Diabetesss

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/22/2014 8:53 p.m.

Hello, my name is Madeline and I am 17 years old ... well the first time I discovered that it was diabetes was when I was 12 years old: |When I knew I had diabetes I ignored me, that didn't matter if I gave me something or if I died: -s, inherited this disease from my mother my mother has diabetes since childhood ... Anyway two years ago IHe gave a pre-infarction just because I don't take care of me (because I don't take care of me so far), and when I gave me that I had my glucose level in 500 and it was almost to stay in a coma :( :( :( .. goodSince then I started seeing me with an endocrinologist since then I had a normal diet to take care of me, after that forgot my diet and came back to the same to eat everything with sugar and if I did it in hidingity or took advantage that I was going to turn yearsand ate everything as if it were a 5 -year -old girl .. I always say that the one who lives is to die, but I say it just because I think I am a malagrated person of life ... well that is something I can tell you..

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/22/2014 8:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Take care, if not, it will take its toll. Ask the doubts you have and read everything you can to inform you and improve the control.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/22/2014 10:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome to the Madeline forum! I think what you have explained is quite common, we all have better and worse times with diabetes, or rather, with the control of glycemia, what has happened or done no longer matters, here it is hereImportant is what you can do today to control yourself better, put simple objectives and see day by day, you will see how I will do better, encourage !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
07/23/2014 4:08 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Regina ah if I am in that, I am looking for more information and taking me from people who already have enough experience with this:)>- @Fer thanks!: X I will take me from your advice, because as well as you have told me to put on simple objectives, my diabetology has also told me anyway thanks.

DiabetesForo
07/23/2014 8:38 p.m.

What insulins do you use?If you use rapid at meals, you can eat everything, counting the rations of hydrates.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/23/2014 11:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Regina NPH, but if I use the rapid is when I have my level of glycemia quite high

DiabetesForo
07/24/2014 12:37 a.m.

Mady, with that insulin, control is difficult, and if you do not use mackerels, even more. Include yourself on the Lantus insulin, combined with the fast ones in the meals.You can eat everything, weighing the hydrates, and helping you with the glucometer.
Download the Paradummis diabetes book that Ana Mari has hung, to inform you well, although that should do your doctor. Where do you live?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/24/2014 1:23 a.m.

@Mady good I have 21 and they detected with 5 in my family there are more cases and all since childhood I think that every diabetic passes the time of the diet the insulin the sport and everything else ... I do not know if it would help you withSomething but it worked quite a lot to tell my friends since if we were going to party and I was tempting a candy there was always some that took it for my good ... Now here there are many things without sugar so it is less effort ...I hope I have helped you in something and take care of yourself because the worst thing is not that you die because once the suffering is ended for you, the worst is all the bad things that can happen to you before and with which it is Chungo to live day by day... A little kiss

otti's profile photo
otti
07/24/2014 10:36 a.m.

@Regina, I will download the book because I would be interestedthat the strong difficult for the control of my sugar.

@otti I understand you because in my family we are almost all diabetics and that of exercising was vague for those things, but now I will encourage them to do them for my health .. And that when I die it ends, the worst thing is that this disease meIt can harm my organs, because it is a disease that kills the silent and with the sweets I cannot see them because I feel what they call me, but what I do is that I do not even look at them so that they do not tempt me: (((::(( :-? ... Kisses!

DiabetesForo
07/24/2014 11:10 a.m.

Hello, I have diabetes since I am fifteen.Now I am 31 and I have no complication.When they entered me with three years, I say a very nice lady who told me: well that I take advantage, because the diabetics last up to 30.

And here we are, I mean that there are many advances (thank God) we can eat everything whenever you learn to play with insulin, food and sport.
Everything is learned, to be testing with yourself, that each one is affected in a different way.

And what I always say: we live with diabetes, not for diabetes.

melimperia's profile photo
melimperia
07/24/2014 11:27 a.m.

Mady, if you are type 2 and do not put insulin rapid before each meal, then you have to have a strict regime with carbohydrates.
Be sure that you are type2, because sometimes it is not well diagnosed and good control is not achieved without rapids.
What glucosylated hemoglobin do you have?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/24/2014 1:49 p.m.

Welcome, take care and follow the guidelines indicated by doctors.

A cordial greeting

DiabetesForo
07/24/2014 2:55 p.m.

@melimperia Ah that lasts until 30 I don't think so .. @regina If I have days starting to have a strict regime, if I am type 2 (good control is not achieved without rapids).Well, this will have to inform my diabetology everything I have learned here ... because I am definitely learning things that I really didn't know ..
@Berny Thank you!If in those things I am to follow the indications :)>-

DiabetesForo
07/24/2014 5:50 p.m.

Mady, to value your doctor. Share what your glycosylated hemoglobin value is. To have good control it has to be less than 7.
As well as the Lantus insulin, combined with fast at meals.
.You will see how, with interest and information, you can get good control.
A crowd and a lot of encouragement!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/24/2014 6:34 p.m.

Mady after reading what you have it seems to me that you are a MODY guy who is not a type 1 or 2 but rather something intermediate.
There are 6 guys from the MODY and each one has a history and an evolution so the first thing is to determine in which one you are and then that your diabetologist marks a guideline.
If you are looking at Wikipedia, you will see the 6 types and surely only with the description and that your mother also has it can classify it.
If you find terms that you don't understand copy them here and translate them into something that is understood
And have a lot of encouragement because it is much more "benign" than the 1 that I have ...

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
07/24/2014 7:38 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

@Regina thanks for your advice ...:)>- ;;) @ernesto if I am type 2 because I gave it to me through an analysis I think it was, I do not remember but I am a type 2

DiabetesForo
07/25/2014 9:27 p.m.

Of course we last more than 30 mandy.I'm talking about 27 years ago, when I was made that comment.

What I wanted to tell you is that things have changed a lot, now they let everything just let me eat vegetables and no pig.And little by little that has been changing, improving the lives of all those who have diabetes.

that we now have insulin and pills that facilitate control so as not to have complications.That is the end.Not having complications to have a most bearable quality of life as possible

melimperia's profile photo
melimperia
07/28/2014 6:33 a.m.

@melimperia Sii of course, ah if that has changed times this is the thing we can now eat those things, we can do it but not in excess, because ok that we use insulins or pills but remember that just for using that does notIt means that we can harm that food from disgust

DiabetesForo
07/28/2014 11:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.