywhere.

You are always going to find help, there are always nice and good people who are involved ... and the children if they see you calm, will assimilate it, they will be participatory and adapt ...
Children with diabetes, if we see our parents cry, hide, not tell us what happens and come tests, we scare and suffer a lot (that happened to me).If we see that you are well, although we know that something is happening, our world does not collapse and adapt quickly ...

I really know that it does not comfort ... it is a p*tada of the fat people ... and there is a lot... And above all, you do not have to ask the question that my parents once asked, because your children go here.

A giant hug.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/17/2023 12:07 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

I explain where the C -Peptide comes from, in this way its relationship with insulin will better understand.Insulin is a protection, as in many other proteïna, beta cells do not directly systemize the insulin hormone but a prohormone, a greater protection than insulin without hormonal activity (proinsulin).Subsequent this protection is divided into two parts giving rise to an insulin and a peptide C. Therefore there is a direct relationship between the amount of c peptide that we synthesize and insulin.This elimination of peptide C from the proinsulin chain is necessary to activate the hormone.If we have little peptide C is that we manufacture little insulin.Among other things, it allows us to differentiate a type II of a type I. In type II what there is is a peripheral resistència to insulin, the phàbric pancreas insulin to the fullest però the cells do not answer, it is not that it is insulin.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
10/25/2023 8:43 a.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

@Ignasi_p
Well, I disagree a little.I am almost 2 without peptide C and without insulin resistance.
What distinguishes a type 1 of a 2 are the antibodies, not the resistance (which even typical of type 2 does not occur in all and also occurs in some type1)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/25/2023 10:42 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
@ignasi_p
Well, I disagree a little.I am almost 2 without peptide C and without insulin resistance.
What distinguishes a type 1 of a 2 are the antibodies, not the resistance (which although typical of type 2 does not occur in all and also occurs in some type1)

@Ignasi_p @isabelBota Hello, the diagnosis I think is according to the endocrine, I have your same situation @isabelbota and they are treating me as type 1. The antibody tests gave negative but my pancreas is almost exhausted

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
10/25/2023 1:27 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.