{'en': 'Win the Miss Idaho crown parading with an insulin pump', 'es': 'Gana la corona de Miss Idaho desfilando con una bomba de insulina'} Image

Win the Miss Idaho crown parading with an insulin pump

fer's profile photo   07/21/2014 4:39 a.m.

The American model Sierra Sandison has crowned Miss Idaho after beating another 19 models in a bathing suit in which parade carrying an insulin pump.

He suffers from type 1 diabetes and has now become an example of overcoming for many people with his illness.

With only 20 years of age, the Sierra Sandison model has become, not only in Miss Idaho (USA), but also a real heroin for many people who, like her, suffer from diabetes disease.

Leaving the shame behind, he participated in a bathing costume competition in which he was crowned as a winner parading next to the insulin bomb that helps him regulate blood sugar.

He beat 19 other models before proclaiming himself winner, but beyond, his real achievement is to defeat every day with a smile to the type diabetes he suffers, developing his work and passion without complexes."To carry an insulin bomb, does not make you less beautiful," he said while invited people affected by this disease or any other similar to show on social networks that they are also willing to break the barriers than the disease andSociety tries to impose.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/21/2014 4:39 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fer said:
Your true achievement is to overcome every day with a smile to the type diabetes that you suffer ...
>
I have searched in Google and nothing comes out of type A diabetes. Can you also say so at 1 or is it an error of the source of the news?

That if in almost all references to this news they have the same error.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/21/2014 6:21 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

True!, Is type 1 diabetes, sure, a errata that has spread!

fer's profile photo
fer
07/21/2014 6:56 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I like it!With a couple!

tica's profile photo
tica
07/21/2014 7:06 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

And seeing the photo on the right, where his face looks good ... it does not seem to be 20, I would say he appears more than thirty.

Link

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/21/2014 7:49 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I don't know if it is really good or bad to spread this news.It is perhaps negative in the sense that they present us to the most limited diabetics than we are.That is, they come to tell us: look at this person, with diabetes (that is, a poor patient), which he has achieved.Certainly our disease can limit us in many matters, but in general it is always repeating that we can make normal life, what do these things come from?
On the other hand, except for the courage to publicly recognize your illness, parade with a bomb I do not think it is such an extraordinary achievement.
But well, there is no evil that for good does not come, and at least for us the male, to take a look at a lady parading with such beauty is always gratifying.That is, I think we would all like to play to "find" the bomb to see why site carries it ... axis
Greetings and good summer.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/22/2014 8:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Miguel For my parade with the bombasi is an achieveI'm thinking about this I can no longer wear it for, I will see me etc and I am already thinking that next summer I am going to do because I know that I will feel bad.
Surely I get used to it but for me to see what comes out with the pump I illustrate ...
All the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
07/22/2014 9:04 p.m.

Hello everyone!, Here the important thing is not that a diabetic comes out on the covers, if not, that you can talk about diabetes normally! And I think news like this helps people understand better that means being diabetic.

In your case @campanilla, I think it would be great for someone to see that you carry the bomb and tell you that you are the same as the model of this news! It is a way of normalizing and you take a pressure, don't you think?

fer's profile photo
fer
07/23/2014 4:12 a.m.

Yessss!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/23/2014 4:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I also think it's great news!I have the bomb since November and it is incredible what it costs me sometimes to decide to put on (more than normal in a girl, which is not little hahaha).It is clear, I am one of those people who do anything so that the bomb is not seen and not even noticed.I am almost an expert in camouflage now, but it takes time hehe there are other people who do not care and smell for them but for now I avoid by all the means that is seen.

That is why it seems great to me that this girl has had the ovaries to go to parade with the bomb and that she has won.Very good for her and the jury that has chosen it, which has made diabetes look normally.

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
07/23/2014 5:22 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Could you put the link? ... I want to send the news to a few people :-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
07/24/2014 3:54 p.m.

Hi @roar I suggest that you give you the "Share" option of this thread and can you choose to send by mail among many other options, do you think?

The news has come out in several media, if the sharing is not going, diminish it and I send you link, ok?

fer's profile photo
fer
07/24/2014 4:12 p.m.

@campanilla I have a bomb and I am 21 years old as we all like fashion and models haha ​​I have to say that I at the beginning because I did not illusion the idea that the bomb saw me for not giving splica fuck noI like to start with the poor and sick poor ... and other nonsense ... well what I was selling belts and things to get it as best come to you and as a advice in the bra notices nothing ...Apart of that for the Miss I'm glad that they do not put barriers in that aspect taking into account that if you are a mother you cannot be miss no matter how pretty you are ...

otti's profile photo
otti
07/24/2014 4:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.