DM1 insulin effects

ToRyN's profile photo   02/18/2011 8:57 p.m.

Hello, before commenting on my doubt I tell you a little about me:

I am DM1 10 months ago, I imagine that I still in honeymoon phase.
In the debut they marked a diet of 2500 calories although I will actually take over 2800-3000 (and I still die of hunger :))), I am of thin-natural complexion and I am 26 years old.As for insulin, I started with 12 unmurrenities at night and 18u fast for breakfast, food and dinner which in a couple of days down to half, from there I put me as a goal to always be with a glucose of 80-120 trying to reduce insulin little by little through a good diet, work and exercise.

At approximately 3 months go to use 5 units of slow insulin at night keeping my 80-130 during the day.In each one I have understood the absorption time is different, I after eating at 2horas was between 110 and 140. Soon they recommended me to clean the liver through homeopathic medicines (everything that is to improve without risks ahead with it),I don't know if this would have helped me or not.

A month and a half ago I had glycosylated hemoglobin in 5.6 and used quick insulin, more or less 2-3 units before eating according to the type of food.The reason was to try to be in those 80-120 in maximum 2 hours after eating and not 2-3 hours.
The first 2-3 days did well but then my sugar began to get out of control.I got up between 120-160 when before it always made it between 80 and 110 and after eating at two hours it was around 140-180.I tried to get the slow insulin to get up better but did not take effect so I played new tests, I started taking 1 liter of Estevia a day in infusion and I removed the fast insulin again and lower the slow.

I am currently leveling them after eating at the desired levels 80-120 and I still test the slow insulin units now.

My doubts is what can be the reason that the fast insulin was lacking sugar, even sometimes I went down and suddenly I began to rise (maybe I used to lay with 115 and I got up with 140, when without fast insulin I always lifted mewith somewhat less sugar than when bedtime).The Boligraph was not expired or anything anyway also changed it to a new one within a few days.

I also have doubts in whether it can be bad to lower the doses or if on the contrary while my levels are good I can continue doing it (between today and tomorrow I see that I am going without fast or slow, we will see that I am sleeping from thenerves that I hit a hypo or hyper).The next thing I am going to try part of continuing with Estevia is a colon cleaning that they have told me that it is very good, I am before taking time to see some conferences that have given me and videos and information online.

Greetings and thanks for reading me: P

ToRyN's profile photo
ToRyN
02/18/2011 8:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum
I have not understood much about your message:-/: well, I have not understood anything.

When you say fast insulin you will refer to Novorapid or Humalog or Apidra ... I guess.
And slowly, from the wide range of Lantus or Levemir ... I imagine.

It is that 18 units seem to me a barbarity, taking into account that perhaps you are in honeymoon (as you say ... although 10 months are already enough for a trip of this caliber).
There are about 36 normal and currents María cookies ... If we make the equivalence by HC ... I don't know, a normal breakfast: a glass of juice, a glass of milk, several toast, a lot of jam, a piece of fruit... Any does not reach 18 units ... much less having honeymoon.
In a 2000 kcal diet they recommend 5 rations of HC at breakfast ...
Normal that you will lower the dose ... you should have some beastly hypos or eat a barbarity.
I don't understand anything...

Did you lower the insulin dose in half?: Shock :: Or is it just a way of speaking?Did you do it on your own or by medical indication?
I don't understand anything.

The absorption time can vary slightly from one person to another, but nothing remarkable, except pathology that affects this.What does most influence is what you eat ... Large amounts of food or large amounts of fats make food absorption slow.

Liver cleaning?: Or why? What is achieved?
The liver is fundamental because it stores glycogen, essential in all types of processes and cases that occur to us.For example, in severe hypoglycemia it is vital to have glycogen.
A complete and balanced diet serves perfectly to take care of the liver and the rest of the organs.
Nor do I understand any of this.

According to you, you had 5.6 glycosilada and since you were not happy you put the fast insulin again: o ... I must assume that under the medical criteria.
But you took it away again (I don't understand why) and replaced it with 1 liter of Estevia infusion ... and you also went down the basal dose.
These changes have resulted in postpandrial glycems of 80-120 ... 2 hours after eating
Of traca.

It must be that you have healed or Estevia is miraculous ... eating anything (carbohydrates included), having DM1 and only 5 units of slow a day ... Do you have values ​​of 80-120 after eating?
Well, you don't have diabetes, or you have brutal beta cell reserves (after 10 months from the diagnosis) or I don't understand anything.

But well, if your doctor has proven that with that method you have controlled glycemia ... Well forward.But come on, it's surprising, at least.

Colon cleaning ... some "Janmites", maybe?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/19/2011 2:55 a.m.

Stevia's commercial sounds to me ...
And it seems embarrassing to say that with 1 liter of infusion per day the slow and fast insulin can be lowered.
As affected by DM1, I would like people who sell this type of remedies who are nothing more than scams put them all in jail.Since they are playing with the lives of people who do not have enough education to see that this is not a miraculous remedy if not a very cruel scam .

