Help with remaining insulin

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/10/2011 9:26 a.m.

Hello everyone I wanted to have if you could give me your opinion and help I have a unopening insulin box and that expires in 2012 and I would like to give it to someone who could need but clear the problem is that how it has to be in theI don't know how I could send it to someone who needed it, I had thought to take her to the pharmacy but then I thought that better give it to whom I could need to tell me how I would do to send it if someone asked me or where I could take her to help someone isthat changed my insulin and now I use insulating and I'm no longer going to use the less less than your opinion

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/10/2011 9:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You could take it to the Red Cross, doctors without borders, mundi pharmaceutical or even immigrant reception centers.

Another option is to take it to the recycling point of the pharmacy.

DiabetesForo
02/10/2011 12:09 p.m.

Thanks Owash tomorrow I will approach the Red Cross and ask if they pick itThey would give someone who could need it and since I don't need it anymore because someone who needs it because I take advantage of it

DiabetesForo
02/10/2011 12:24 p.m.

Hello

It happened to me when I changed mixed insulinas for Lantus and Novorapid.I had a box to open.
I went to my pharmacy and asked if I knew someone to use that insulin (I don't remember what it was called) and they told me yes, they had a client who used it.So they stayed to give it to him.

I hope you find a better solution than recycling.
Greetings

nella's profile photo
nella
02/11/2011 5:47 a.m.

I have 4 bolis of Levemir and 2 of Novorapid. In that case, the box being open, but the unused bolis ... that I take them, to the point sigre?(I think it's called that ...)

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/11/2011 7:03 a.m.

Hello everyone thanks for your answers already take them this morning to the Red Cross, it is very happy since there are people who cannot allow it so you will surely reach people who need it

DiabetesForo
02/11/2011 8:13 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.