We have broken the "cable" of the Medtronic infusion kit

nuriavegal's profile photo   08/10/2014 5:26 p.m.

Has happened to someone ???Tomorrow we are going to call our diabetes nurse and Medtronic.
We do not understand that it has been clear that it is a defect of the infusion kit, I have gone to bathe the littleLike two cable fingers hanging from the catheter and the rest of the cable left hanging from the loose bomb, I have taken a death scare.Luckily it has happened to him in mid -morning that he barely has basal.In the change of diaper of the morning I have not seen anything weird, as I have always looked that there were no bubbles before putting the breakfast bolus, about 09:00 and at 12:30 I have found the surprise and the clear scare.We have noticed that sometimes the transparent cable is coming but with some kind of white spot that sometimes seems bubble but then you see that it is like a cable defect, has it happened to you?I do not know if it will have split there in this case, as we see sometimes in some infusion kit, once discarded that it is bubble we do not give importance and I cannot assure if we were using that kind of white withered, weUntil now we had not given importance to this ... we are delighted with the bomb, the girl is much more controlled, I do not put this comment to make a bad press of this bomb or anything like that but it seems very serious, of a lot of risk.Now the problem is also that as we are on vacation, we brought enough infusion kits and are of two different lots, we do not know that lot is the one that has broken, because we change the catheter yesterday and throw the wrapping ... inend, a little odyssey everything :-(

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
08/10/2014 5:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @nuriavegal,
It broke me, but it was other circumstances, my cat ate it at night, so I don't count.
The only thing I can tell you is that I have seen that "white spot" that looks like a bubble but that it is not, but it has never broken anything, and I don't know what it is due ... of allWays, as you say, call Medtronic to see if they can give you any explanation and if there is any defective lot, check what you have.

I'm glad he only stayed in a scare :)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/11/2014 4:29 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I have never broken.However, as my child is small, 4 years old, many times after two days the catheter does not work well and you have to change it.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
08/11/2014 12:40 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

The same thing happens to us, our little one is 2 years old and it is rare that I endured three days ..... in addition to every time you have to touch him to purge, or to see if there is blood is an odyssey ....It is not left, cries kick .... It has a lot of strength and becomes increasingly difficult when the catheter must be changed.We put it in the culete, we still have a diaper, we are thinking of changing the area to see if we are better.Where do you place it to your son?

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
08/11/2014 5:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.