Very complicated and asymptomatic diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/22/2014 7:48 a.m.

Hello, good morning, my mother has been diabetic for more than 10 years, I will try to explain it in the best way, and expect you to help me, thank you. It has 6.8 blood glucose, the type of diabetes it has is asymptomatic and suffersof very frequent hypoglycemia (3 or 4 a week with indices in the glucometer 30 to 58) the problem is that he does not realize when he goes down, he has no sweaty or nervousness, or tremors, she alone does not realize ....) 18 in the morning and at night 10 units and the rapid (orange voligraph) 2-3-2 plus corrections, the orange only clicks it if it has to correct it or if necessary to eat, the problem is that for example;In the morning he has it in 41, he does not put the insulin fast, he only clicks 18 of the slow breakfast with sugar to climb but when he arrives at noon he has it in 60, and so on every day, and at nightHis 10 units of the slow one is click, but when he gets up in the mornings he always appears with terrible hypoglycemia.And other problems are the strips to get the test, which my mother only covers social security to prick 3 times a day, and do not wantthat being buying 2 to 3 boxes of strips so that the test can always be done 2 hours after meals.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/22/2014 7:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And why don't the lantus go down?For what you say, Lantus is left over everywhere, he has plenty of morning and at night, and even maybe with a single prick he can arrive all day ...
At the moment I would try to go down 2 in 2, 16 in the morning and 8 at night

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/22/2014 8:53 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I am with @gala, that Lantus goes down, it is clear.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/22/2014 10:10 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I also believe that Lantus is very past.
It is that there are endocrine that only use lantus, with hardly fast, and that is a barbarity.
You have to lower the Lantus (especially that of the night), the ideal is to put it only once a day, and get insulin rapid before eating hydrates, according to the portions.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/22/2014 10:26 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Let's see I commented a little more: the slow insulin is called Levemir and the RapidHe had in 128 he put on the slow 8 and got up at 45 and all this without putting anything fast, so this morning he did not get fast or slow and 2 hours after breakfast I had it in 88 ........ If someone knows a good doctor in the area of ​​Malaga or Antequera I ask and I beg the data of that doctor, thank you very much ...

DiabetesForo
08/22/2014 11:50 a.m.

Levemir gets twice a day. Lantus only one.
I think that you change the endocrine, you can put a more comfortable treatment with a dose of Lantus in the morning and the rapids in the meals
. Why do you comment, it can be fixed quickly, but what is clear is that it is too slow.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/22/2014 noon

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Apart from changing the treatment ... surplus slows everywhere.If you can afford it, ask a meter continued to let you know about hypoglycemia.Take a look at Dexcom, there is a lot of information on the forum.

tica's profile photo
tica
08/22/2014 12:16 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Buff that has to be very hard.Do not notice the symptoms of hypoglycemia until it falls ... but as the companions say.Less slow insulin and another endocrine urgently.

franjacado's profile photo
franjacado
08/23/2014 10:10 p.m.

That you are going to tell me, it hurts more for my mother than for me, I already tell you it is a suffering, getting home and finding it at home lying on the floor of the living room, urinated, beaten in the head and bleeding, falling intoThe bathroom with 3 broken ribs and a pneumotorax, falling with ligament breakage, and endless further fall because of the damn diabetes, ..... the continuous meters I saw them but the price is veryVery very high, now I am crazy looking for a good private endocrine in the province of Malaga or Antequera, but none gives me good confidence in the knowledge of diabetes, and we no longer know what to do for the damn asymptomatic hypoglycemia ......What we have achieved is that they give 3 more strips to take the test two hours after meals finally ... We have also changed the glucometer for that of Acucec Aviva, little by little, although the hypoglycemia follow.That is why I beg that if anyone knows good endocrine in Malaga, communicates it to me.And I keep looking at the continuous meter seems very good but the cost ......

DiabetesForo
08/25/2014 5:24 p.m.

And one more question, I as a son of a diabetics, the risk factor is high or not?

DiabetesForo
08/25/2014 5:53 p.m.

Let's see ... my father was diabetic and I have debuted as such. My sister is not .... is pure lottery.A advice: eat well and exercise.Your body will appreciate it.As long as you do not work at your pancreas more than normal your possibilities can be reduced.Eat everything but do not abuse hydrates. There is a healthy life.Although I already tell you that it is lottery.Do not become obsessed now and do not stop eating huh.I just say that preventing sometimes is good.

The continuous meters is a bitch the price.I hope we can have them within reach

I hope your mother does not pass any more accident for not noticing the symptoms of hypoglycemia.Luckily when I get to 70 I already feel a dizzy pelin.Sometimes I confuse it when I have crouched down ... I wait to see if it goes more ... and when I already raised my hand and I see that my extended hand is not firm .... shit.I do a control and I am already 60 or less...Hora to look for something that goes back to me.

Perhaps you should try to lower the dose of insulin and test the results.I told me my endocrine.And I did so.I tried and lowered several doses in several days.In the end it is we who make our own doctors.

franjacado's profile photo
franjacado
08/25/2014 9:07 p.m.

You need to change endocrine to adjust the doses well (regardless of what you are trying now to lower the slow, because it cannot be) and also an educator in diabetes.It is essential that you understand what the disease consists of, counting rations, adjusting insulin .... doctors give guidelines, but who has to have the final decision is the patient.I explain myself, according to my endocrine I have to fast 2-4-3 ... almost no day my doses coincide with that pattern.Depending on what I want to eat, I put that or not.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
08/26/2014 3:54 a.m.

Hi, spare dose of slow ...
The best diabetology course to count hydrates and adjust doses, but has slow insulin.

anicordoba's profile photo
anicordoba
08/26/2014 8:53 a.m.

Hello and I say ... and why are you not going to any diabetic association?(Search online).Maybe they can advise you a good endocrine and as minimum diabetologists to know how to detect the first symptoms in time ...
I am very sorry ... I also had a diabetic mother with many declines that I did not realize ... and in terms of inheritance ... two brothers (the little ones) are diabetics and two do not.Lottery without a doubt and in our case obesity!:-(((

nina45's profile photo
nina45
08/26/2014 8:30 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.