{'en': 'Night hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Hipoglucemias nocturnas'} Image

Night hypoglycemia

Laire's profile photo   08/15/2014 11:52 a.m.

Hello everyone!

Lately they give me hypoglycemia several nights.Before sleeping I usually be between 70 and 90, and I take a glass of milk with cookies.

I have noticed that when I take something more apart from that, at night I almost always gives me hypoglycemia.

Do you know why this can happen?

I do not understand that if as something else gives me, and if not, no ... or maybe it has simply been coincidence, although I have proven several days.

I usually wake up with 45 or so, is this very low?

All the best :)

Laire's profile photo
Laire
08/15/2014 11:52 a.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

I am not very expert but what is clear is that waking up with 45 is a strong hypoglycemia and that it is something that happens to you normally you have to download Lantus.
On the subject of what you take before bed I can't help you :(

Nadia94's profile photo
Nadia94
08/15/2014 2:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you get Lantus at night, you will be better to put it in the morning.
If you do not change the schedule, you will have to low the dose, but maybe it doesn't last 24 hours.
Don't be with those hypos, they are dangerous.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/15/2014 4:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

That happens to you because you are putting too much slow insulin;Lantus, Levemir or the one you wear.The rapid disappears in 3-4 hours.If you get up with hypoglycemia, it is as a result of excess slow.

rosilgu's profile photo
rosilgu
08/15/2014 4:21 p.m.

Try to lower the dose.It is very good that before going to sleep you take something to be between 120-150 and with the slow hydrates you take would be enough.The rest of the night is already a slow problem.It is what I would do.

rosilgu's profile photo
rosilgu
08/15/2014 4:24 p.m.

Thank you very much for the answers!

I put 36 of Lantus in the morning.Maybe I try a week to put two units less, to see if I do better.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
08/15/2014 7:32 p.m.

Lower the lantus. Do you put quickly on meals?
If you don't get fast before meals, you can't get good control.
Fast before each meal is needed to metabolize hydrates.
The Lantus only covers the basal needs
You are putting too much lantus.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/15/2014 8:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hi @regina!Yes, apart from the Lantus in the morning, before each meal I put myself fast (Apidra), depending on what I have, I put more or less, it is usually between 2 and 4 units.
I will tell you how the slow one goes down.Thank you very much!

Laire's profile photo
Laire
08/15/2014 9:31 p.m.

I think you are slow and lack quickly.
The sum of the rapid dose is usually similar to the total dose of slow .., although there are no fixed rules.
I would start by lowering the lantus from one in one unit, until they have no hypos, and then climb the rapids, if necessary.
A hug

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/15/2014 11:04 p.m.

I went to the beginning.I put 16 lantus units and had to take a glass of milk and cookies without wanting to not have hypoglycemia.Solution: except your.I put 10 units and get up at 80-100mg (I don't always clear ... it depends on dinner) ...

franjacado's profile photo
franjacado
08/20/2014 9:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.