DiabetesForo
02/19/2011 5:27 a.m.

How much do you bet on the next message trying to sell something ????????: Twisted:

DiabetesForo
02/19/2011 5:50 a.m.

Wei that this of Estevia is nothing more than a test that I comment that I am doing to see if it serves something, I already take away from putting insulin fast and lowered the slowly slowly without having tried the Estebia.At the moment I drink it and if in 4-6 months I do not see that it makes me anything or helps me regulate myself.
The bowling alley they use are Apidra and Lantus.

I would have wanted to explain so much that I have achieved otherwise.The only intention is to know why when I start again apidra I do not help my blood sugar down and control it but to get out of control and just leave it again to be well again at levels.The other is whether it is bad to try to lower the dose while my body seems to respond to the point of not depending on bowling (at least for the moment).That the same the few reservations that I am doing dust, so I ask here (I am a novatism and what I am looking for is to learn from who knows more).

Owash The dose with which I left the hospital of insulin produced me hip as well commented, if it was to leave that I was looking forward to and go to a market to see what food, sweetener and others could eat and almost me and almost meI fall for the soils.We returned to the hospital and they lowered it by telling me that if they kept giving me dances I continued to go down the dose day after day, in a few days I got it halfway as I comment.The truth is that the endocrine that took me went on vacation 2 days before I left the hospital (on Friday I think I remember) and on Monday the new endocrine that touched me discharged me with those doses.
I put Apidra again after consultation with the endocrine in which he told me that he had a glycosilada of 5.6 (a month and a half ago).I tell him the idea and told me that in front.As I saw that it was not on your own account I stopped putting myself Apidra.

Well I don't try to explain more that I am afraid to mess up with it.

ToRyN's profile photo
ToRyN
02/19/2011 6:34 a.m.

When debuting in the disease once the initial lack of control is normal, it is normal for the exogenous insulin doses that are needed to be minor, I mean that it is normal that you comment that two days you had to lower the doses quite a lot.
It is also normal that when time goes by endogenous insulin reserves (own insulin) are going to less and you have to touch the dose of exogenous insulin upwards.
I mean that all that you have commented is normal.

Reading you would seem to need more insulin is bad (I don't care about the type of insulin: slow, superlent, fast, ultra-opted) and that is not so, that more insulin has to be used does not mean that it is more diabetic or that it isA worse diabetes.
Example: two people with diabetes, one of them needs 50 insulin units per day and the other 80 insulin units per day, nor the one that needs 50 is less diabetic or the one that needs 80 is more diabetic, the two people have diabetes andThey put the doses they need.
I comment this PQ insists quite a bit on this idea (at least in your first post) and it is not so.

(...) I put me as a goal to always be with a glucose of 80-120 trying to reduce insulin little by little through a good diet, work and exercise.

That one sets objectives does not mean that these objectives are correct, they are totally different things, I can set myself as a goal with 150 mg/dl or have 90 mg/dl in the post-compVery well but that does not mean that these objectives are correct.

Those objectives that you have set on the paper look very good and while it is in "honeymoon" it may be easy to get them especially PQ at that time there is an endogenous insulin (more than the amount of endogenous insulin for its regulation by its regulationwhich is perfect) but when the "honeymoon" ends those objectives are quite dangerous, those objectives would be almost as not having this disease, the regulation of exogenous insulin will never be the same as the endogenous and trying to have those objectives isBe in the precipio.

(...) My sugar began to get out of control.I got up between 120-160 when before it always made it between 80 and 110 and after eating at two hours it was around 140-180.

Continuing with the subject ... so that you get an idea of ​​PQ your goals are too tight there goes a fact: what you call outsourlyAmerican Diabetics) are the objectives to be achieved: have between 80 and 120 mg/dl in pre-comidas and have between 140 and 180 mg/dl in post-comidas.

When you are in "honeymoon" it is very easydifficult and your goals are "dangerous."

(...) I was recommended to clean the liver through homeopathic medicines (...)

(...)

The next thing I am going to try part of continuing with Estevia is a colon cleaning that they have told me that it is very good, I am before taking time to see some conferences that have given me and videos and information online.

Stevia is a sweetener (something is used to sweeten, a sugar substitute) in no case is a diabetes treatment, I mean that Stevia infusions if you want to take them forward (as long as you control the carbohydrates you are taking)But you are not treating your diabetes better or worse, you are not treating it directly.
Liver or colon cleaning are not a diabetes treatment.

If you have type 1 diabetes the treatment is with insulin(Multiple injections of insulin or insulin pump) following more or less a diet, counting the rations of carbohydrates that you eat in the different meals (breakfast/food/dinner) and if you want/you can do a little physical exercise because aheadWith physical exercise.

Diabetes (no matter the type of diabetes) is not treated with homeopathic medicines or with alternative medicine or visiting healers or putting candles to Santa Rita.

DiabetesForo
02/19/2011 10:53 a.m.

TNT Thanks for the answer, everything very clear, so pleases.

ToRyN's profile photo
ToRyN
02/19/2011 11:28 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.